Forrester Research

Forrester Research Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Forrester Research Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony

George F. Colony

Pros
  • The work-life balance at Forrester is really refreshing and strongly encouraged(in 31 reviews)

• Really smart people and has a great place in the market(in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is on the lower side, but work/life balance and culture make up for it(in 12 reviews)

• There is a hesitence to speak the truth to senior management(in 15 reviews)

It will change your life...for the better.

Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsWork/life balance, incredible benefits, opportunity to work with brilliant minds and educated professionals, entrepreneurial culture, you get to work with influential business leaders in both IT and marketing, it improves business acumen, sharpens selling tool-sets, get to be on the cutting edge of business technology.

ConsLow end of compensation for the industry, not many opportunities for growth/advancement/management. takes a one-size-fits all approach to products, too many layers of superfluous mid-management, training leaves much to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work with how you regard your clients and employees, but get rid of the dead weight!

Great research company

Data Operations (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

Prosgood working environment. flexible schedule.

Consthe company is constantly changing and the organization is very complex and takes quite some time to understand different teams and their responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great people, culture and learning opportunities

Recruiter (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsIncredibly smart people with personality! Work/life balance and emphasis on health is amazing. Everyone has a common goal and collaboration is huge. A pretty flat organization where innovation is encouraged.

ConsPay is on the lower side, but work/life balance and culture make up for it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsTraining is in-depth, opportunities to learn and grow abound. Time-off policy was pretty flexible and fairly unofficial when I was there. Casual dress code was nice, open seating is great for working with team mates. Great benefits, employee stock purchase and 401K match, compensation felt reasonable.

ConsI really had great opportunities with the company, so I don't have cons to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf possible, try to clarify career tracks and make available better resources for internal employees who may want to switch tracks. If someone goes to business school and decides they want to switch to a new department, help them figure out how to transition or present opportunities that incentivize people to pursue further education (beyond the tuition reimbursement program).

Great young company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshard working young workers, social, friendly work environment, great CEO

Conslot of change in management

Great place to build a career!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsForrester is a great place for truly motivated high-performers to excel in their careers. It is a company that truly embraces the concept that ideas compete and people collaborate. This is a place where you will work with very smart people who are passionate about helping our clients solve meaningful business challenges, whether in sales research or corporate.

ConsAs the company matures it is losing some of its entrepreneurial culture and artistry.

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of change can be tough for some types of people to absorb. Those who can't be successful with some ambiguity and constant change will find it tough to advance in their careers--and so shouldn't be hired in the first place.

Great place to work and learn

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWhat you are able to learn, the exposure to organizations of all types, sizes, industries etc. Forrester is a great place to crash course you in business acumen in the tech world.

ConsYou need to learn how to navigate the ecosystem, and play the game. Nothing new to see here, you'll find this anywhere you go.

Almost constant change, sometimes frustrating to deal with all the moving parts and how it affects they way you run your business

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it simple.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsThe culture is entirely unique. There is so much goodness here and there is active work going on to bring that to light. The Executive Team is highly visible and approachable. You are set up for success here -- Forrester wants you to succeed.

ConsForrester is a company that implements change across the business often. This has a tendency to throw off some individuals.

Great place to build a career

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsWorking with extremely smart people and very flexible work environment. Great benefits, 401K matching and located on the T near Alewife.

ConsConstant changes aren't for everyone, need to be willing to frequently adjust when these happen. Even though the office is on the T, many people long for the days when the office used to be in Kendall Square.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get better at communicating out changes, but overall a pleasure to work for.

Great company with a lot to look forward to

Sales Development Specialist (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsGreat environment, competitive, good base pay, leadership, sharing of best practices, structured, adaptive to change, proactive, good benefits/401k match,

Some of the other reviews mention that Forrester changes too much, but I see it as being proactive to adapt to the forever changing market.I wouldn't even call it change, instead I'd call it improvement. Forrester eat's it's own dog food by having the ability to disrupt the business to create the best customer experience.

A friendly, hard working office environment with great energy which keeps the office from being dull. If you know how to leverage your networking skills and how to access all the marketing tools, you will be successful.

ConsNothing I can think of...cafeteria could be better I Suppose. There's not a whole lot of restaurants around to go out for lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll mangers are different. Some are more involved and others let you go as long as you get results. I have no problem with this because these managers hire the people they believe will work with their system. Understanding what your employees are doing exactly is something I recommend because they can adjust the small things in order to increase productivity.

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!