Fortify Software

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

John M. Jack

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Fortify Software

Prosgreat opportunity to gain broad experience in a fast growing company. Lots of room to move around and grow across multiple functional boundaries.

ConsTough to do so much with so few resources. Really requires a heavy level of engagement and commitment of time and energy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop level management is great, as the company grows it would be great to maintain broad insight into how the company is growing, etc.

Solid company with a great outcome

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fortify Software

ProsTechnology stack
Kleiner backing. Ted Schlein initially founded the company.
Founding team- Schlein found strong technologists to build out the vision.

ConsDifficult sales cycles involving both development and security orgs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a good partner who can provide a solid exit.

Exciting, Fast Growing Company in Huge Growth Field

Software Security Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fortify Software

ProsTremendous growth in application security being driven by the software development industry
Tremendous independence provided allowing for flexible time management while not sacrificing deliverables and/or client needs
Highly skilled co-workers who continually impress me and share valuable information
Unbelievably dedicated supervisor who has "walked the walk" and is a real advocate for his direct reports
Incredibly motivated executive management team that takes time to talk/listen to those in the field and refuses to "sell out" the company
At this level, no back-stabbing or politics ... just everyone helping each other for the benefit of our customers

ConsAs a small global company, travel demands can be great. In addition, support for multiple global timezones can be an occasional challenge
Yearly evaluations and compensation changes are extremely erratic or non-existent

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to resist the urge to sell out to a behemoth that will ruin our energy level and competitive spirit.

Worked for Fortify Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fortify Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fortify Software CEO John M. Jack. All reviews posted anonymously by Fortify Software employees.