Forest Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

2.7

Forest Pharmaceuticals Chairman and CEO Howard Solomom
Howard Solomom

Pros
  • Good benefits, company works hard for employees (in 8 reviews)

• Flexibility in schedule/work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Micromanagement, poor work-life balance, changing metrics (in 3 reviews)

• Is this how they expect to motivate sales reps by degrading them and using scare tactics (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

You either love it or hate it, depending on who your boss is.

Former Employee - Field Base Sam
    Former Employee - Field Base Sam

I worked at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Good bonus opps
    Great benefits
    Growth opps (if you are basically preselected by higher ups)

Cons

Each Managment team has different styles, very competitive always competing and hiding good sales strategies...I get you want to win but the company offers bonuses if we all come out on top

Be consistent and knowledgeable. Nothing worse then seeking help and your mngr blows you off. Also have your teams back... They have to know they can trust someone to fight for them in this dog eat dog industry. If it's something like a small sample violation, inform the rep don't just go hand them over to sample compliance...you've lost their trust and respect.

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy of working in the field is great if you can be your own motivational driver.

Cons

There seems to always be misdirection coming from one place or another. Communication is terrible. It seems even when you're on top, it's not good enough, and you will not be recognized for anything you do right. Management at the DM level doesn't always have the degree of professionalism that one might expect from an established company.

Have clear and open communication. Make goals that are laid out, achievable, and give credit when those goals are reached. A level a fairness amongst peers would be commendable.

Uncapped bonuses and great manager

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

uncapped bonuses, good PTO, great manager.

Cons

Lots of administrative busy work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good experience

I have been working at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, decent amount of resources, several potentially big products in pipeline, lots of incentives

Cons

Lots of reps in territories with overlapping products. Branded meds are getting more difficult drs to write

They have treated me fairly

Current Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fair pay. I was not overly micro managed. Large product line. Profit shareing. Matched 6% 401k. Had a company work care.

Cons

Too many meetings. I think the salary was a little below average for industry standards. The company could have done a better job movivating employees with more bonuses that were attainable to the majority of reps

A company in steady decline since management change in late 2006/early 2007.

I worked at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At one time the ability to make significant contribution to company was a way of life. This made going to work a pleasure and something you looked forward to as you knew there was great stuff going on and you could impact it, save the company money, and help people grow.

Cons

Moved to matrixed organization and placed people in leadership who knew little about the areas for which they were responsible. Further, majority of major decisions involved "teams" with excessive membership and everyone believed they had a say. Ultimately, the company bogged down, profits dramatically increased, decisions were made that were non-business driven and there was no recourse for area experts to impact their business as they had in the past.

Forest is gone. That says it all.

Good company until Brent Saunders

I worked at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Was a great company that cared about it's employees. Pay & benefits were awesome.

Cons

Then Brent Saunders become CEO and the company cared more about shareholders profits instead of quality and their employees.

Too late for advice. They have already done irreparable damage to the company. Approved of Howard Solomon, disapprove of Brent Saunders.

Good company, questionable management decisions.

Former Employee - Primary Care Sales Representative  in  Parkersburg, WV
    Former Employee - Primary Care Sales Representative in Parkersburg, WV

I worked at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Company itself was enjoyable to work for. It was a typical pharma sales job. Good training. Fair pay.

Cons

As with any pharma rep job, the manager can make it unbearable. I loved it through my first two managers, the last one was horrible.

Expectations need to be reasonable. Performing representatives should be rewarded, not harassed.

Forest Pharmaceuticals - Good Place

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Director/Senior Director was best manager I have ever worked for. He was respectful, treated his staff professionally. Very good salary and benefits. Office very well kept.

Cons

Upper Executives out of touch with the daily business operations. They tend to not know what is going on, coming in and messing up what is working so well and then leaving. They were not mean spirited, just out of touch. Executives best suited for handling the finance and board level part of buisness.

Executives should meet quarterly with middle management to status on operations and once a year at an offsite planning meeting.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Territory Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Representative

I have been working at Forest Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work/life balance. Not just a number.

Cons

Pretty conservative on base salary.

Worked for Forest Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!