Forsythe Technology

Updated February 16, 2015
3.3

Forsythe Technology President and CEO Bill Brennan
Bill Brennan

Pros
  • Employee owned company with vesting after 6 years I think (in 15 reviews)

• Very good work life balance, if you can say no; opportunity-rich; smart people; unique business model (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • This department has no work/life balance, though the company promotes a 37 (in 6 reviews)

• Evolving business model that isn't completely integrated (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great employee owned and driven company - good opportunity to help a growing culture.

Former Employee - IT Management in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - IT Management in Skokie, IL

I worked at Forsythe Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Teamwork was the strongest core value at this company. Compensation was fair and often higher for comparable positions in this region. Ample opportunities to access internal training resources as well as external training options. Leadership provided clear cascaded goal setting and very open with it's employees about quarterly financial results. Greatest pro is that this is an ESOP company.

Cons

The entire compay (particularly IT and Sales teams) work long hours especially during peak times of year and holidays. For seven years, I worked every New Years Eve with no consideration to work/life balance. Additionally as a Manager I was underutilized by my Director. Culture is top down communication style. More skip levels and team feeback would be helpful to improve overall culture.

Focus on upgrading and integrating stronger HR policies and practices to improve the overall culture (including people of color and women in upper management and acceptance of diversity). Your competitors are much further ahead on establishing these policies while protecting their employees. It was my experience that slow progress was being made while I worked there, but faster and firmer efforts must be made if you are to keep up in this industry and your competitiors. Also focus on work-life balance. A happy workforce is willing to go the extra mile for you.

Career Review

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Skokie, IL

I have been working at Forsythe Technology

Pros

The company is Customer focused.

Cons

The companies resource allocation was spread thin.

Communicate goals.

Trying to redefine itself

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Forsythe Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule (home office when not traveling), travel demands can be sudden, management tries hard not to keep you on the road more than 2 weeks a month when traveling, lots and lots of very smart people. $100M consultancy practice.

Cons

Product sales are a higher priority than building the services practice, and that's killing them. Limits on compensation for consultants and engineers, but not for sales. Remote office employees are frequently ignored.

Better compensation for the consultants, more focus on services work NOT tied to product sales, get sales people who can sell services. No career track planning, not easy to move around.

Competitive Compensation, Flexible Work Arrangements, Questionable Direction

I have been working at Forsythe Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Forsythe pays competitively and offers nice flexibility and work/life balance.

Cons

Many information silos, lack of growth opportunities for core support roles, disconnect between client-facing and core support.

Take a close look at how you want core support employees to support the business and empower them to do so. Use your master consultants to overhaul our internal enterprise architecture. We are a classic case of the cobbler's children having no shoes. While the payoff may not be immediate, the increased efficiency would save costs and effort in the long run. This is our business. You know it's true.

This could be a good organization, but lacks real management talent.

I worked at Forsythe Technology

Pros

Strong technical team created some value to customers.

Cons

Top heavy with weak management.

Great company overall, but Dallas office in trouble

Current Employee - N/A in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - N/A in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Forsythe Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Locally in Dallas great people except for leadership, has a good, can-do culture, local team was creative technically and delivered great solutions. It was a group anyone would be proud to work with.

Cons

The local management was dishonest and self-serving, drove many of the good people away, It's sad to see all the talent lost, and customers didn't like or trust the managers or want them to come to meetings.

Be real careful managers in remote office match the company values like integrity, honesty and doing the right thing. As an employee owned company these wrong choices hurt everybody.

Great Company. Great opportunities

I worked at Forsythe Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic understanding of the marketplace and a constant drive for excellence. Forsythe wants to be leaders in the marketplace and does whatever it can to advance itself

Cons

Demanding work/life balance. With so many competitors in the marketplace there is a constant drive to do better, work harder, etc.

Not a place to work if you are a woman and want to advance professionally

I worked at Forsythe Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good value proposition, good technical teams, some really smart people.

Cons

Men are rewarded by their friends and women are rarely able to progress professionally in any department no matter how smart or competent they are.

Get women and minorities in leadership positions--Forsythe will be more successful.

Worthwhile employer for the right people

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Forsythe Technology full-time

Pros

The team I worked on was outstanding. The brightest and best I've ever worked with. The information sharing was invaluable and the teamwork was fantastic even with our team being scattered in various states.

Cons

It was difficult to get answers and assistance from the direct manager after a while. I never had a 90-day review and was hard pressed to get feedback on how I can improve until the very end and I ended up being let go as a result.

Keep the lines of communication between worker and manager open and have them answer emails when it is a matter of the workers' career at the company. Being avoided and having no responses to multiple emails isn't effective.

Good Technology

I have been working at Forsythe Technology full-time

Pros

Pay is good and technology is great especially if you are on the delivery side. You get your hands on newer technology.

Cons

Higher management is questionable on decisions they make most do not seem based on logic at all. Making changes to positions.

Forsythe Technology Photos