Forever Collectibles

2.8
Michael Lewis

Improving and Growing Company

I have been working at Forever Collectibles

Pros

I have seen a great deal of improvement in the company,especially from the owners over the last few years. The work load keeps growing, but now there are more "thank yous" being seen. The environment at the office is being much more positive and rewarding.
    There are mostly young people employed here which makes it an energetic and fast paced. You will most certainly learn a lot very fast. The company makes an uncountable number of products and recently ventured into apparel so there is even more opportunity for growth.

Cons

Projects coming up late in the day that are required to be completed.
    Under staffed.

Advice to Management

Keep letting us know we are appreciated and valued and most of us will work hard and remain dedicated.

Truly awful

Former Employee - Designer in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Designer in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles

Pros

There truly are no pros to working at this company. Everyone is miserable, and the ones who appear. It to be are too young and inexperienced to know the difference.

Cons

- zero work/life balance
    - owner is insane
    - awful compensation 40K-50k is a high salary there
    - terrible medical
    - terrible vacation/sick
    - only young inexperienced people last, since they know no different

Advice to Management

No advice, it will never change. Do not work for a family owned business.

There could not be a worse experience than what I experienced or saw others experiencing!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing good to say about Forever Collectibles. It is run by a maniac who gets in everyone's business! You do not have one free minute to yourself, whether you are on the clock or off. You get bothered during the nights, weekends, and even holidays. All in the company are trained by the owner, and his a a complete crazy person (saying it nicely)... Every employee is scared to death of the owner including all senior management. He has zero management skills and is proud when he makes people cry. Seriously. This guy gets off on it. He is not liked by the community, industry or peers, but has such a large ego that he thinks everyone loves him. I hope this is enough "pros" for this section.

Cons

I left on my own btw, This is not coming from a disgruntled employee. But do not make the same mistake everyone else has.....stay away from this company. You will not miss a thing, and you will at least keep your integrity and ego in tact. It is like a cult.....with the #1 goal of all top management is to strip you of every shred of personality, skills and life, and rebuild you into a thoughtless robot who has no say and is just as good as your last accomplishment

Advice to Management

The culture in this organization is horrendous. Stay away and do not get sucked into this horrid freak show. You go in strong and their goal is to throw you out weak so you are no good to anyone else. It is like churning out Zombies! the company could be so much stronger and larger if run properly. You will be lied to and manipulated. Advise to top management....fire them all including the CEO.

Fun place to work

I have been working at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool industry: Sports & Entertainment.

Energetic work environment. Young coworkers and an exuberant CEO make the workplace fun.

State of the art CrossFit Gym on-site. This adds to the company culture and helps build better relationships with employees. Working out with coworkers is awesome.

Medical & dental insurance, fair amount of PTO.

Opportunity to travel.

Cons

Last minute travel, weekend meetings, and long nights will pop up every now and then depending on which department you work in. The company prides itself on getting some difficult things done on short timelines, so employees are expected to react accordingly.

Love it here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Young company working in the world of sports and entertainment creates a fun work environment.
    - The company is always evolving and adapting with market trends.
    - CEO knows what he's doing and is extremely involved.
    - We have our own CrossFit gym in the back of the building (CrossFit KLEW). It's open to the public but employees get a significant discount.

Cons

-Starting salary isn't going to blow you out of the water, but you have plenty of opportunity to work your way up the pay scale.

Good first job

I worked at Forever Collectibles

Pros

You get a lot of responsibility early on and learn a decent amount. Employees tend to get along well. If you like sports it's a pretty cool company to be a part of, as the majority of the business is done with NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NCAA licensed products.

Cons

Literally 90% of the employees are straight out of college so there isn't much experience in the office except for managers who have been working at Forever Collectibles since the get go. There's little reason or incentive to stay beyond a couple years.

Rewarding Experience

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time

Pros

From the people to the products, the company's fun.
    Opportunities to travel (US, UK, China).
    The experience platformed me to land my current job, which I love.
    Pay raises are standard, Christmas bonus is nice too.

