Forrest Solutions Staffing

Updated January 7, 2015
Updated January 7, 2015
2.4

Steve Forrest

Stacey Garacia--what a wonderful agent and lady

Current Employee - Temp in New York, NY

I have been working at Forrest Solutions Staffing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Stacey is the best there is! She will work with you and make sure that you're never worried about finding a job again! Whether it was one long job or a bunch of short temp jobs, she was emailing and calling me letting me know about every one of them. At the beginning of the Summer, I was nervous about not starting my nanny job until September. I was having trouble finding a part-time job for just a couple of months. However, Stacey has made sure I am taken care of until then and I'm very happy. She also cares not only about you as a client, but you as a person. I was dealing with personal issues for awhile and she was constantly checking up on me to make sure I was doing okay. You won't regret working with her! :)

Cons

I haven't had any issues whatsoever.

Bate and switch

Current Employee - Experience Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Experience Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Forrest Solutions Staffing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Office, great location.

Cons

Shady business practices and what they sell you must be done their way. You loose your ability to excel if you don't drink tha Kool Aid.

Why talk about family if you want to keep everyone with a brain on the outside

Smoke and Mirrors

I worked at Forrest Solutions Staffing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clean Office Space. great roster of clients

Cons

You must drink the proverbial kool-aid if you want to advance. didn't receive a raise or review in almost 4 years with this company!!!

I get the concept that you are selling but it's unfair to those that go to battle for you everyday

Horrible company full of sneaky manipulative backstabbing people.

I have been working at Forrest Solutions Staffing

Pros

You will learn how low you are willing to stoop for a check. You will learn how much negativity, browbeating and borderline inhumane treatment you are willing to take. You will know your limitations after you leave this company. If you work here because you want to achieve a specific goal then eyes on the prize, you may make it out without PTSD.

Cons

Everything even the support beams in office. Almost everyone in the company from upper management on down is only concerned with themselves. The company culture isn't family. It is how can I eat the next person alive today. Everyone is so concerned with survival. These people will eat their own young if necessary to stay in the favor of management/ ownership. Management whose mood swings would make Sybil jealous. There is no way to be correct because that would require dealing with mentally stable individuals. Personal growth and development is lacking unless you are willing to compromise your integrity by kneeling before the altar of a false idol. Management can't assist you in personal growth because they lack the basic skills necessary to perform their functions. They are there because of looks or nepotism. Benefits are few and far between. You make receive a bonus in your compensation plan but, you will have to beg for it. And then be treated like a subway bum when it is handed to you. You may also have your salary decreased because of a whim. No warning. No wrongdoing on your part. Just because it can be done. And as for perks. Someone might take a liking to you and kiss you on the mouth occasionally. Men and women can be kissed by the same gentleman. There is no work/life balance. You could be at a parent's funeral and you will be reamed for not responding to an email timely.

Advice is for people who are willing to take constructive criticism and change.

Awful

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Forrest Solutions Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The location was great. Right in midtown New York City. If you live in the NY/NJ area close to NYC its an easy commute.

Cons

The firm is filled with backstabbers, everyone was out for themselves, no team focus. There very high turnover, someone recruiters lasted 2 days. The company environment was the stereotypical boiler room mentality. The company culture was awful and upper management was phoney.

Get off your high horse!!!

Very helpful

Current Employee - IP Records Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IP Records Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at Forrest Solutions Staffing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Finding people jobs and training more people

Cons

Company growing fast and need more people to assist

Take the time to listen to staff and help resolve any problems

Seems promising at first but will be a disappointment

I worked at Forrest Solutions Staffing as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The temp assignments can be interesting, depending on your skills. At the same time, they offer few positions that have the potential to be hired by a company.

Cons

FSS can get you jobs but they're looking out for their own interest. They're in the business of filling seats for temp work, and will only do so much on your behalf.

Awful place to work

I worked at Forrest Solutions Staffing

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Too many to list so I'll touch on a few below

None as they won't take any advice from anyone not drinking the kool aid. The success this company has had in winning accounts is all smoke and mirrors. They "promise" potential clients the world and once they sign on, it's all down hill. They promise employees a certain amount of money to begin working at a new site, then the day before they are due to start advise them that it's not what they would earn because the client doesn't want to pay that. In fact the client has already paid and signed a contract to cover employee salaries and management pockets what rightfully belongs to the employees. Crappy way to do business management. I'm a former employee who doesn't have any ax to grind as I never wanted to work for these guys anyway (I was taken in as a "legacy" employee) and left on my own with glowing reviews. I'm writing this review because there are good people with families that I have met who work at FSO and who deserve better than getting paid $10 an hour (sometimes less..yes that's not a typo as that's what they offer and make you think they are doing you a favor) and have to pay $600 a month on crappy insurance.

Very Unorganized.

Current Employee - Temp in New York, NY

I have been working at Forrest Solutions Staffing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

FSS was very helpful at first in helping me get some work and getting established in the city. Treated my very nice. Does provide opportunities for full time work. Very focused in getting short term temporary assignments. Helped through some times where money was very tight.

Cons

It is kind of the life of a temp but you may get a call or email the night before or day of asking you to be at an event in hours, However when you try to contact them needing something, if you aren't the number one temp on their radar it may take weeks to hear back from them. If you are new to the agency you may not hear from them at all. Very unorganized. Very last minute on temporary assignments. Most times does not know much actual assignment they are sending you on. Does not seem to know their own policies.

team lead

I worked at Forrest Solutions Staffing full-time

Pros

very good company to work

Cons

I miss working for them

Forrest Solutions Staffing Photos