Forever 21

2.4 1,089 reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won Chang

Do Won Chang

1,089 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good place to start, Helps get acquainted with retail, fast paced"
    in 70 reviews
  • "self expression fashion forward creative freedom"
    in 39 reviews
Cons:
  • "High turnover rate for both employees and management"
    in 33 reviews
  • "10% discount doesn't even cover taxes here in Vancouver"
    in 70 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Over worked and underpaid employees is what will lead this company to failure.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou can easily work up the corporate ladder if you are hard working, business savvy, and are a true leader.

ConsTraining hours should be separate from business hours in labor scheduling so that managers can appropriately train new hires instead of sacrificing coverage hours. This will allow the floor to be appropriately covered for customer service. Time-off is nonexistent, you only have vacation hours which accrue 2 hours for every 2 weeks earned. There are no sick days or personal days so if you are sick then you must use your vacation days to make up for the hours lost and therefore never get any real time off. There are only health benefits for management which is terrible, all employees should get benefits if they work for the company long enough. There should also be 401k benefits and a better discount for employees, 10% is a slap in the face. The pay is a joke, its barely above minimum wage and pay increases are yearly and are less than $0.50 regardless of performance. The company poor keeps up its store i.e. does not provide cleaning supplies so you have to use your own money and buy your own, does not make any repairs even after flood damages, and does not maintain store repair in general. The company needs a company credit card for management if they refuse to provide supplies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBE A LEADER. Do not just manage and delegate but also connect with your associates. They know they are not get paid very much, but they are there so make them feel apart of a team and encourage their personal development and growth. Also, show your employees the correct way to do things do not just tell them.

bad

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for less than a year

Prosthe pay is actually decent

Consmanagers have the worst attitude

Advice to Senior Managementplease learn to manage your employees

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Forever 21 part-time

Proscute clothes, co-workers are nice

Consonly 10% discount heavy workload

Advice to Senior Managementstay positive

I would say the experience was overall OK at best...

Dallas, TX

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for more than a year

ProsGood employees, Good music, You get to see all the new clothes before they get ransacked over the weekend, Good if you're looking for alot of hours and you work hard

ConsFull timers NEVER get time off, Store Manager never closes, You have people who have worked there for years and get set in their ways, Basically a drone at work,

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take the time to invest in the Store Managers you hire, some of them have no humilty and they have no respect for the rest of the store's employees

Not for the kind-hearted.

Head Cashier (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for more than a year

ProsPerks are knowing the upcoming trends, opportunities to customer service, fun and fast paced environment. Depending on location depends on your team, personally my team has always been great and brings great energy to get you pumped.

ConsA lot of empty promises regarding promotions, low pay, there's always a lot of left over chores to do. Rotation with management which means if you're a good worker sure you get hours, but you'll get burnt out quickly. Also its a 10% employee discount.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually interview the people who are interested in working at Forever 21, don't hire to fill.

Decent place to start getting work experience (HQ)

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time

ProsGood place to start off if you have no experience. I'm in a wonderful team that's willing to teach me stuff. Can transfer within department or even to another department if you have other interests.

Wage is decent, depending on your position.

Lunch is semi-buffet-style (once you pay after you get your food, can't go back to get more) and for a low price too.

Random raffles to events and even have a quarterly nomination for employers to receive extra goodies.

ConsBenefits is not a good as some companies, but still decent.
Can feel overworked and/or underpaid sometimes.
Company definitely favors certain departments.

My experience was very beneficial to my future.

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time

ProsMeeting new people.
Great work atmosphere.

Consyou may have problems getting time off. they are pretty strict when it comes to off days and getting paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou must have good social skills.

I enjoy being a manager

Co-Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBeing surrounded by fashion and the opportunities for growth in the company. There are also health benefits for managers.

ConsThis company is very fast paced and making a name for itself however management does not necessarily get paid as well as other companies pay their managers at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to find ways to give your employees other incentives because as it stands the company does not give many unless you are full time.

Not what you expect.

I worked at Forever 21 part-time

ProsDiverse staff. %10 off. (If that's worth it to you.)

ConsUnorganized management. Unprofessional environment. Expect to much (like be on call) for to little pay. Pissy people to work with basically.

Advice to Senior Management???

ehh

I have been working at Forever 21

Prosnothing much it was a hard life

Consmusic, ppl, dress code, discount

Advice to Senior Managementget it together. we only know you care about money

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forever 21 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Forever 21 CEO Do Won Chang . All 1,089 reviews posted anonymously by Forever 21 employees.