Fort Worth Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
CEO

1. Political. Rules change based on people involved.

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fort Worth

Pros

As much onetime as you desire. Crime never stops, as long as yo come to work, follow the rules, you have a job.

Cons

Onetime you may not desire. Mandatory. Cliques/pecking order. Some, not all- are mean spirited and easily influence most, but not all of the others.

Advice to Management

Vicious cycle of emergency communications. 911 call centers are the bottom of the food chain so when blame is being assigned, it starts there. Management has done a good job trying to implement innovative changes.

2. HR Manager

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Arlington, TX

I worked at Fort Worth (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company for employment longevity. Centrally located in downtown Fort Worth. Most employees are pleasant to work with. Great work life balance.

Cons

Very stagnant organization. Organization is very resistant to change.

3. Benefits and schedule are only saving grace

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Fort Worth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are amazing. Seriously. Health insurance is excellent and I have the cheapest plan. There is actually a free plan as well but I don't know the quality. Paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation, 8-5 min - Fri job with some departments offering flex schedules.

Cons

A lot of laying the blame instead of trying to fix things. A lack of integrity city wide for supervisors. People hoard their knowledge because they are afraid if you learn what they do then they will become obsolete. No accountability with anything. The employee intranet Website is seriously out of date - giving employees information that hasn't been valid in years. Their lean leader program is a joke! These people work so hard on improving a process but no one will ever let them i.ple mentioned it because everyone is so afraid of change. This place is a joke. Will need to evolve or will lose any employee that is not stupid.

Advice to Management

Develop your employees - don't be afraid of them! You should want to train your people to some day take your job.

5. Excellent place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Fort Worth

Pros

Excellent work life balance. 40 hrs a week on flexible schedule, you get comp time if you go over 40 hours, hour for hour and you can take comp time off whenever you want. City takes care of its employees really well and provides excellent benefits. Some departments allow telecommuting for a certain hours each month. Co-workers are great and managers are committed to your success. I am a relatively new employee and switched from the private sector and really enjoy working here. They also have wellness challenges for employees because they want everyone to be healthy and happy. They also provide career development, project management, and wellness classes. Great insurance plans, HSA, and retirement. Overall, it is a great place to work.

Cons

Projects and hiring process can take longer which is expected because they have many processes in place. Pay can be a bit lower compared to the private sector, but benefits and flexibility makes up for that. I would rather take a job that pays a tad bit less and provides better work/life balance than a 50-60 hrs hectic work week.

6. Administrative Assisant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fort Worth

Pros

Great, team, good boss. Everyone is very helpful and friendly and flexible about time off and late days.

Cons

Boring work environment, the atmosphere of the office is slow, and the building is old without windows.

7. good place to work but choose your department wisely.

Current Employee - Library
    Current Employee - Library

I have been working at Fort Worth

Pros

I've worked in other departments and I've really liked most of them and learned a lot.

Cons

If you're working in certain departments, get ready to do a whole lot of work that has nothing to do with your job title. I loved my job until I was put doing tasks that had nothing to do with the job I applied for. I'm up for helping out with what I can but please use your staff's talents as best possible instead of thinking of them as warm bodies.

Advice to Management

Find out what the managers are telling their employees to do. Learn about the programs you offer and help staff grow. Appreciate those employees and management staff that do their job well and let them know. I stayed at this job for years because I had a wonderful supervisor. Had my supervisor's manager never come into the picture my review would be 100% more positive. When people are resigning left and right, that means there is a problem.

8. Worst professional experience ever.

Current Employee - Water Department Call Center in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Water Department Call Center in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Fort Worth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no real pros to working here

Cons

challenges would be the favortism that is shwon, lack of training, slow response time when complaints are given to human resources , or even when they blatantly just overlook them. Management needs to have better training as it relates to managing different personalities. Overall I would not recommend the city of fort worth to anyone

Advice to Management

Value your employees, engage yourself with them, become more proactive instead of reactive, learn to develop your staff. Work on your craft just as well and stay current with your continuing education.

9. Good opportunity to learn

Current Employee - Grants Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Grants Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Fort Worth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Large city with a small town feel. Job offered opportunities for travel and training. A lot of opportunity to work with cross functional teams on different projects. Plenty of opportunities to earn compensatory time for extra hours worked.

Cons

Salaries are a little below average compared to peers. No over-time pay! Some of the facilities and equipment needs updating.

10. Overloaded with work and under paid

Current Employee - Inspector in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Inspector in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Fort Worth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. If it wasn't for my coworkers I wouldn't be working here.

Cons

Overloaded on work with lots of vacant positions. City hall will not fill openings. High cost insurance. No pay raises in 5 years. Doesn't matter how hard or how little you work, your pay is your pay.

Advice to Management

Competitive wages with private sector. Listen to your employees because you don't have a clue.

11. Quality is in the people

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Fort Worth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large City with multiple departments to find which one fits you best

Cons

"Pigeon-hole" effect in numerous departments, devaluing of education as a qualifying factor for positions.

Advice to Management

Value the "shining stars" of the organization and grow them or else they will become frustrated and leave.

RSS Feed </> Embed