Forest Labs

Updated December 11, 2014
Updated December 11, 2014
3.2

Brenton L. Saunders

Pros
  • It was a nice place to work, good benefits and many career opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• Good Benefits and work life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is not the same with the new CEO (in 9 reviews)

• Work-life balance is a challenge, constant change, company going through integration, job cuts (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Informatics executives are out of control

Current Employee - Research Informatics
    Current Employee - Research Informatics

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Good location with nice views. Great benefits and perks. Salary is decent as well although stock options not performing.

Cons

Informatics senior executives do not really listen and do not manage their staff due to lack of professionalism and it is reflected on everyone downstream several levels below.

only in it for themselves and managing up by putting on a different face so to look good is not a very good way to run IT. Staff productivity, morale, motivation and attitudes are really poor across all Informatics areas due to extraordinarily bad management. Unnecessary stress, politics and pressure.

It is true that most of the folks in senior roles are in some shape or form "connected" to CIO and SVP and hired from outside - clear sign that there is no internal staff development to move up. Forest has a lot of good talent that is not being utilized effectively.

Appoint new SVP Corporate Informatics and direct reports.

Informatics is a mess, Wake up Forest - Corruption

Current Employee - IT INF in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT INF in New York, NY

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

Good benefits
    Work Life benefits
    Some smart innovative people

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, Infrastructure expects you to Work 24/7
    Lots of Nepotism - family, past colleagues and friends get it all, esp. in Informatics
    Little career growth, most senior exec roles go to outside because there is no leadership development
    CIO and his executive team lack integrity

The problem is the CIO and his SVP, VPs .
    Never meet with IT staff and I am in IT supervisory role.
    A lot of IT jobs going offshore and the senior IT leaders CIO, VPs orchestrate this for personal purposes

Disappointing

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

The new talent they hired from outside

Cons

-Workload is not realistic
    -No sense of urgency
    -Salary is not FMV
    -Think innovatively

-Continue to hire from outside and get rid of the employees that are resistent to change

Management does not value employees

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

The bonus structure is comparable to that of other pharmaceutical companies. Company car choices are nice. Ok, so those aren't really the greatest pros, but I am trying to be positive here.

Cons

Micro-management is the norm here at Forest Laboratories. The problem seems to start at the top and trickle down, and by the time it gets to the rep level, it is a landslide of fear and intimidation. Even if you have great numbers, as I do, you are made to fear for your job on an almost weekly basis. My team is on the cusp of making it to President's Club and my teammate was just let go for subpar performance! Are you kidding me?! The guy was in the top 25% of the company and they fired him for not "enhancing sales effectiveness". The problem with him was that he didn't buy into what our manager was selling. He wasn't vocal about it or anything, but you could tell that he wasn't into the whole kool-aid drinking culture here. They put him on a plan. His field ride scores, (which are very subjective, by the way), consistently went down over the course of his "performance improvement" plan. Then at the end of the period, he was let go. This is what they do here. Don't let the fact that there are no layoffs fool you into thinking that jobs at Forest are secure, because they truly are not. I have decided that I am leaving the company as soon as I can find anything with comparable compensation. I am so tired of this. I am a top performing rep and I am leaving on my own, before they cut me too.

My advice is more to human resources, and it is this: Pay attention to the high amount of turnover that is associated with specific managers and investigate it. This is not a coincidence. When these managers place a representative on a plan, it should be viewed with the utmost level of scrutiny. Great employees are being let go and or leaving on their own due to this mismanagement.

ok start for those interested in pharma

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

good benefits, hours are steady no overtime, summer hours, no layoffs

Cons

no direction from managers, hr is totally confused, very old boy networking mentality

upgrade technology to at least be competitive, hire experienced pharma people, get rid of the unproductive employees,

Once a bright shiny star now been slowly reduce to dust and ashes

Current Employee - Scientist IV in Commack, NY
    Current Employee - Scientist IV in Commack, NY

I have been working at Forest Labs

Pros

for an entry level position in and around NY borough, Forest Lab provides good enough foundation for later on endeavors

Cons

Nepotism, Favoritism, incompenet and cluless managment, unfair evaluation, salary raise in below satisfactory

Have competent managment who know there stuff, stop hiring third grade level scientist from India and China. Major overhall in the R&D section from top to bottom.

Fair

I have been working at Forest Labs full-time

Pros

History of positive and loyal company

Cons

Acquired by Actavis; in the dark on too many important variables

Stuffy, Corporate and very political

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Forest Labs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are mostly friendly, and smart.

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem to care about the day to day as much. People will report you to HR if you look at them funny or make a joke about the weather.

Listen more

Analyst

I have been working at Forest Labs (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good hours, made good friends from there

Cons

They didn't want to pay what I deserved

Used to be a good company to work for.

I worked at Forest Labs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family friendly-used to do a lot of stuff for families and a wonderful holiday party.

Cons

Don't think you are safe. Company was sold less than 6 months after new boss came in.

Have a little sympathy for those of us losing our jobs. Transparency would be helpful.