Formulated Solutions

Updated March 7, 2015
7 reviews filtered by
3.2
Eric Dann

1. Fast growing facility with great people!

I have been working at Formulated Solutions

Pros

The paid time off and insurance benefits are great. I feel like there is room for growth. The employees are very friendly and it is like a second family. Since it is rapidly growing, everyone wears many hats, which yields exposure to duties that you might not get elsewhere. I feel like the work that I do makes a difference.

Cons

The rapid growth has presented new opportunities to learn and I'm glad that I work for such a state of the art company, however there will always be new challenges in any growing company.

2. A growing manufacturing facility that's on the way to becoming pharmaceutical grade, aerosol, and bag on valve products

Current Employee - Supervisor in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Largo, FL

I have been working at Formulated Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are single the health insurance is paid thru the company. On being hired you get two weeks paid vacation depending on when you where hired. pro rated for the year. In 5 years you have accumulated one day shy of 4 weeks. Thanksgiving and Christmas you average 2 and a half paid days off. Sometimes more. Lots of perks like a Christmas party every year and a 100 dollar publix gift card for thanksgiving holiday.

Cons

Unless you are in skilled trades it's harder to climb the pay scale. They have flex force which is part time employment. Many pockets of poor leadership and lack of accountability on management level. Changes on management level makes staying with the company less desirable.

3. A futile attempt of being productive.

I worked at Formulated Solutions full-time

Pros

Nice offices and a free gym

Cons

Most inefficient manufacturing plant I've ever worked in. Executive leadership is consistently inconsistent. Financially rocky, no raises, no profit sharing, no 401K match but they do have lots of nepotism and turnover.

Advice to Management

Listen to advise from employees

5. The importance of good communication is a core fundamental of better management.

Former Contractor - Quality in Largo, FL
    Former Contractor - Quality in Largo, FL

I worked at Formulated Solutions as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

This is a private family owned business which celebrates important holidays and events in traditional family venues.

Cons

Upper management has established employee fears of lay offs and firings from the last two years. Management fails to communicate customer commitments. Upper management fails to involves its teams in the planning, organizing, staffing, acquisition of equipment, and directing to successfully achieve the client commitments. Upper management fails to retains talented people to sustain innovation and creativity. Talented people are left with no direction leading to failures. Upper management has a silo mentality, and managers are preoccupied with sucking up to the owners.

Advice to Management

Involve teams in the planning and customer commitments, acquire the adequate staffing, dissipate lay off or firing fears, establish work and family personal time balance. Buy innovative and new equipment which will lead you to future business success. Separate the manufacturing commitments from quality objectives.

6. One of the most progressive and fastest growing companies I have ever been associated.

Current Employee - Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Formulated Solutions

Pros

Fantastic vision and direction. Still maintains a family culture. Innovation and excitement is part of the job at every level

Cons

There were times were it seemed that the company was understaffed. Lots of people working lots of hours.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and innovate. Hopefully the amount of resources you hire in will catch up with the opportunities available to the company.

7. Estimator

Current Employee - Estimator in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - Estimator in Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Formulated Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Formula Interiors has a great working system, and IT system structure

Cons

There is no downside for me to comment, it's great team, great environment to work, very flexible and relaxed.

Advice to Management

Management is good, seniors are helping of junior / new staff.

8. Legacy QA staff members constant pessimism, bickering and passing the responsibility buck

I have been working at Formulated Solutions

Pros

Family atmosphere. Many company activities throughout the year.

Cons

No privacy, no work life balance (well, maybe for the ones who pass the buck)

Advice to Management

Shake up your QA department. The "Quality" coming out of that group is substandard.