Cons

Management often gets shuffled around.
    A lot of things are done last minute, which is the nature of the business.
    Turnover can be high at times.

i feel bad for anyone who works at, has worked at, or will ever work at forever collectibles.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of your coworkers will be real cool (some terrible), since most have a common disinterest in working for forever collectibles that provides a strong bond. You could get to travel, if it is sales its all in different areas of the country, so that is ok/ enticing, other departments have to go to china. you can get some experience, but that is mainly because you have no direction and just have to figure it out as you go along. this is a plus because the next job you get will be a major improvement, the bad thing is that you have to work at forever collectibles for some time before that experience is gained.

Cons

Its not a great place. You will be overworked and underpaid. You will be expected to complete crazy demands - some of these are not even job related. You will be told you will be rewarded and there are advancement opportunities, but you wont and there arent. Reviews/raises are practically nonexistent and when they do come around, it is insulting. Your boss wont respect you and it will not be a secret, they will tell you anyone can do your job and you can be replaced with someone who will take less money. there is no work life balance, you will be expected to work late daily and on weekends.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management, because it is a joke. The reason you are in business is because america loves their sports teams and will buy any piece of crap with a logo on it, i.e everything that is made by forever collectibles. If you were making anything else you would fail, your business model is a joke, the way you treat your employees is a joke, and the people that run this company are jokes.

Fast Improving

I have been working at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at FC for nearly 2 years and have seen many changes, all for the better. About a year ago, the CEO had everyone in the company fill out a survey, anonymously, about the company and what they would like to see change/improve. Employees often complained about PTO and lack of new employee training. Both of those things were greatly improved after the survey. It's obvious the company is working to progress from within, and that's good to see as an employee. It's a young, fun environment and we work out of a beautiful new office building. I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Expected to work nights/weekends if necessary. The pay could be higher, but most of the employees are entry level and the wages are generally fair.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees and doing what's necessary to keep them happy.

During my time at Forever Collectibles I was exploited

Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you love sports.
    If you need work experience.
    If you value a young workforce.

Cons

The problems with Forever Collectibles start at the top.
    The top is inept, harshly critical, and lacks professionalism. It is full of takers. Never have I heard so much yelling, verbal abuse, and spoken slander in an office environment. It's like an abusive relationship. You want to cover your ears.

The culture runs you to the ground. Get there at 7:30AM every morning after having started emailing at 5:30AM, and “grind” through the rest of the day. Don’t expect to leave the office on some nights until 8:30PM. They work you like a slave. And they don’t appreciate it when you do. It's expected that you put in 10+ hrs/day. They treat you like their suppliers treat their factory workers in China: without care that their workers are asphyxiating from inhaling paint fumes from painting resin gnomes all-day.

Employees are treated like kindergarteners. For example, a sink was kept out of the kitchen area because we didn't take care of the one in the old office. This is shortsighted thinking. No, really, visit the cafeteria and there's no sink. You have to go to the bathroom to use a sink.

People talk about each other behind people’s backs. You become better known for your faults than for your gains. Try to bring something new and novel to the mix and it's looked down upon. Try to introduce something that's never been tried before and get lambasted for it. Have an insightful thing to say and it gets shot down. There is an imperial objective to stick with the status-quo.

The whole office environment is a heart attack waiting to happen. That’s why they call it the Thunderdome. It’s a miserable, morose, work-obsessed environment, which is why the turnover is through the roof. I would estimate of 100 or so employees that work there, there’s one person that either leaves or gets terminated every week. Put another way about 50% of the company leaves, gets terminated, and the other half stays, year after year.

Advice to Management

Overwork creates stress, more errors, and is not sustainable. Give your employees a break. We shouldn't be expected to work 60+ hrs/week for a measly starting salary without appreciation.

Don’t flaunt your wealth either. We're not the ones driving a Porsche, or a Land Rover, or a Mercedes Benz. Compensation should be more equal.

Don't treat new hires/recent grads as grunts; like we have no rights; like we can't do anything unless we've been working for the company for 3-4 years. Treat us with respect; like we have brilliant ideas to bring to the table. Care for your employees. Don't give an aura that you do care. Treat men and women equally. Get rid of the sexism. Treat women like they have a leg to stand on.

RSS Feed </> Embed