Fortitude Systems

CEO

I didn't take advantage

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

Pros

A year ago, I was let go from Fortitude. At first, I was upset about it, I blamed them. Since then I have worked at 2 different companies, and I regret not taking advantage of my opportunity there. In my last two jobs: the first, no opportunity for growth (they constantly hired outside of the company- Fortitude never did that.), and the 2nd (my current job, which I am looking to leave) I am a number in 20,000 person company.

Some people are ready right out of college to get serious about a career @ Fortitude, I wasn't. I check up on a lot of my friends there, and I firmly believe that firm will do great things.

Cons

My only con is I wish I was given a longer leash, I know I didn't always give 100%; but if they gave me a couple more years, I believe I eventually would have gotten it. That being said, I understand their decision and wish them the best of luck.

You guys were great coaches. I have taken a lot of my lessons with me.

A gem amongst the crud

Former Employee - Software Development Director  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Software Development Director in Washington, DC

Pros

--My background--
     I have worked in technology for 20+ years,before working with Fortitude, I worked with a couple of the larger national chains. I was constantly called for jobs that had nothing to do with my skill set, I was sent to interviews that had nothing to do with my skill set, it was frustrating, but I had to go if I wanted a job.

3 years ago, a recruiter from Fortitude called me and right off the bat, I noticed the difference. It was a confident, well-informed, intelligent person that was calling me about my specific skill set. I think I went on 3 interviews with Fortitude clients (I can't quite recall), but all 3 were jobs that fit EXACTLY what I would love to do. I settled on a small professional services firm, and the rest is history. I have since become a hiring manager, when I started my company used 3 recruiting firms (fortitude obviously being one of them) & we had 5 internal recruiters. NOW? Now, we use one firm Fortitude, and I have hired over 20 people in 3 years from them, they have made my job awesome. My boss & I constantly talk about how lucky we are to work with them.

They have been first class to me when I was an employee and now as a client. First class Gem.

Cons

Really none here. Fantastic people all around.

Keep hiring the intelligent folks you guys hire.

Recruiter to Account Manager to Account Executive to Opening my own office in 5 years

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

I was working in NY City for a major bank making 65k. . . I was a number and treated as such. I took the job with Fortitude for the opportunity. It has been one of the best decisions I ever made. At the bank, there was zero training, people were out for themselves, nobody cared about you doing well, etc.... At Fortitude, I felt like I was apart of a family from Day 1, I definitely had my struggles, but there was always someone there for me. In 5 years, I have risen from recruiter to account manager to account exec to opening my own office.

Cons

I don't have any major ones. I sell to a million different companies and I see real cons at a lot of my clients, this companie's cons don't compare. The leadership and training is great.

Thanks for everything.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Transition from College- very good Benefits

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

The culture is a second to none. I moved to Chicago from college and I didn't know than 2 people in the whole city of Chicago. For most recent college grads that can be a daunting proposition- Fortitude did everything to make that transition easy. First, they have a corporate apartment that I stayed in for free for my first 8 weeks. I was able to save a lot of money that first 8 weeks since I had no expenses; I also met two recent college grads that I ended up living with for the next year. The transition was great.
          The mentorship program is the main reason why i have recommended this to two of my friends who have since started working at Fortitude. Everyone in a sales/account executive/exec position is expected to mentor young employee's & they take this VERY seriously. They care a lot about making sure everyone has every chance to be successful. It isn't your normal big company that churns and burns all these entry level college grads. They bring in around 10 to each office, and there will be around 7 of those guys standing a year later- very rare amongst companies that hire entry-level.
         The proof is in the pudding around here, you will see a ton of referrals because employee's believe in where this is going. We are having tons of success, but it is because we have great leadership/people/process.

Cons

The interview process can be daunting. Certainly not your normal process- it can be an all day process, just be yourself. This isn't for someone that is just looking for a "job". You really have to be mature enough and prepared to want a career, most of our interviewee's aren't there yet.

The work life balance is great…… Thanks for holding leaders accountable.

Dynamic environment

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

* Tons of room for growth, they only hire from within. That is the main reason I will never leave this place.
    * Fair Compensation; great if you are good.
    * great leaders - They coach like it is a sport, if you enjoyed competition and athletics, you'll like their style.
    * They let you learn at your own pace.

