Forthea

Christopher Pappas

Fast moving bullet train

Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat work life balance, pay and overall benefits. Management is constantly looking to improve - both for clients and employees.

ConsMicromanagement from upper management. Lack of focus and too much control cause some projects to get lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go a bit and trust in the team

Future's so bright, we need shades!

Houston, TX

ProsForthea is small, but it's full of smart, dedicated individuals with a vast array of talents. Everybody here is an A+ player and most have experience with some of the "bigger" agencies in town. Employees here are attracted to it because they can create real chance and be part of building something special. Company culture is professional yet laid back. A number of new clients have lead to some nice growth and the addition of new teammates.

ConsThey are sticklers for process, and some see that as a negative. I would argue that having a solid structure in place will support increased growth without going through the fire-drills other agencies go through when they see increased growth.

Small Company Still Finding It's Identity

(Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsSnacks, pretty simple work, small group, friendly people, quiet office.

ConsVery big brother environment. Required to enter time entries for all 8 hours of your day. This is viewed by management, where client work is then your weekly "utilization score". Very corporate for an agency. It's a very small group, so if your looking to gain a higher position probably not the company for you. It say's 30+ but it is about 15 including upper management. Pay is not as competitive, but again it is a small company.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people more. Give actual raises and not just pats on the back.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, flexible company - sky is the limit.

Specialist (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat clients and mix of laid back with professional class. Firm has experienced and is continuing to experience rapid growth in clients and employees. Team members are nice, helpful, fun to work with. Management is crazy smart and savvy; kind folks too. Generally speaking, you get as much responsibility as you want.

ConsThese are all just minor downsides, and more growing pains of an expanding company. Sometimes the work hours are long, but it's not a sweatshop by any means. Pay and benefits aren't too bad; again it's a small and rapidly growing company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating, keep up the good work. Everyone is excited about where we're headed.

Worked for Forthea? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Forthea reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Forthea CEO Christopher Pappas. All reviews posted anonymously by Forthea employees.