Fortinet

Fortinet Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Fortinet President, CEO, and Director Ken Xie

Ken Xie

Pros
  • You can learn a lot here and the work is very interesting, at least in my position (in 5 reviews)

• you can have free dinner if you work later (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No bonus, manager will not appreciate your work (in 5 reviews)

• No training, no communication about plans (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

ok place to work in the right group

Prosok place to work if you are in the right team. There are diverse teams working on different areas. Some of those are interesting and the manages are good to work with. Others, the work is dull and the managers can be difficult.

ConsThere are teams where the work is dull and the managers can be difficult. This is particular true in some product lines.

Good coop experience

Junior QA Engineer (Current Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Pros- Nice and helpful colleagues

Cons- Manager is strict on work hours, e.g. has to come in before 9 (which is rare in North America)

A company which denigrates its employees

Fortiguard (Former Employee)

ProsThe field of expertise (network security) is interesting.

Cons- Human values are largely overlooked
    - Poor salary and work conditions (illegal depending on which country the offices are)
    - Deplorable HR and management

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees, without them you are nothing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall great company

Channel Account Manager (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGreat pay, lots of emerging technologies.

ConsHigh expectations for a company that only has one Gartner Magic Quadrant product.

Advice to Senior ManagementMarketing tools, need to invest in these.

Good security company at the right time

Country Manager (Former Employee) Bangkok (Thailand)

ProsContinue products improvement
    Leading UTM Security

ConsNo negative side to say

Advice to Senior ManagementGood work....

A so so company

Software Developer (Former Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsGreat opportunity to learn in the first year.
    Above average salary.
    Nice colleague.

ConsTeam leaders are tech savvy but know little about management.
    Open source society atmosphere but poor technical decision and process control.
    Competent coworkers but never be valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the management level to technical experts and hire professional managers.

Not very organized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent salary, benefits and perks. Opportunities for experience.

ConsPoor executive leadership and decision making. Not in touch with the employees doing the real work to better understand how to make the company more efficient with proper resource management. The company will have trouble expanding while still continuing to manage with a small business mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the US vs. THEM mentality within certain groups and divisions. Teamwork and an open mind are important for content employees.

FTNT was the place I'd been looking for for a long time...

Security Researcher (Current Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsI came to Fortinet about 3 years ago. In those 3 years, I've found a place that I honestly enjoy coming in to every day.

In the 3 years I've been there, I've found multiple opportunities for advancement, a relatively decent increase in salary, and a working environment that I've been able to customize to maximize my productivity.

I've found that Fortinet has been incredibly accommodating to my unique and individual needs - if that means sometimes coming in late or leaving early due to life commitment... no problem. Get your job done, and do it well, and there's no edict to punch the clock.

In our team, we have regular quarterly 'fun' events and dinners where we all just get out and do something fun... and in Vancouver, there's certainly no shortage of fun things to do every season.

I gladly work extra hours (FTNT brings in dinner if you're working late) and the occasional weekend - by choice. I love what I do that much.

If and/or when I move on to another company, I will be quite sad - but will look back at my time here with incredible fondness.

Other "nice" things about working here: on-site fitness facility is great, weekly fitness classes paid for by FTNT, decent espresso/coffee machines, lots of smiling faces of every ethnicity you can imagine. Makes for a very diverse working environment.

ConsNow, with the Pros being said, no company is great enough that some things couldn't improve. I'm sure even stalwarts like Google, Microsoft and Apple have places in which they could improve.

Fortinet is still a young company. The transition from the "start up" mentality to a "corporation" has been bumpy at times. As a start up, it was clear FTNT made one of their biggest goals to become profitable as soon as possible (which is admirable compared to many other start ups who bleed money profusely)... but now that FTNT has established itself as a company with a very healthy balance sheet and a sizeable war chest, I think loosening the purse strings a touch would go a long way towards moving FTNT to the next level... but I think we're getting there. :)

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I could offer one piece of advice, it would be simply to remember that we're just not a small company anymore. Over 2,000 employees (and growing at a pace that far outstrips other companies) is a remarkable achievement.

I'm proud to call myself a Fortinetter.

Needs lot of improvment

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosbetter pay as I know, flexibility,

Consno process, mgmt is very dull and doesn't take care. no proper facility to work,

Advice to Senior Managementthink about people working under u

Nice people, OK Pay

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsCo-workers are nice. Good benefit on medical, dental and gym.

Consworking time is little bit long. Lunch time isn't counted to working hour.

Worked for Fortinet? Contribute to the Community!