Forever 21 Reviews

2.3
1,353 Reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Pros
  • Its a very fast paced business so the store made money and so there was always hours (in 85 reviews)

• You will learn a lot of competitive skills to take elsewhere (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 83 reviews)

• The employee discount was only 10% and sometimes customers get 10% off for an item being dirty (in 70 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work if your young or want to move into management

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of opportunity to advance.

Cons

Corporate has unrealistic expectations of employee workload causing a stressful atmosphere and workers get burned out with in a year!

My advice to corporate would be that I wouldn't proclaim your Christians while simultaneously oppressing your workers with unbearable work loads.

Great Environment, OK company

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser  in  Greenwood, IN
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Greenwood, IN

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment with awesome people!
    Cute clothes are always a plus.

Cons

The company doesn't care much for compensating their employees that work hard with proper pay rates.

Stock

Current Employee - Stock Associate
    Current Employee - Stock Associate

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Chill place to work at. Meet new people.

Cons

Underpaid! Needs a steady sallary

Look at the stock shipment. Also define how much boxes stores should get.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very difficult experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay.good hours.they are very accommodating for time needed off and rescheduling of your days.the associates all work great together.

Cons

Bad time management. You will never get off on time the managers treat you like your five and are a little disrespectful

Treat your employees with more respect

I hate it. They treat us like dog poop and require my store to do things that are not under our title

Current Employee - Sale Associate  in  Elmhurst, NY
    Current Employee - Sale Associate in Elmhurst, NY

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

you can wear pretty much anything.

Cons

extreme late hours, short breaks, doing things not under your title, stressful to the max

you need to take better care of your associates more.

A year and a half too long

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Forever 21 at first was an amazing experience. I met so many amazing people that I consider more than just my coworkers, I was given a modest wage with good hours considering I'm still in school, I was trained to do everything and multitask, I worked my way up and gained management's recognition. It pretty much is a great place to learn how to develop skills for your future careers.

Cons

I began realizing how much I disliked the organization from management maybe eight months in. Management really doesn't care about you or your goals to advance in the store, I know because I've worked so hard to move up to work with the visual team and they don't communicate back to me at all and just throw me onto the sales floor. Why? Because they don't care about your feelings, they just want to use you. Also, all they care about is making money. Obviously a retail store would want to make money, but they scream into the walkies about having five minutes left to make the hourly sales goal and they pester you to customer service, even when you are and doing the best you can. Oh and 10% discount? Really?

My advice to management is to better organize yourselves, treat your employees how you want to be treated and speak to your employees how you would want to be spoken to, and make better decisions to make the money. A sales team that is pestered and discouraged is not a sales team that will make you money.

Enjoyable and always busy

Current Employee - Stock Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Stock Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, seeing new merchandise coming in and getting first pick, getting retail experience, freedom to wear what you want as long as it is fashionable (except logo brands).

Cons

Not getting a lot of hours, minimum wage pay.

Miss communication happens sometimes and that should be fixed.

Working for F21

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Grueling but great experience, and intense but perfect for those who chose retail as their first experience. Working for Forever 21 definitely takes a lot out of you but gives so much back in terms of experience. If you have a passion for fashion and can "move with a sense of urgency" - somewhat equivalent to a cheetah, there is no way that you cannot continue to move up in this company. Having worked here for a little over 2 years I have mastered the floor, working my way up to head cashier, accessories specialist, and now a visual merchandiser. DREAMS DON'T WORK UNLESS YOU DO! In this field as well, you have got to be a leader FYI or they will milk you for all you are worth.

Cons

Not getting the recognition you deserve but that also comes from taking initiative and not being afraid to have a voice. Sorry discount for as hard as employees bust their butts, but awesome starting out salary for entry level associates.

CREATE INCENTIVE and don't forget your associates are real life human beings with feelings. Seriously. Make the work place fun and exciting and enjoyable. Treat everyone the same - "the hand of one, is the hand of all". Enforce that and associates will definitely respect you more and have more reason to work hard.

fun fun fun

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Forever 21 full-time for less than a year

Pros

great pay,good people,great fashion, fun place to work!

Cons

unorganized managment, bad communication, hours were kinda all over the place,

make sure when hiring a new employee direct them towards management so they will know who to call for help.

Tolerable.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time for less than a year

Pros

There really isn't much responsibility besides keeping the store clean and organized.

Cons

When you close the store you are there much later than scheduled and the company just doesn't seem to care. Employee discount only covers tax.

Care about your employees more.

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!