Forrester Research

Forrester Research Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony

George F. Colony

115 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great research company

Data Operations (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

Prosgood working environment. flexible schedule.

Consthe company is constantly changing and the organization is very complex and takes quite some time to understand different teams and their responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great people, culture and learning opportunities

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

ProsIncredibly smart people with personality! Work/life balance and emphasis on health is amazing. Everyone has a common goal and collaboration is huge. A pretty flat organization where innovation is encouraged.

ConsPay is on the lower side, but work/life balance and culture make up for it.

Great company, great opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

ProsTraining is in-depth, opportunities to learn and grow abound. Time-off policy was pretty flexible and fairly unofficial when I was there. Casual dress code was nice, open seating is great for working with team mates. Great benefits, employee stock purchase and 401K match, compensation felt reasonable.

ConsI really had great opportunities with the company, so I don't have cons to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf possible, try to clarify career tracks and make available better resources for internal employees who may want to switch tracks. If someone goes to business school and decides they want to switch to a new department, help them figure out how to transition or present opportunities that incentivize people to pursue further education (beyond the tuition reimbursement program).

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, but needs a new CEO

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

ProsReally smart people and has a great place in the market. If you love learning a lot about different industries/technologies you will love being an analyst here.

ConsThey should never have gone public. The quarterly pressure is having a bad impact on the teams.

Since the CEO (aka founder) owns the majority of the stock, he ultimately makes all decisions with very little oversight. If you can live with this, you will have a great time. But just understand that it is George's company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about bringing in some grey bearded folks from outside.

Quality People, Interesting Work, Low Pay

Senior Research Associate (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

ProsI have mentors that are invested in my professional growth and development. I am a respected member of my team, and my voice is listened to despite my junior title. The people are just fantastic to work with, and I've made some great friends along the way.

ConsThe job and people are demanding, and the salary doesn't match what they expect from you.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is proud of the fact that Forrester is a "people company," but they have been limiting benefits, and they haven't raised the starting salaries in over a decade. If they don't start showing that they value their people, the good people won't stick around. They're on thin ice.

Great place to build a career!

Cambridge, MA

ProsForrester is a great place for truly motivated high-performers to excel in their careers. It is a company that truly embraces the concept that ideas compete and people collaborate. This is a place where you will work with very smart people who are passionate about helping our clients solve meaningful business challenges, whether in sales research or corporate.

ConsAs the company matures it is losing some of its entrepreneurial culture and artistry.

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of change can be tough for some types of people to absorb. Those who can't be successful with some ambiguity and constant change will find it tough to advance in their careers--and so shouldn't be hired in the first place.

Great experience

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

ProsThere's no better place/industry to be on top of everything going on in tech. As an analyst, you have the opportunity to connect with the best in the industry.

ConsCompany's strategy and direction changes every 6 months, and not everyone is always on board. That's when churn happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees for feedback on direction, especially since analysts are in the industry and know the direction it's going in.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Cambridge, MA

ProsThe culture is entirely unique. There is so much goodness here and there is active work going on to bring that to light. The Executive Team is highly visible and approachable. You are set up for success here -- Forrester wants you to succeed.

ConsForrester is a company that implements change across the business often. This has a tendency to throw off some individuals.

Requires high intelligence, a work-hard/play-hard culture, endless room for learning, promotion and $$$.

Account Development Manager (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

Pros-Some of the most intelligent people you'll meet work here, yet they're still friendly and easy-going.
    -Executives are VERY accessible. CEO, CMO, CSO, CFO, etc. interact with people all the time, remember you by name.
    -Want to talk to top-level executives at major global companies? You will, and it's exhilarating.
    -Solid pay and great opportunity for growth and promotion.
    -Cambridge office is state of the art - brand new, lots of natural light, free coffee/espresso, ping-pong, foosball, full band setup provided (guitar, bass, drums, piano).
    -Literally everyone you run into is smiling and loves to be here, even during times of stress.
    -Working from home is always an option - very sensitive to personal needs, especially for commuters.
    -If you're a bright, innovative person, you'll fit in great.

Cons-Get ready to work - not necessarily a real 'con,' but this is not a company where you can coast.
    -Very long learning curve - again, not exactly a 'con,' but the training can seem endless at times. The Forrester ecosystem requires it.
    -Change happens a lot - company messaging, vision, mission, values constantly changing, but with positive, forward-thinking intentions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being as transparent as you currently are! You've created an outstanding culture.

Great place to build a career

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

ProsWorking with extremely smart people and very flexible work environment. Great benefits, 401K matching and located on the T near Alewife.

ConsConstant changes aren't for everyone, need to be willing to frequently adjust when these happen. Even though the office is on the T, many people long for the days when the office used to be in Kendall Square.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get better at communicating out changes, but overall a pleasure to work for.

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!

Forrester Research Videos

Forrester Research – Why Work for Us?

A global research and advisory firm, Forrester Research (Nasdaq: FORR) serves professionals in 13 key roles across three distinct client segments. Our clients face progressively complex business and technology decisions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forrester Research reviews and ratings in Cambridge, MA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Forrester Research CEO George F. Colony. All 115 reviews posted anonymously by Forrester Research employees.