Forever Collectibles

2.9

Michael Lewis

Fun place to work

I have been working at Forever Collectibles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool industry: Sports & Entertainment.

Energetic work environment. Young coworkers and an exuberant CEO make the workplace fun.

State of the art CrossFit Gym on-site. This adds to the company culture and helps build better relationships with employees. Working out with coworkers is awesome.

Medical & dental insurance, fair amount of PTO.

Opportunity to travel.

Cons

Last minute travel, weekend meetings, and long nights will pop up every now and then depending on which department you work in. The company prides itself on getting some difficult things done on short timelines, so employees are expected to react accordingly.

You do not want to work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sports industry
    Young, although many under qualified, employees
    Casual dress code
    Crossfit gym available (at an extra cost)

Cons

Long hours, not a 8-5 place
    Weekends required on short notice
    Disrespects and harasses employees
    Management curses, yells and threatens
    No accountability for faults, blame is placed instead
    Pay is well below average
    No room for advancement
    Promotions by favoritism
    Management is incompetent due to the point above
    High turnover of employees

No advice to management, they do not care, are not accepting of change
    My advice to people who work there is to get out the grass is greener
    My advice to those who are considering working there is DON'T

Love it here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Forever Collectibles full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Young company working in the world of sports and entertainment creates a fun work environment.
    - The company is always evolving and adapting with market trends.
    - CEO knows what he's doing and is extremely involved.
    - We have our own CrossFit gym in the back of the building (CrossFit KLEW). It's open to the public but employees get a significant discount.

Cons

-Starting salary isn't going to blow you out of the water, but you have plenty of opportunity to work your way up the pay scale.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good first job

I worked at Forever Collectibles

Pros

You get a lot of responsibility early on and learn a decent amount. Employees tend to get along well. If you like sports it's a pretty cool company to be a part of, as the majority of the business is done with NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NCAA licensed products.

Cons

Literally 90% of the employees are straight out of college so there isn't much experience in the office except for managers who have been working at Forever Collectibles since the get go. There's little reason or incentive to stay beyond a couple years.

Rewarding Experience

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time

Pros

From the people to the products, the company's fun.
    Opportunities to travel (US, UK, China).
    The experience platformed me to land my current job, which I love.
    Pay raises are standard, Christmas bonus is nice too.

Cons

Management often gets shuffled around.
    A lot of things are done last minute, which is the nature of the business.
    Turnover can be high at times.

i feel bad for anyone who works at, has worked at, or will ever work at forever collectibles.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of your coworkers will be real cool (some terrible), since most have a common disinterest in working for forever collectibles that provides a strong bond. You could get to travel, if it is sales its all in different areas of the country, so that is ok/ enticing, other departments have to go to china. you can get some experience, but that is mainly because you have no direction and just have to figure it out as you go along. this is a plus because the next job you get will be a major improvement, the bad thing is that you have to work at forever collectibles for some time before that experience is gained.

Cons

Its not a great place. You will be overworked and underpaid. You will be expected to complete crazy demands - some of these are not even job related. You will be told you will be rewarded and there are advancement opportunities, but you wont and there arent. Reviews/raises are practically nonexistent and when they do come around, it is insulting. Your boss wont respect you and it will not be a secret, they will tell you anyone can do your job and you can be replaced with someone who will take less money. there is no work life balance, you will be expected to work late daily and on weekends.

I have no advice for management, because it is a joke. The reason you are in business is because america loves their sports teams and will buy any piece of crap with a logo on it, i.e everything that is made by forever collectibles. If you were making anything else you would fail, your business model is a joke, the way you treat your employees is a joke, and the people that run this company are jokes.

Fast Improving

I have been working at Forever Collectibles full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at FC for nearly 2 years and have seen many changes, all for the better. About a year ago, the CEO had everyone in the company fill out a survey, anonymously, about the company and what they would like to see change/improve. Employees often complained about PTO and lack of new employee training. Both of those things were greatly improved after the survey. It's obvious the company is working to progress from within, and that's good to see as an employee. It's a young, fun environment and we work out of a beautiful new office building. I can honestly say I enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Expected to work nights/weekends if necessary. The pay could be higher, but most of the employees are entry level and the wages are generally fair.

Continue listening to your employees and doing what's necessary to keep them happy.

