Forest River

Solid Manufacturer Of Recreational Vehicles

Transporter (Current Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsFlexibility, Travel options and Good Customer Standing

ConsVaried Income, Multiple Career Opportunities,

Not a good company to work for

Employed (Current Employee)

ProsJob security, because they know they won't be able to hire anybody to take over your job, so they won't fire you for anything. Good people to work with. First shift hours

ConsHaven't gotten a raise in over 10 years, not 1 cent, even though we have increased earnings for the division 500% Health insurance is a joke rip off, 10 vacation days is the max you will ever get in a year no matter how long you've worked here. Senoirity means nothing. No sick days, bare minimum paid holidays. I would pass out if I ever heard something positive said from management to a jr employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementStructured raises, more employee benefits, stop treating your employees like dirt. Brown nosers win at this company, not people that keep there mouth shut and do there job.

Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Goshen, IN

ProsIf you don't do your job, they will keep you...they get rid of the hard workers. I am going to start looking for a new job.

ConsManagement protects their buddies. The hardest workers in both the plant and offices are ran off or let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at your management team. They are buddies with too many people and don't care if some of their buddies are not working. Craziest thing that I have ever seen.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Drug filled sweat shop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsGreat pay and everyone wanted to finish and go home

ConsWorking in a place where drugs were easier to find than toilet paper for the filthy bathrooms

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time knowing what goes on in the shop and less time sitting in your offices!!!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Extreme Industry leadership

General Manager Extrusion # 36 (Former Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsCustomer awareness, Best Management, very effective business approach. Pete gives some many challenges and rewards the employees very well. Working under and with him was a experience once in a lifetime. Thank you CSA

ConsThe package Forest River offers holds very little negative attributes. This company grew from zero to 2 billion in sales in 9 years. The sale to Berkshire was an added plus for this organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the creative skills lead by Pete Liegl. Utilize the skill you have built such as Doug G. He is a solid person that can fill the shoes I believe once you decide to hand over the CEO position.

Unfair

Production Line Worker (Former Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsGreat co-workers to have on your team.

ConsManagement- Plant manager. Seniority means nothing if your a production line worker.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew management and new ideas are not always the right choice. Expierence is a powerful tool.

Management doesn't have a clue

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Goshen, IN

ProsThe pay is fantastic for the true performers. They have some great products and great dealers, but need to get rid of the internet dealers that are ruining the market.

ConsIf working for the right people, it's a fantastic company. However, it's still a good ole boys club and you'll typically just remain a rep.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the dealers more often. Some of the former companies that have gone bankrupt got away from listening to what their dealers' are telling them.

it is challenging .

Production (Current Employee)

Prosthe money is good. enjoy working with the people.

Conswork load isn't spread out fairly.

Advice to Senior Managementhigher up management needs to come out and observe middle management.

a lot of work put on me because half the people in department don,t know how to perform multiple task.

Prosthe hours we work....the friendliest {most} people.....

Conssome supervisors have no clue about what to do, nor tell employers how to do something when they have a question....half of them got their job from "brown-nosing"

Advice to Senior Managementgive the supervisor/leadman positions to qualified individuals!

Worked for Forest River? Contribute to the Community!