FortuneBuilders Reviews

15 reviews filtered by
4.7
FortuneBuilders Co-Founder Than Merrill
Than Merrill

1. Absolutely amazing culture that pushes you to always grow as an individual in personal and professional development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, location, opportunities, people that work here, very accessible owners

Cons

I can't think of any really. I am very satisfied here. Maybe, that is has grown quite a bit over the last two years so I don't know everyone yet.

Keep doing what you are doing! You have created an amazing company and culture within.

2. Fun company with great work ethic

Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced entrepreneurial company that encourages growth inside and outside of the company. Many of the things learned here can be applied to other aspects of life.

Cons

They will push you to become a better individual in and out of the work environment.

3. Everyone is treated as a leader and NO ONE is left behind! A company of integrity, built around a cause that matters!

Current Employee - Real Estate Investment Coach in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Investment Coach in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fortune Builders puts the customers FIRST, and constantly looks for ways to create the best experience. The work culture is that of a 'family'. Everyone is looked at as a leader and is encouraged to contribute any and all ideas to make the company better. Tons of perks, benefits, and a strong support system from ALL levels to make sure everyone is happy. HUGE growth opportunities within.

Cons

It is an entrepreneurial minded culture where people are expected to WANT personal growth in their lives. So if someone is wanting a traditional "job" (clock in and clock out), it'll be a challenge to find a fit.

5. I'm surrounded by A players that are all striving to better themselves and others and they drive me to do the same.

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm in a position to help people and we have a great team atmosphere. There are quarterly sales trips and quarterly dinners with the owners and top performers.
    We have access to a great Health Insurance Plan
    I'm always surrounded by positive people and love coming into the office!

Cons

We are challenged to grow everyday, it's not a fit for everyone.

Keep doing what you're doing, I love working here!

6. Great company to work

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

FortuneBuilders offers huge opportunity for growth both personally and professionally. A lot of times you'll be stretched outside of your comfort zone, but the people and leadership are right by your side helping you succeed. I love that you see everyone from the bottom to the top working towards the common goals and mission of the organization.

Cons

We work hard for the right reasons. Probably not the best company for people looking to do just enough to "get by".

7. II am having an amazing growth experience here at fortune builders

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Education and self development
    Young lively energetic environment

Cons

At this point I do not have any cons with the department that I am in. My time management with the department is great

Continue the culture that you have created

8. Professional people in a laid back environment!

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like it at FortuneBuilders because they do things differently. They want to help their students and their employees, which is hard to find. I believe in what they are doing and I like that I know there are other opportunities outside of my current role if I feel the need to change directions.

Cons

They expect a lot out of themselves and their staff. Everyone has to strive to constantly be better. Not always a bad thing, but can be intimidating at times.

My values align with management's, so I hope they never change these.

9. My experience with FortuneBuilders has been world class!

Current Employee - Passive Income Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Passive Income Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My work/life balance is phenomenal. I have the ability to create my own schedule and I'm compensated very well for the hard work, time, and effort I put in. FB is filled the intrapreneurs so everyone is constantly pushing the envelop of personal growth. Everyone has their own ideas but always striving for a common goal. Most of my colleagues own or run businesses outside of their existing 9-5 here at FortuneBuilders. It is a culture that truly promotes that type of dedication and lifestyle. FB has proven time and time again that they truly care about the students we teach. I have seen us go above and beyond what is needed to ensure a student is successful. I mean, who wouldn't want to be surrounded by an amazing team and management everyday. You are truly pushed to grow and improve at every turn and I most certainly wouldn't want to work anywhere else than with the FortuneBulders Family.

Cons

You don't want to ever stop learning, working, and improving.

Continue to push and live by the motto "FortuneBuilders Family". As we grow, we will be required to become more stringent and corporate but the core values of being one big team/family is so crucial to the environment we have built.

10. Great place to learn and grow!

Current Employee - Operations Department in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Department in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working for FortuneBuilders is that the opportunities are endless. If you want to grow, you have the opportunity to, and will learn a lot along the way. Although the company is expanding, it still has a tight-knit family-like feel and environment. You will meet fun, energetic, and hard working individuals, which is what helps create the positive and up-beat environment. Overall, you will be pushed to your limits, and have fun while you're doing it.

Cons

FortuneBuilders is a relatively young company. If you don't like change, and need a lot of structure, it may not be the place for you. On the other hand, it is great for motivated individuals who want to be involved in creating their own career path!

Keep up the good work! Continue to praise the positives and accomplishments you see your team members conquer - and the employees will continue to enjoy learning and growing.

11. Company with Integrity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacifica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pacifica, CA

I have been working at FortuneBuilders full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture
    Atmosphere
    People
    Ethics and Integrity of the company
    We help change people's lives
    Sense of Accomplishment
    We can walk outside and spend lunch at the beach
    There's never a dull moment
    You don't feel like you are going to work
    You are encouraged to Learn and Grow as a person as well as professionally

Cons

The company is young and growing. There isn't a set structure for reviews or advancement. You have to approach management for new opportunities within the company.