Fortitude Systems Reviews

CEO

Opportunity

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Fortitude for about 7-8 months before I was hired on by their client. All in all it was a good experience. - got my foot in the door even though I had never had a technical job before - offer health/vision/dental to their contractors - weekly pay - quick hiring process - was paid hourly, so long days = more money - had a good relationship with the sales guy and my recruiter, they both kept in touch a couple times a month

Cons

- I did not get paid holidays off. I was told it was up to the client - so it may vary for someone else. However, my client did allow me to work longer hours on shorter weeks to get back to 40

Advice to Management

try and negotiate PTO with your clients if possible.

Provides Careers vs. a Job

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can get promoted quickly if you put the work and the effort in. Everyone is promoted organically. Everyone has your back. Great culture, and friendships can be developed. High earning potential and equity can be earned. Long term career development v. just coming in for a job.

Cons

I am very happy with Fortitude, I don't have any cons I can come up with at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to educate everyone on the training processes and why interpersonal business relationships are so important to the development of leaders. Refine the education and training processes to target this earlier in the process rather than later.

3. Internal Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Every person that works here has come from this base position - Learn valuable communication and staffing operations - Very strong team environment that fosters personal and business growth

Cons

- Work hours are longer and more intense than the normal 9 to 5; not for those who want a basic job and have lots of downtime to themselves

Advice to Management

Keep mentoring and enabling the young guys coming into the company as they are the future. The company culture, energy and drive are all excellent and should never be pushed aside.

Great training...interesting culture

Former Employee - Recruiter in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in McLean, VA

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time

Pros

Great training Social outings w/ free drinks/food every week

Cons

- Culture - not a lot of professionalism going on in the office. - Work/life balance - you will see your co-workers 70-80 hours a week sometimes and they may even convince you to live with them if you move to the area. - Values/morals of the company and top management are skewed.

Advice to Management

Change the culture and stop lying to your clients.

6. Account Manager

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time

Pros

Great training and mentoring. Whether upper management, peers, or employees in different roles, I am yet to come across an employee unwilling to provide advice and share their experiences to help learn and grow. You'll always be challenged, never bored, and there is endless room to grow.

Cons

Understand one will have to earn what they get. For anyone looking to grow and put in the work, there is no better place. For someone who is looking for just another job, this will be a wake up call.

7. There is a true sense of family- great benefits

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have many good things to say about my 2 1/2 year Fortitude experience. I was hired by Fortitude out of college and the training and guidance I received was second to none. Almost everyone there cares. The technical training was great. My advice to anyone starting there is to use every resource they offer to get better because they won't baby you.. It seems like they just observe who does it and promote those people.. They hire a lot of self-starters, athletes, etc... because once you are out on client sites, they have to trust that you will be able to get the job done. The benefits were very nice. In the DC office, they have a corporate boat that anyone can use if you get your boat license and training from the captain. The company trips are great. The stock program is obviously phenomenal.

Cons

My one con would be they don't micro-manage. They'll guide, observe, & train but they won't yell at you to work harder, they just reward the hard workers with promotions, etc... My only regret with myself is that i didn't come out of the gate working hard enough and it bit me later when it came to promotions, etc.

Advice to Management

My only advice (and this is selfishly what I wish I had myself) would be to institute some kind of mentor program for the recruiters. The mentor program you have for Account Managers is great, I think that can also be instituted in the training ranks.

8. Growing company that seeks to raise up its employees while delivering the best service in the Chicagoland area

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Huge opportunity to be involved in every part of the business and actually make a difference on how the firm operates. Lots of exposure to different parts of the business as well as the ability to meet clients and relatively quickly manage clients on your own. -Fortitude is also pretty good about treating employees well. Overall they are true partners to their clients, which isn't always the case. The employees are all really smart and work hard to get work done well. The new office is a plus. Every Monday at lunch we play disc at lunch, its a great workout & perk! *Leaders that takes the time to get to know each employee *Quarterly peer reviews *Engaging projects *Great promotion potential *You will look forward to the yearly conference like you look forward to Christmas (they go all out). *The benefits are great: monthly happy hours, company boat, & a stock incentive program.

Cons

Need to improve on-boarding process.

Advice to Management

Continue to be flat and transparent with where we are and where we are heading. Continue to invest in employees and set achievable incentives. Continue to bring younger folks into projects where they will be challenged and can grow.

Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time

Pros

Not many pros - You get to work 30 minutes (that's without traffic) outside of Chicago. Most of the recruiters are pretty good guys. They all seem to enjoy what they are doing, but very frequently the positive attitude is fake. They will give a recruiter a free place to live for 2 months while you figure out a permanent place to live.

Cons

SALARY ON HERE IS A LIE. RECRUITERS WILL NOT MAKE OVER 34K You'll want to go to O'Hare and fly somewhere far away. You spend all of your off-time with coworkers, if you don't, you will likely be made fun of. Read the negative comments here. In all likelihood, the employees were asked to leave positive reviews on sites like Glassdoor, which is why there are so many positive comments. A ton of turnover, but they will deny it. Upper level management is extremely young.

Advice to Management

- Make the work environment a little less miserable. - Maybe interview a girl, consider hiring her. (While they do not discriminate by any means, the work environment almost completely negates the possibility of a female working for Fortitude as a recruiter)

Room for growth if you know where to look.

Pros

If you work hard then it will not be hard for you to succeed here.

Cons

Work hours can get very long depending on the time of year.

Advice to Management

The open door policy to all the management's offices is great.

11. Recruiter

Pros

Environment is good, guys are very open to meeting new people in the company. Everyone is ambitious.

Cons

Salary posted here a complete lie. Recruiters make 34k...no more You will be around coworkers 24/7. Extremely long hours. 7-6 most cases

RSS Feed </> Embed