FortuneBuilders Reviews

Than Merrill

Great place to work if you are Self Motivated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for more than a year

Pros

FortuneBuilders is a company of fun and hard-working people. The managers will expect a lot out of you, but are also very compassionate, so it is the perfect environment for improvement. The owners are involved in the day-to-day operation, and are very down to earth, so from the top down, it has created a hard working, but also laid back space - that's not common. You will meet great people here who are all trying to better themselves, which makes you want to be better too. The benefits are fair (2 weeks vacation but no additional sick days, like most other companies offer) but they make up for it with the happy environment.

Cons

Monetary growth is not clear cut. You will grow exponentially in your experience, but everyone in my department feels like that should come with better pay as well. Don't get me wrong, the pay is fair but people won't stay at the same pay forever while taking over more stuff, and stay with the company.

Raises once per year to keep people happy and continuing to want to work hard.

A Truly Unique Organization

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

The fact that everyone in the company is on the same page as far as personal and professional growth is amazing! This is a company where you truly determine your own destiny. There aren't any corporate career paths or designated management trainings to guide you to success, you create your own path. That's what makes this place so great.

Cons

There are some down-sides when it comes to working for a fairly new company, especially where structure is concerned. But to their benefit, the loose structure works with the corporate culture.

Great career for the single, young and adventurous

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time

Pros

Small company culture, high integrity, working for a higher purpose and helping others, work hard play hard mentality, opportunity to share and implement ideas, colleague's that feel like family. This is not the place for the lazy or light hearted. The passion for your position is recognized.

Cons

little advancement opportunity, minimal pay compared to industry standard, over promise and under deliver to employees

Jul 3, 2014Talent Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review FortuneBuilders. In the last few years since we have been in San Diego, our company has grown tremendously allowing for more opportunities for advancement. We ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I LOVE MY JOB! When was the last time you heard someone say that?

Current Employee - Intrapraneur  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Intrapraneur in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for less than a year

Pros

Totally growth-oriented. This company is about helping everyone be their best, and when I first heard about that, I thought that people were just drinking the kool-aid, or that it was a kitschy recruiting tool, but when I got into the organization, I realized that the company really promotes entrepreneurship and growth. I learn so much every day!

Cons

OK- this is definitely not a company where you are going to just skate along on a day-to-day basis. I don't see it as a con, but moreso as a message to people who like to kick it out of gear while they are at work, you would probably not like it here. Also, because the company really is entrepreneurial, as an employee or intrapraneur, you are responsible for your own growth, there isn't always a clear line for a promotion, so you have to be an achiever and go after what you want.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Lifestyle of an "Intrapreneur" = Lifestyle of Learning - FB is Best Place to Work for Entrepreneurs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time for less than a year

Pros

FortuneBuilders is a company that hires the "best of the best". They have a laid back, yet fast moving and super talented group of entrepreneurial minded professionals who are committed to continuous personal and professional growth and the service of others.

Cons

If you have an "employee mindset" and aren't naturally someone who proactively looks for ways to add value in your role, and who doesn't really take ownership of your role as if it were your own business, and if you're not totally committed to your own personal growth on a daily basis, then you might not like it at FB. If you aren't comfortable in a "startup" type environment where your most valuable asset is your resourcefulness, then you also may have issues.

The best part about the Founders of this company is that yeah they have been recognized by Inc magazine, and they are super successful in real estate having done 100's and 100's of investment deals, and they have also helped thousands of students change their lives through real estate investing, the best part is that they are just normal people, regular guys who have had a lot of success and truly believe in "paying it forward". Keep expanding the vision as you are.

Jul 7, 2014Talent Coordinator

Thanks for your candid review! We work extra hard to ensure that we are bringing on the best talent, but also that the talent will thrive in our organization.

Not what they claim

Former Employee - Sales  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at FortuneBuilders full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cannot think any pros to working here except they promise the world.

Cons

All promises, very slimey sales, and senior management is very proud of the money they make at any cost to customers.

May 21, 2014Recruiter

Hello, I'm sorry that you feel this way about your opportunity with FortuneBuilders and the company overall. I have to say that I disagree wholeheartedly with the sales process at FB and the actions ... More

Worked for FortuneBuilders? Contribute to the Community!