Fortitude Systems

Great Relationships!

Current Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I feel like my account rep knows everyone in the company! I've been working as a contractor through Fortitude for the past month and I've been pleasantly surprised. My rep has taken the time to get to know me even after the interview process. He also knows my boss on a personal level and it seems like everyone else that works here! We enjoy having him around.

Cons

Nothing as of now, will update if anything comes up.

Keep doing what you're doing! It's working. There must be a huge emphasis on relationships at Fortitude and I personally think that is missing out of other firms.

Fast, easy, painless

Current Employee - Senior UI Software Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior UI Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My recruiter, Cody, was very thorough, articulate, and knowledgeable. I had a phone interview with him and then his manager all within 2 hours of each other. The interview with the client was setup within 12 hours and I had an offer very soon after the client interview. Great client as well!

Cons

Nothing to say here! I've had some poor experiences with other firms in the past. Not Fortitude Systems, they're in a league of their own.

Cody seemed like he had all of his ducks in a row and I was very impressed by his professionalism and knowledge. I'm not sure if he can manage others but I'm sure he would be a great trainer at the least with that type of knowledge!

Not afraid of High expectations

Current Employee - Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic company that takes care of its employees.
    The clients we have will really challenge your intellectual ability.

They have figured out the hiring process in the last 2 years. 3 years ago, the hiring process wasn't exactly right. Within the last 2 years, the management saw that and adapted. It did squeeze out "me" people very fast.

Managing the mergers of ideas, companies, and clients can be daunting, but the leaders are there to help. The software team is always focused on developing the best product, not just a product.

Cons

There are different dev managers that need to commit to Agile model. Some want scrum, some agile, some waterfall. The software developers need to know of one and move on.

The direction and culture is great. Keep building on that and keep hiring the best that will not only be good fits for the team but also enhance the team.

great leap forward for my career

Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been working for Fortitude for over a year now and it has been a great leap forward for my career. When I graduated college I couldn't find a job related to my major, so I went back to work for the company that I worked in my last 2 summers in school. It was a tough setup because I was comfortable there and needed the money, but the longer I worked there the longer I was working somewhere that was not within my field. I received a call from a recruiter at Fortitude and he talked to me about a position that was in the IT field, and the hiring was based more on aptitude and personality than prior experience. I interviewed a couple days later, was offered the position, and started about a week later. This position has been great for me because it has brought me into the IT department of a mid-sized/large company that has many different career paths.

Cons

Nothing too major right now since I'm still in my first year. Maybe upgrade our ticketing system at some point.

Continue to keep building relationships with your employees. Taking the time to talk with someone, even as you pass by them, helps them know that you're invested in them!

I've Learned So Much

I have been working at Fortitude Systems

Pros

I'm a pretty ambitious and entrepreneurial person. Fortitude gives everyone here the opportunity to thrive for those that think the way I do. This place, with the relationship driven approach both internally and with clients, has given me a true understanding of a career vs a job. Everyone here is always in training, and it's cool because it's always pretty clear that you can always strive for more. The close knit nature of the company really gives you a sense of ownership, too. The leadership in the company always makes themselves available to help you to grow or even help you blow off steam.

Cons

Being comfortable in the gray area of relationship sales and leadership, but on the flipside you're encouraged to fail and are picked up when you do.

QA Analyst

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really a great opportunity. My manager is a great person and our team really gets along well. She's pretty flexible and will allow us to work from home if need be. A lot of groups that you could work within in the IT field could have a bunch of people who could be considered "anti-social," but not this team. It also helps that the bulk of us enjoys sports and adult beverages! I don't feel as though I have someone looming over my shoulder every day and it's pretty much as "ask if you need help" approach.

Cons

Our technology stack is a little outdated. We are using some Rational and legacy automation testing tools, but we are scheduled to try and move over to Selenium at some point in 2015

Nothing right now, but I have only been here for about 5 months.

Clients need what we sell

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I graduated from college I thought 100k was going to be easy.. Well, I am 4 years out of college and am in my second job. I have plenty of friends from college, some bright, some not so bright; but I have 2 friends that make over 100k, one has taken over his family's company and my other friend started with Fortitude out of college. Every time I came home from break this friend raved about where he was working whereas most of our friends were talking about quitting their 2nd or 3rd job, he was talking about opening an office and getting private stock with this company. After 5 months of begging him, he got me an interview with this company & 2 years later, I couldn't' be happier. (Note: I worked for a big company before working for fortitude).

My one conclusion that I tell anyone graduating from college or choosing a sales job is make sure clients NEED what you sell. Many of my friends are in jobs where they sell products that people don't need. When you sell something that someone needs, your chances for success are obviously a lot higher.

Will I retire here? I really hope I do. I love the culture, leadership, & the people.

Cons

It was tough starting with 12 people and seeing 3 of those people not work out. Out of the 12 that I started with I became really close with 7 of them & actually ended up living with 4 of them.

This is business development & self confidence is really important, probably why there are a ton of athletes (because they care if you can perform under pressure.) I will say I saw 2 people of the 12 that I started with make every excuse in the world for why they weren't performing. I would equate it to your buddy at the end of the bench that didn't get minutes because he didn't practice, lift, prepare. That never is fun to see, but comes with the territory.

I appreciate your efforts to grow this company

SQL DBA- “An Amazing Organization where you are the only limit to your success ”

Current Employee - SQL Database Administrator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - SQL Database Administrator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Senior Management regularly meets with front line employees
    Ability to nominate anyone in the organization for awards and recognition with minimal red tape
    PTO is great
    Extensive and complete benefits package
    Numerous growth opportunities
    Extensive training
    Fantastic work environment

Cons

The technical landscape can be very robust. You have to understand your technologies to work here.

Continue doing what you are doing

Great personal development and real responsibility

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong emphasis on personal development,
    Very open and honest environment,
    Senior level consultants and partners very accessible,
    Good work / life balance (with respect to consulting industry average)
    The work is very tangible and the impact on clients is visible
    True meritocracy

The culture and approach to development and learning is also infectious. It’s a very high energy group of people who are great to be around. They’re driving towards team goals and are happy to share what they’re working on, their difficulties and their successes. I’ve seen the people I joined with move a million miles on some of the things they initially found difficult. Being around a talented group of people like this means you can’t hide the things you’re not good at. There is an expectation that you are always developing and moving towards where you want to be. This means you never end up stagnant or in a position where you feel you’re not progressing.

Cons

- Small and agile is great, but investing in (or even outsourcing) some of the more mundane basics of the business will pay back in the long term.

-Keep mixing the teams between offices more often, even if just for short projects. The development gains are well worth the associated transport costs.

Very impressed

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- I worked two jobs through college to pay for school, and before that I had around 3 jobs. I also grew up playing a lot of sports & have dealt with a lot of different coaching/management personalities. To an extent I thought this was too good to be true in a lot of ways, but I have to say I am very impressed with everything. There is no sugar coating it, you will work hard, but you will be valued and rewarded for the work you do. Very little favoritism.

-This place is simply impressive. There are people from all different kinds of backgrounds, but I have found that there is one central theme: "We will grow, but we will grow the right way with the right people." The leadership team treats people the right way, and you can just feel that vibe on a day to basis.

- There is a lot of potential if you are good & the company perks are great.

- Free corp apt if you move to a new location, you get a car & cell allowance in sales.

Cons

- The challenge is being able to process information while being productive at your job. You will learn a ton while here, but at times in the beginning you will feel like there is a fire hose to your mouth.