Forever Resorts

www.foreverresorts.com

Forever Resorts Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014
Forever Resorts – North Rim – “The World's best "Break Room"”

Rex G. Maughan

Like family- Forever Resorts Reservations

Houseboat Reservations (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsI absolutely love working here. Yes it is a call center environment, but all of my coworkers are so kind and caring. The management is fantastic and always there to hear any concerns. The company takes care of all the employees.

ConsThe only thing I would change would be to have multiple days off in a row.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more of a relationship with the employees

Another One Bites The Dust

Housekeeper (Former Employee) Temple Bar Marina, AZ

ProsEmployee food comes from the restaurant at this remote location on Lake Mead at Temple Bar Marina. Depends upon what cook prepares your meal. Housing is decent for this kind of location too.

ConsNepotism is rampant at this location so if you are not on their list just grin and bare it or remove yourself from this location altogether. Nepotism - "The practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends".. With a complacent company such as, Forever Resorts, it makes sense this will continue to happen. They even recently hired an ex-con who was in prison for numerous years.......well I guess some companies will hire anyone for minimum wage.
    Corporate HR was contacted with no follow up what so ever and then I found out that the HR in Scottsdale (Corporate) are just as complacent.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to offer here eventually people will not work at these properties

One of the worst experiences of my working life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe on-site resort staff was generally a good group of people, the resorts were generally well-maintained and equipped.

ConsThe corporate culture was dismissive and generally rude to the resort staff. It was made clear that we were replaceable and that we were to work and not complain about anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the corporate folks work for a month at the resort level so they know what the staff actually deals with. It would do the corporate culture a world of good.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awful Place to Work

Motel Employee (Former Employee) Temple Bar Marina, AZ

ProsDecent food if the cook knows what they are doing otherwise a dead loss.

ConsWay too many to list I will be here all day writing out an entire book of issues one after the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis place is losing money, management does not care so the owners must not care this is a shame.

Call center atmosphere.

Houseboat Reservations (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsDecent pay and bonuses. Good job if you are having a hard time finding something.

ConsCall center, lots of rule to remember, mandatory weekends, short break time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like adults, less micromanaging.

Horrible. Political. Shortstaffed. Disorganized. Forbids Us to Post Online About the Company.

Server Assistant (Former Employee) North Rim, AZ

ProsThe North Rim! It's Breathtaking. It's Beautiful.

ConsJust tons of BS to deal with with this company. Attempts to deprive us of our right to free Speech. Unwilling to hire enough staff. High burnout. Very political. Horrible company. Glad to be done and will never work with them again. They are good for getting on unemployment and for nothing else.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue! Ever wonder why there are so many complaints at the North Rim? Don't act like things are OK - they are not. You'all need to lose your jobs and let new blood in. Good riddance and scram! Get lost!

Overall a good company

Server (Former Employee) Big Bend National Park, TX

ProsGreat experience working in Big Bend National Park. Management sincerely cared for employee's. Great co-workers, fair cost of housing and food. Health insurance is available to everyone after six months of employment.

ConsWorking at a concessionaire in the National Park usually means lower wages. There was quite a bit of unwanted gossip among employee's,

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to discourage gossiping among employee's. Higher wages despite the privilege of working in a national park.

Wonderful experience, nice environment and friendly colleagues.

Host (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWell paid and nice working environment.

ConsLong distance from big city.

Good management and working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsForever resorts hires some of the best employees. My work environment was like family. I worked at one of their resort locations. Management is good.

ConsPay is low but average for the industry.

I had a good time

Server (Former Employee) Big Bend National Park, TX

ProsWhen arriving for a seasonal job in Texas, management made me feel welcomed and at home. I made pretty good money while waiting tables. I liked a lot of my co-workers. The employee provided food was good and the housing arrangement was fairly nice, especially having satellite tv.

ConsYou do not get paid very much working for the concessionaires in the national parks unless you make tips. Ten table sections at dinner that would fill up were too much for one server.

Advice to Senior ManagementBy assigning servers approx. five table sections would be more reasonable or have a server assistant. It would be nice to have an option of having your own room instead of having to have a roommate for a nominal fee.

Worked for Forever Resorts? Contribute to the Community!