Forest Labs

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brenton L. Saunders

Pros
  • It was a nice place to work, good benefits and many career opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• Good Benefits and work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • With new CEO, things changed; layoff and projects cancelled (in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance is a challenge, constant change, company going through integration, job cuts (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I am lucky to work at forest lab

ProsThe environment is very nice and it is like familly oriented company. You can choose your own time to come to work.

Conshave to be prepare and compitative.

Business Analyst

ProsEmployee's benefits are excellent! It is pretty flexible.

ConsLots of politics going on.

Was a great company to work for

Engineer (Former Employee) Hauppauge, NY

ProsGood Benefits and work life balance

ConsNew CEO biggest liar I ever heard

Advice to Senior ManagementToo bad you sold out!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good growth company, but likely to change due to its acquisition by Activis

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmaller pharma company with good products, intelligent people, less bureaucracy than big pharma.

ConsCompany hasn't adapted well to changes in the marketplace, resulting in vulnerability to acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain the best people for the long-term and be willing to entertain new ideas.

had great opportunity for growth and innovation until new leadership decided to go into huge cost cutting mode

Accounting and Finance (Former Employee) New York, NY

Proslots of opportunity for growth

Consnew leadership is focused on shareholder value and not on the growth of the employees

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your talent and improve morale

IT MANAGER

Manager (Current Employee) Commack, NY

ProsGreat benefits including stock options. Great people.

Consgoing through a major merger over the next few months, currently no clarify on future of this combined company

Was a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsForest Labs provided the opportunity to work in a variety of therapeutic areas and with global co-development partners of all sizes.

ConsCurrently very strained environment due to reorganization, downsizing and pending sale to Actavis.

In the middle of a merger - being bought by Actavis

Senior Statistical Programmer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsPeople are mostly friendly, educated, and intelligent. There is work for you if you are good. Upper management is insightful and know what they are doing.

ConsSince this is a time of company merger transition, job uncertainty is prevalent. If you want to move up the ladder you need to be assertive and make your aspirations know, else you will be left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe working business model of buying promising compounds and bringing them to market work well for Forest.

Since Howard Solomon has stepped down from the CEO position and the new president Brent Saunders has a track record of having a company he runs being bought, that is exactly what happened, in record time, less than six months of his arrival.

Administrative Assistant II

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly, laid back environment. There is much room for growth for an admin including positions other than administrative assistants.

ConsThe company is going through a major restructuring with a new CEO and lay-offs. Not sure what type of company it will become once

Overall very happy

Senior Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible work place for our department, not the same in others

ConsCompany got sold and employees are waiting to see if they have jobs...not a lot of work being done.

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!