Formtech Industries

Updated November 3, 2014
3.2

George Thanopoulos
1 Rating

Wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Fraser, MI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Fraser, MI

I have been working at Formtech Industries full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Very easy work. Wonderful supervisors, especially the second shift supervisor. I feel lucky to have found this job, I've worked there for about a year and I love my job. And also the company is growing so fast, I'm glad that I got hired when I did.

Cons

Not many, but of course everywhere needs improvement in some areas. I feel one area that needs improvement is communication. And most salary workers ignore any suggestions made by the hourly workforce. The union here is a real joke, especially the chief steward (what a moron).

Miserable people to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI

I have been working at Formtech Industries

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, and co-workers

Cons

The Fraser plant says one thing to upper management but does another. They do not care about the safety of their employees nor quality products. Only how many parts they get out the door.

Take a closer look at what you are doing to the people that have been loyal and dependable. Treat your employees with respect and you will have a much better workforce. You have people running your plant into the ground!

Boring

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI

I worked at Formtech Industries

Pros

The pay was not terrible and it being a union shop had its perks as well. There was not much pro beyond that.

Cons

Too many to list them all. Incompetent management mostly.
    They would set up a machine cell and have it so un-ergonomically it was just silly. Then they would ask why the production was so low on the cell. Gee, maybe because there is a mile of extra walking I have to do in order to finish the part because you placed the machines in such a terrible way.

Just give up. They ran the company into the ground. About 75% of the workforce was laid off two years ago and they still haven't recovered even 15 % of those jobs.

Ok

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Formtech Industries

Pros

The employees there are great. Everyone works their tale off, and the management is mostly pretty understand of what is going on

Cons

Everyone is stressed out because there is so much work to do but not enough time. People are continually let go and the work just builds and builds.

Try not to micro manage. It is very hard to work for someone that your afraid that is out to get you