Forever 21

Forever 21 Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won Chang

Do Won Chang

Pros
  • Fun clothes, some delightful people, super-fast-paced; your days just fly by(in 76 reviews)

• You will learn a lot of competitive skills to take elsewhere(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day(in 75 reviews)

• Expect long hours with little regard to your personal life(in 65 reviews)

124 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Okay experience

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsMet great people, fashion forward

ConsManagement doesn't treat you with respect

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude some more promotions

Visual Merchandiser

Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsDepends, usually the other visual merchandisers are really fun to work with a make a great team. Benefit for full time are pretty good. During floorsets you can be pretty creative when it comes to merchandising.

ConsThere is a lot of favoritism, and if upper management doesn't like you, they won't bother to promote you any further. You are at the will of the store and what it needs. Some days you won't even be merchandising but being a glorified sales associate. Also hours can be everywhere and depending on management and how busy it is.

Great place to learn, not long term

Production Coordinator (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI had no production or development experience going in to this job, so it was a great place to learn about the industry and business.

ConsShort lunch breaks, micromanaging, didn't feel appreciated as an employee

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate: Some great managers, Extremely toxic environment, good for the young and naive ONLY

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsUnknown at this time. Maybe the in-house Starbucks? The international experience is nice. Keeps things interesting. Some people are respectful. Most aren't.

ConsExtremely disorganized; Very long hours; No work-life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people and put some processes in place so that everyone isn't scrambling at the last minute.

Not a Career Company - No room for growth

Accessory Department Manager (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsI would say there are no pros to working for this company. I know that may seem harsh but in my three years there I did not experience anything positive with the company despite my handwork and dedication.

ConsFirst the company pays horrible. As a college grad I was offered a part time position getting paid $10.50/hr with no benefits. Lots of promises are made by upper management and corporate managers that are not delivered on. Their is no room for growth and advancement. One can not bridge the gap between being at store level and corporate. They are very unethical in the way they treat their employees and do business. Work long hours without OT, required to clock in and out at midnight to avoid overtime. Poor working conditions not providing employees with sufficient working bathrooms and break rooms. Forbidden to leave the building on certain breaks and during the holiday season. I could go on for days, but you get the idea....

Advice to Senior ManagementIn store management should treat employees with equal respect. Although I was the accessory department manager I was not treated like a manager. I was not included in management meetings, I treated poorly by the other management, and I was not allowed in the managers office. I was treated like a SA, this was true under multiple store managers.

Worst corporate structure, worst owners, worst everything

Corporate Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe relationships I've made with my teammates, we went through psychological and corporate war together.

ConsTrickle down management, nepotism and if you are not Korean you do not have a chance for solid further advancement. The high turnover in corporate is evidence of the mismanagement, and basic misery felt by much of the employees. Since the company is based on discount fashion, the materials I needed for my job are discount, to the point of the CEO having to sign off on my employees computers which too time for us to get. Rather than invest in the employees they company would just want to open up more stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo an anonymous survey of the corporate employees and gauge what the employee needs and how they feel about the company

You will learn a lot about yourself and what you will and will not put up with.

Buyer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- learn to respond/act quickly
    - learn to adapt to CONSTANT change
    - wear multiple hats

Cons- a ton of roadblocks if you want to effect any changes
    - micro-managing upper management
    - no encouragement to grow
    - they want robots, not thinkers

Advice to Senior Managementthis is your mission field. your employees are the frontline of who God has granted you to steward. love them. shine the light of Christ to them.

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Downey, CA

ProsThe only perks of this company is being around trendy clothes all day.

ConsThis is a terrible company to work for. They couldn't care less about their employees. The pay is very low for the work that we had to deal with. To avoid paying us overtime while working late shifts, they made us clock out at 11:59 p.m. and clock back in at 12:01 a.m.

Long Nights, long weeks.

ASM (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou get to meet nice people. Latest trends.

ConsLong nights, can't leave until go backs are done. Sometimes pull a 12 hour shift with NO overtime. Customers are morons.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being such Divas and get it together.

shipping and receving clerk

Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosthree diferent shifs and need to add more

Consdont pay enouph work very hard for 8$ an houre

Advice to Senior Managementdo mare outreach to employes

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!