Forever 21

2.5
1,593 Reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Pros
  • Its a very fast paced business so the store made money and so there was always hours (in 95 reviews)

• The company is very fashion forward, and prices are very affordable (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 92 reviews)

• Also the customer the company targets is vey unfriendly to sales associates (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

Great entry-level job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Great part-time job to get some experience

Cons

Can't move up unless on register

Other departments would make better management than cashiers

Company cares about workers, management may not

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Above average pay for retail, chance to advance, chance to earn extra on a lot of holidays, easy job because there are so many workers

Cons

Small discount, company closes and laid off two hundred employees- no one was given compensation or offered to have their job back

It's just a job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get to wear your own clothes
    Diversified Staff

Cons

Incompitant Management
    Still working with paper scheduling
    No training

Visual

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Being around fashion and learning the importance of visual merchandising

Cons

Crazy retail hours but that's a given some times

Working at forever 21 was bittersweet !

Former Employee - Sale Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sale Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Cute clothes
    It's a good job to have if you're in high school I guess but I was in college paying rent it wasn't enough unless I worked overtime
    Had some amazing co workers still close to this day
    I had fun helping customers pick out outfits
    It's cool to say you work at Forever 21 since pretty much every girl shops there

Cons

They will over work you !
    The pay pretty much sucks but you can get a raise after a year up to like .75 cents
    Long hours latest I stayed one night was till like 2am doing a regular shift (I also did overnight shifts which were a little better)
    Dirty customers, you fix the clothes & someone comes and messes it up (holidays & Saturday's were the worst)
    You need to have a lot of patience ...
    The discount is only %10 which is terrible
    You can't wear shorts above the knees

Some of my managers were rude ..had bad attitudes ..did not sympathize ... & expected too much

Perfect Job for College Students!

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Allows you to dress fashionably. Fun co-workers. The schedules are always flexible. Fast paced environment as well as a teamwork oriented environment.

Cons

No low to no annual raises for employees. F21 usually does not hire within the company they will recruit people with no experience with the company, to do the jobs that employees working there for years have experience with. Long retail hours. Policy has customers upset during busy weekends

Stop hiring lazy and disrespectful little children.

Great for someone starting college and looking to earn some money but hours are terrible along with management.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company offers flexible hours with friendly co-workers along with management. Working here enables you to utilize customer service and cash handling skills to use for future job opportunities.

Cons

A lot of hours during the holiday season, expect to get a lot of your hours cut after the holiday season to the point where you will only be working 5 hours a week. Management claims that hours need to be cut due to lack of revenue after the holidays, however keep in mind that the company gains billion's of dollars in revenue every year. Never received my yearly raise on time. Took a matter of months before it was processed and the company does not compensate it. Also don't anticipate a promotion to any position as I've seen very few the few years I worked for the company.

Stay on top of yearly pay as this can cause the company to lose valuable employees. Consider frequently promoting dedicated employees as the company tends to hire outside rather than within.

I liked working for this company while in college.

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Good discounts, and good environment to work in.

Cons

The customers that come in are terrible. Sometimes management over works employees.

Pretty good

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

It's a nice environment to work in. Really cool employees and managers. You get to be around cute clothes all day.

Cons

Just like anywhere in retail you deal with difficult customers. People who give you attitude for no reason or ruin your section.

Stop the double standards

Style is not an option.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are quite a lot of people with whom you will get very close to in a short time frame. Working in a fast-paced, occasionally stressful environment has a way of bonding people together. There's a lot of satisfaction in seeing people buy outfits you've helped merchandise or pick out for them, and most customers are generally fairly friendly. Getting to see what is on trend (or about to be) is definitely advantageous for the fashion-savvy individual, and being surrounded by like-minded people is a good feeling.

Cons

The pay isn't the greatest, the hours aren't always consistent, and there is no guarantee that you will end your shift at the time you were scheduled to. Much of your workload is reliant on the work done, if any, by the people whose shift was before yours. It is not abnormal to go home two or three hours after the store has closed if you work a closing shift. The employee discount is not very good (a measly 10%, which can not be combined with any other sales or deals), and the exchange policy is horrible. Your whole experience is really reliant on who is in charge for that day, and whether you have a good relationship with everyone else.

If there is someone who is consistently having problems with others, the issue needs to be addressed head on. If there's an issue with their work ethic, or if there's a lack of respect for their co-workers, action must be taken to remedy the situation, not only to right those wronged, but also to give the person in question an opportunity to grow. If they fail to make a positive, meaningful effort to improve themselves, it's time to let them go.