Formulated Solutions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Eric Dann

A growing manufacturing facility that's on the way to becoming pharmaceutical grade, aerosol, and bag on valve products

Supervisor (Current Employee) Largo, FL

ProsIf you are single the health insurance is paid thru the company. On being hired you get two weeks paid vacation depending on when you where hired. pro rated for the year. In 5 years you have accumulated one day shy of 4 weeks. Thanksgiving and Christmas you average 2 and a half paid days off. Sometimes more. Lots of perks like a Christmas party every year and a 100 dollar publix gift card for thanksgiving holiday.

ConsUnless you are in skilled trades it's harder to climb the pay scale. They have flex force which is part time employment. Many pockets of poor leadership and lack of accountability on management level. Changes on management level makes staying with the company less desirable.

A futile attempt of being productive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice offices and a free gym

ConsMost inefficient manufacturing plant I've ever worked in. Executive leadership is consistently inconsistent. Financially rocky, no raises, no profit sharing, no 401K match but they do have lots of nepotism and turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to advise from employees

The importance of good communication is a core fundamental of better management.

Quality (Former Employee) Largo, FL

ProsThis is a private family owned business which celebrates important holidays and events in traditional family venues.

ConsUpper management has established employee fears of lay offs and firings from the last two years. Management fails to communicate customer commitments. Upper management fails to involves its teams in the planning, organizing, staffing, acquisition of equipment, and directing to successfully achieve the client commitments. Upper management fails to retains talented people to sustain innovation and creativity. Talented people are left with no direction leading to failures. Upper management has a silo mentality, and managers are preoccupied with sucking up to the owners.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve teams in the planning and customer commitments, acquire the adequate staffing, dissipate lay off or firing fears, establish work and family personal time balance. Buy innovative and new equipment which will lead you to future business success. Separate the manufacturing commitments from quality objectives.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the most progressive and fastest growing companies I have ever been associated.

Manager (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsFantastic vision and direction. Still maintains a family culture. Innovation and excitement is part of the job at every level

ConsThere were times were it seemed that the company was understaffed. Lots of people working lots of hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and innovate. Hopefully the amount of resources you hire in will catch up with the opportunities available to the company.

Legacy QA staff members constant pessimism, bickering and passing the responsibility buck

ProsFamily atmosphere. Many company activities throughout the year.

ConsNo privacy, no work life balance (well, maybe for the ones who pass the buck)

Advice to Senior ManagementShake up your QA department. The "Quality" coming out of that group is substandard.

Worked for Formulated Solutions? Contribute to the Community!