Cons

*Tons of information you have to learn, at times you feel like you are drinking from a Fire-hose. At first I freaked out, but they were great with letting you learn at your own pace.

Thanks for your patience.

Three reviews within two days? Canned titles? Hmm..

Former Employee - Tier I/Bluecoat  in  Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Tier I/Bluecoat in Sterling, VA

Pros

Tyler Lazear and Dan Mooney are pretty much the only reasons you'd want to work contracts through this company. If I had any questions or issues, I could go to them directly and they'd work the issue quickly and professionally. Tyler did my initial interview and would follow up to see how I was doing throughout my employment (1 year as a Fortitude Systems contractor, 1 year as a company employee after being converted to full time and he'd still chat with my on occasion to see how things were going). Tyler was low man on the totem pole, so to speak, a senior recruiter. A glance at LinkedIn says he's now director of recruiting. Stellar guy and deserving of his meteoric rise through FS.

Dan escalated a pay raise request faster than any other company I've ever worked with. It took about two or three weeks and it was done, and it was a fairly substantial increase. Might sound non-standard, but it sure as hell reflected well on Dan after. Dan would also go out of his way to chat with current employees when he was on site, or bringing new people in. He knew how to make you feel right at home as soon as you got walked onsite. A fantastic person to work with.

Cons

- Myself and a few others were vetted through Fortitude Systems to work for a company in Northern VA, and we had all started around the same time. There was a very wide range of experience levels between us, even though we all came on for similar positions (IT) at the time. It caused quite a few issues in the workplace, but it may have been that FS was just trying to load as many people into the environment as possible.
    - Myself and another employee of Fortitude Systems received calls from Corey asking us to take down resumes on other websites, letting us know rather impolitely that we were "violating the non-compete" portion of our contract. I didn't even know I had a resume up on one of the sites he was asking about, and my colleague, who had received a call as well, pretty much let that decide that she was going to leave and pursue other employment. They really need to take away Corey's phone permission, if they haven't already. My colleague left because of the interaction she had with him.
    - If you're going to inflate your own rating on Glassdoor, at least do it on separate dates and look at one another's posts first. Geeze, guys.

Dump your revenue into cloning. Clone Tyler and Dan. Replace everyone and let the clones do everything. You'd be bigger than TEKSystems in a month.

Diamond in the rough

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

I had several offers from some bigger tech companies. I interviewed at EMC, Oracle, and a bigger systems integrator out of school. When I left the interview with Fortitude, I had a different feeling. I loved the culture, the people, and the leadership opportunities. There was a part of me that thought some of it was too good to be true, but after being here for 7 months, I have realized it really is a diamond in the rough for someone like me. I have been an over-achiever in a lot of things in life. That has really helped me to get ahead. Fortitude is filled with them.

Cons

You will be challenged. I love it, but not for everyone; probably why there are a ton of athletes that have success here.

Thanks for everything

They treat you like you are Human- Big Difference

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

Pros

I have been in the IT industry for 15 plus years & dealt with a large number of companies. Most companies whether it be a staffing firm or the client I have gone to work for have treated me like a number. The recruiter I spoke with at Fortitude was genuine and worked to help get me the best job. I wasn't sent on a "wild goose chase" & interviewing for positions that have nothing to do with my resume. They sent me on three interviews & all three were positions I could have done (rare in this industry). In the end, the placed me at a software company with a great culture.

Cons

Donuts, breakfast taco's, they will drop off food, so you have to be disciplined.........

The right place for passionate, driven, and hard working people

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA

Pros

Fortitude is a place where there is always hard work and people that are driven to succeed. Personal success is important, but the success we achieve can only be achieved collaboratively. It is a company built on the success of your team and for the right people - the people who are passionate about growing themselves as business professionals and as men, this is the place to work. It is a smaller environment where people won't just get lost in the shuffle. You won't just be a number or another body working in a oversized company. Fortitude is definitely not the place for someone who does not want to work hard and does not want to become the best at what they do. It is a great company that invests back in their employees and offers a great career path for both growth and learning.

Cons

We have way too much fun at work and outside of it.

Keep grinding.

Worked for Fortitude Systems? Contribute to the Community!