I would suggest working somewhere else. This is a very unprofessional enviroment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young employees (they say it is because they want to “build careers” but honestly it is because they hire people without experience so that they can pay the ABSOLUTE minimum) This allows for some camaraderie among the lower level employees, which truly is the best thing about this place

Casual Dress Code – Jeans and sneakers are allowed

You can learn a lot quickly (within certain departments)

Travel opportunities, both domestic and international

Cons

Turnover rate is through the roof. During my time at forever collectibles, I saw dozens of people come and go. (this creates an unqualified staff, for the most part. However as mentioned earlier, this does not bother management, because they can just fill the spot with another lower paid employee. After all, everyone is “replaceable”)

Interested in sales? the commission rate is a fraction of a percent, and if you surpass your goal, they will often cut your base pay or make the commission even lower without giving notice

Are you a female or a minority? You will most likely face open discrimination from management, all the way up the ranks

You will be expected to work long hours without acknowledgment. You are reminded that office hours are from 8-5 (if you arrive 5 minutes late) BUT if you leave before 6pm, you will be questioned if you “value your job” Weekends are definitely not out of the question, and quite likely. You will be given unreasonable deadlines, often at the end of day Friday, and then told “Finish it by Monday morning, I don’t care if you are here all weekend. If it is not completed, don’t bother coming in next week” You will do warehouse work (manual labor outside of your job description) utilizing much of the time needed to complete regular tasks and then be expected to make it up on your own time. Management openly does not care about a reasonable work/life balance.

The management structure is ineffective and constantly changing. One week you will have no one managing you, the next week you could have multiple managers. Sometimes they just move a manager from one department to another. So they will suddenly be managing a department in which they have no previous experience or knowledge of in general. I use the term “managing” very loosely. Management strategies include: Pointing fingers, placing blame and yelling/cursing as loud as possible. Instead of figuring out what went wrong and how to solve an issue, they instead would rather pin the problem to someone and scream at them. There have been multiple instances when a manager gives a direct order to one of their subordinates, then down the road there is an issue where that task should have been handled differently. Instead of taking the blame by the manager themselves, they simply assign blame to the person who they told to perform the task, ultimately firing them for doing only as they were told.

Overall this is an extremely unprofessional work environment. You will be yelled and cursed at (the expletives are more common than constructive content) and the higher up the person is in the management level, the worse the cursing and screaming is. It is a company run through nepotism and favoritism and I highly suggest considering alternate employment.

The completely “positive” reviews listed on this website are most likely written by the companies HR personnel.

As others have mentioned, any advice would "fall on deaf ears" Regardless, I would suggest a complete overhaul. Your upper management is ineffective, and some are completely incompetant. Just because someone has worked there for a number of years or have a close relationship does not make them suitable for a management position.

The overall employee moral is non existant it is so low. I know a number of people who are actively seeking other employment. Take care of the people who actually do the work now, you will realize how much they really do once they are gone.

During my time at Forever Collectibles I was exploited

Former Employee - Sales Analyst  in  Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Analyst in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you love sports.
    If you need work experience.
    If you value a young workforce.

Cons

The problems with Forever Collectibles start at the top.
    The top is inept, harshly critical, and lacks professionalism. It is full of takers. Never have I heard so much yelling, verbal abuse, and spoken slander in an office environment. It's like an abusive relationship. You want to cover your ears.

The culture runs you to the ground. Get there at 7:30AM every morning after having started emailing at 5:30AM, and “grind” through the rest of the day. Don’t expect to leave the office on some nights until 8:30PM. They work you like a slave. And they don’t appreciate it when you do. It's expected that you put in 10+ hrs/day. They treat you like their suppliers treat their factory workers in China: without care that their workers are asphyxiating from inhaling paint fumes from painting resin gnomes all-day.

Employees are treated like kindergarteners. For example, a sink was kept out of the kitchen area because we didn't take care of the one in the old office. This is shortsighted thinking. No, really, visit the cafeteria and there's no sink. You have to go to the bathroom to use a sink.

People talk about each other behind people’s backs. You become better known for your faults than for your gains. Try to bring something new and novel to the mix and it's looked down upon. Try to introduce something that's never been tried before and get lambasted for it. Have an insightful thing to say and it gets shot down. There is an imperial objective to stick with the status-quo.

The whole office environment is a heart attack waiting to happen. That’s why they call it the Thunderdome. It’s a miserable, morose, work-obsessed environment, which is why the turnover is through the roof. I would estimate of 100 or so employees that work there, there’s one person that either leaves or gets terminated every week. Put another way about 50% of the company leaves, gets terminated, and the other half stays, year after year.

Overwork creates stress, more errors, and is not sustainable. Give your employees a break. We shouldn't be expected to work 60+ hrs/week for a measly starting salary without appreciation.

Don’t flaunt your wealth either. We're not the ones driving a Porsche, or a Land Rover, or a Mercedes Benz. Compensation should be more equal.

Don't treat new hires/recent grads as grunts; like we have no rights; like we can't do anything unless we've been working for the company for 3-4 years. Treat us with respect; like we have brilliant ideas to bring to the table. Care for your employees. Don't give an aura that you do care. Treat men and women equally. Get rid of the sexism. Treat women like they have a leg to stand on.

A great place to start a career

I worked at Forever Collectibles

Pros

work very closely with your peers - team atmosphere
    hiring a lot of new people

Cons

extremely fast paced environment. sometimes you are expected to get enough work done for the week in one day.

hire more mid-level management to take some of the burden off senior management.

Worked for Forever Collectibles? Contribute to the Community!