Forever 21

2.5
1,676 Reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Pros
  • Its a very fast paced business so the store made money and so there was always hours (in 95 reviews)

• The company is very fashion forward, and prices are very affordable (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 92 reviews)

• Also the customer the company targets is vey unfriendly to sales associates (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

Good experience

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Fun and good environment to work in, young people, fast paced, always meeting someone new, and a nice experience for a first job

Cons

long hours of working and different schedule every week

good place for first job

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

It can be a fun environment and great place to start if you never had a job. I met one of my best friends from this job.

Cons

It can be a total mess in the store because of disrepectful customers just throwing clothes around and putting it everywhere.

Help out the sales associate or the floor. Sometimes it's overwhelming for sales and cashiers.

Forever 21 is a unique company to work for!

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Forever 21 is a company that promotes creativity and independence. With such a diverse combination of employees, you really get to experience what it's like when you bring all the creative-corporate people together under one roof.

Cons

Since the company is still growing, they are still implementing new policies and procedures. This means something could exist one day, and be gone the next. You have to be willing to take on a heavy workload and adapt very quickly.

Create a more positive work environment.

I am very thankful for the opportunity in working at this company. Growing within and accepting me.

Current Employee - Visual Manager
    Current Employee - Visual Manager

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

You have so much room to grow in this company and they permit you to be creative when you get the chance to merchandise and make the store look pretty and refresh.

Cons

The company just needs a better set on time frame, and organization. They seem to communicate things to late to the staff when it comes to updates, set ups, receiving the right marketing and insufficient product. Sizing is one of the biggest issues for the company in general.

Make sure to communicate at all times, ideas, projects, scheduling, etc.

A Good Place To Start

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It has a pretty good work environment. All the employees are really cool and nice. Even the management team.
    The work is really easy. You'll either run the register and maintain the floor, or you'll run the fitting room and maintain the floor.
    You'll learn a lot if it's your first job. That being said it's a good place to get work experience.
    Relatively flexible work schedule.
    Easy to move up considering how little positions there are. Especially from Associate to Head Cashier.

Cons

The discount is a measly 10%, but the clothes are already inexpensive.
    The hours can be low as it can really depend on your availability. A new policy they implemented caps anyone that isn't management can only get 25 hours a week.
    Training can be good or real bad. Some people train well. And sometimes they leave you on your own. But its not like the work is hard.
    Since everyone is part time there are no benefits or profit sharing or anything.
    Scheduling can vary since management does it.

I say it's a good place to start because it is. Their isn't a lot of perks or anything but everyone is really nice.
    You'll have the opportunity to learn a lot and you can eventually take that experience and move somewhere else. These are one of the few stores that doesn't require any experience and as someone who was part of the hiring process is pretty easy.
    Management can be pretty good or pretty bad.
    Raises are the stuff of legends. You have to annoy your Store Manager just to get your evaluation.
    Having and maintaining a good experience is like anywhere else and depends on the attitude. There are a lot of employees that are lazy and just complain when they don't do anything. And there are amazing employees that you think could secretly be machines and they have a good time. You have to go in willing to do your best everyday.

Do your entire job. I know there's a lot of paper work and stuff we don't see you do, but that doesn't mean you don't manage the floor. You get full time, bonuses, and a hire salary to do all that stuff not put it on whoever is there.

Its was ok

Former Employee - Head Cashier
    Former Employee - Head Cashier

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

I gained personal growth while working here. They were for the most part accommodating to mys school schedule.

Cons

I felt like I couldn't take off because I could not really afford it being that I was not being compensated well. every time I came in the store it was chaotic and I knew I would have to clean it up.

The store manager should be present more often.

Hard work, decent pay, lack of communication

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Fun environment, great people, pays higher than most retail stores, always has hours to give, lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

Discount is only 10%, pto builds up at a ridiculously slow rate, management reaps higher bonuses and rewards for meeting goals, no encouragement for visuals, sales, or stock. Corporate seems like they have no idea how to properly or efficiently run a major business.

Train your team, provide encouragement

Pretty good for my first job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Experience in the retail world, sufficient break times esp if you work 7-8 hours, ability to work your way up

Cons

favoritism, low pay for the loads of work you do,

Enforce rules and training on new workers.

It was pretty great

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discounts, great atmosphere, loved the people, okay pay

Cons

Annoying music, some co-workers a little judgemental

Maybe reconsider changing the music around more often.

Unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Store Manager in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Brandon, FL

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay (if you're just starting out as a SM)
    People
    Fashionable

Cons

Go backs and recovery, it may take you to the wee hours (2-3am)
    Constructive criticism lacks for senior management
    Gossiping (make the right senior management friends and you find out everything)
    High turn over