Forever 21

2.4
1,518 Reviews

Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Pros
  • Its a very fast paced business so the store made money and so there was always hours (in 95 reviews)

• The company is very fashion forward, and prices are very affordable (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • 10% discount can be seen as a pro but it really doesn't do that much at the end of the day (in 92 reviews)

• Also the customer the company targets is vey unfriendly to sales associates (in 84 reviews)

More Highlights

Loved the job overwll

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was my favorite store to shop at so ofcourse I was excited to work there.

Cons

Managers talked behind your back, rude and had favorites

Treat everyone with the same amount of respect

Busy and testing at times but enjoyable too

I have been working at Forever 21

Pros

Active workplace, nice people, modern facilities, easy clothes to wear

Cons

Low employee discount, disorganised, not trusting of their employees due to stealing

Great company

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Easy job to get. Start right alway. I love the fashion and the clothes.

Cons

Cheap company to work for . Company doesn't care about it's part time workers

Never put all ur eggs in one basket

I hate to love it...

Current Employee - Accessories Specialist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Accessories Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time

Pros

Great coworkers
    Some cool managers
    First look at new merchandise
    Lifetime friends
    Flexible scheduling
    Build up a lot of experience

Cons

High expectations
    A lot of work
    Late work hours
    No benefits
    No chances to move up
    Unfair promotions

It would be nice if management actually cared about its employees. You expect so much out of them but they get no reward for busting their behinds, not even a pat in the back. Some promotions are very unfair and the people who deserve them don't even get a chance.

Good, but during the Holiday Season, it can get hectic and lead to a lot of hard days at work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people all around. Dressing nice on a daily bases and being able to assist people.

Cons

Recovering a room after a busy day, working a nightmare shift, and long hours after closing.

Allow your staff to listen to music after hours to relax and recooperat after a long day of work.

Made me hate retail

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time

Pros

They are pretty flexible with your schedule as long as you're a good employee (show up on time, don't request off too often, etc.). Also, the employee discount was nice, even though it was small. And my store managers were pleasant people to work with. Standards were not as high as other retail stores I worked at, so I did not have to worry about the clothing being folded to perfection. It was a good job to have through high school and college, and good for part-time work. There is room for improvement and raises after working there for a few months. I would definitely recommend working here if you are between jobs or looking for a job to keep for a short period of time. Everyone is pretty nice and there really is a sense of teamwork.

Cons

Customers were horribly rude to me; they called me mean things, yelled at me, fought about return policy. I understand this comes with retail jobs, but it was never this bad at other jobs I had. Disregard what the numbers say about salary. I was a sales associate and I started at $8 an hour. After working there for months, I was trained on register and preformed many of the Head Cashier duties, with no pay raise. I worked the allowed 25 hours per week for part time employees and i began to hate every minute of it. I felt unappreciated. The store was rather large and difficult to keep clean, and the managers sometimes had no patience for messy sections. Other employees did not care and I was forced to clean up their sections in order to leave in a timely manor. I was always given closing shifts and I rarely left at the specified time; we had to stay until the store looked "perfect". Also, they were extremely strict on the dress code. They were unreasonable at times, asking employees to go home and change if they were wearing a dress that did not cover down to there knees. Tattoos had to be covered at all times as well, and no dyed hair allowed. Something that also sucked was the strict 30 minute break.

great brand not so great training

I worked at Forever 21 full-time

Pros

great clothes, wonderful people and fashion forward

Cons

not a lot of training and not very organized as a company

ask for more organization from higher up.

Forever Incompetent

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with at my location became my family. I enjoyed going into work every day because of them. The fast-paced environment kept things interesting daily.

Cons

The company has a very generic separation form, meaning employees will get the same treatment whether they've worked there for a week or for a decade. Store management decides the termination status (rehirable, non-rehirable) which is permanent. HR claims they are unable to change hiring status once submitted.

Don't be so vindictive. It's a retail job.

Management was horrible because of favoritism.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most co workers were very nice, we were like family… great team work. It was very fun being of the floor.

Cons

Some of the managers and head cashiers were very nice but a couple of the head cashiers were extremely rude. I cannot even find the words to explain, some of the management was mean too. Both head cashiers and management had their favorites… that is undeniable. One of the head cashiers was so mean to me a manager pulled her in the office for 30 minutes after she repeatedly disrespected me.

Favoritism is not professional and neither is being rude to your employees. If you have a problem resolve it professionally not by bullying.

Not what I expected

I worked at Forever 21

Pros

Got to work at a place I bought most of my clothes from.

Cons

While I thought working at F21 would be a good idea, I quickly learned I was wrong. Every night we had to recover the store, which would usually take forever, making us stay hours after the store closed. We constantly had to deal with angry customers, though I'm sure any job has that. And not to mention, management could be so annoying sometimes. I somewhat enjoyed my time working there, besides all that I wrote previously, but I don't think if recommend it to a friend

Make the pay worth what we actually work. Some of is worked way harder than others but got the same salary