Forever New

Updated May 20, 2014
Updated May 20, 2014

3.1

CEO

Fun environment to work in, but culture largely depends on your management

Current Employee - Retail Associate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Retail Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

Pros

Flexible hours for part timers, free uniform every month, market-rate pay, generous staff discount

Cons

Poor management of workers leads to some 'last min calls/cancellation' of work, have to buy min 3 accessories (which you are not compensated for)

Accessories Production Assistant

Former Employee - Production Assistant  in  Kew, Victoria (Australia)
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in Kew, Victoria (Australia)

Pros

The products were nice to work with since I'm in the target market.

Cons

Very poor culture and toxic environment. Middle management would gossip about employees. There was a huge turnover rate with 30% of employees leaving within 12 months. Nobody took their breaks and everyone worked over time, which was considered normal. Employees would brag about staying over time even though there were no benefits. The pay was atrocious, they would hire a lot of people from the UK to pay them less as they could help with visa application. Absolutely DO NOT work here. I never heard one person say that they enjoyed working in head office, only tolerated it.

PLEASE fix the culture!! Stop the gossiping and allow staff to take FULL 1 hour breaks they are entitled to! There should be team building activities and training structures in place. This is such a disorganised place to work for, my team didn't even know when my contract finished, called me to extend the contract and then once I arrived was told to go home as HR didn't sign off the extension. Head office is an absolute joke, I'm telling anyone I can about how negative of an experience it is.

Many illegal work restrictions and requests

Former Employee - Retail Assistant  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Melbourne (Australia)

Pros

The clothes are mostly good quality.

Cons

Not paying overtime work and mandatory current season product purchases for uniform without staff allowance are the biggest problems, but work politics is worse with many work opportunities go unnoticed for those who deserve it. Almost every girl has an opportunity to sue this company for unfair work practices, but many are too young and naive to know their rights, or do not have enough evidence.

Learn from your mistakes, your staff turnover should signal that the company is not doing well.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it was the most exciting days of my life....

Former Employee - Fashion Consultant  in  Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Fashion Consultant in Delhi (India)

Pros

you can be transform within a week

Cons

we do faces lotsa ups n downs :(

Exposure and great learning

Current Employee - Senior Planner  in  New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Planner in New Delhi (India)

Pros

Friendly Environment and On job training

Cons

Sometimes employee have to work besides your department

To undertake workshops

Working at Forever New

Current Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Brisbane (Australia)

Pros

Forever New is one of the few fashion stores that is dedicated in bringing people of all demographics fashion pieces that are affordable, quality and "in" style. Forever New is great if you are a University student as their casual pay rate is very generous and they have special rates for both saturday and sunday. Generally it is no problem to get time off if you give the required time notice.

Cons

There is very unstable management. I have worked at my store for almost 2 years and in that time we have had 4 managers. We have had 4 assistant managers and ALOT of our casual staff has turned over.
    There is also alot of bitching that goes on , as I would expect at alot of retail stores. They are also sometimes not very understanding when you get called up to work last minute and you can't

Put your management on leadership courses to get their act together. Put together some sort of protocol by which managers act to set an example to the rest of the staff.

Worked for Forever New? Contribute to the Community!