Forward Air Reviews

Updated March 14, 2015
26 reviews filtered by
Bruce A. Campbell

1. Dynamic, growing company well position for continued growth and future success. Top-notch senior management.

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Memphis, TN

I worked at Forward Air full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid pay with very good benefits and incentive programs; good opportunity to move up within the organization as they continue to grow; top-notch, seasoned middle and senior management professionals who provide an opportunity for employees to learn and develop as professionals. Great culture and great people.

Cons

One of the FA mantra's is "Work hard, play hard; but work always comes first" As a FA employee you will have good opportunity to go above and beyond and advance within the company, but be prepared to work long hours and pay your dues to the company first as that is how the leaders of the company got to where they are today: with many years of hard work beginning at the ground level. For some this could be a con for the work/life balance, but for others this is a positive as each employee will have the opportunity to decide and be in control of their own success with this company.

Continue with the internal incentive programs and contest that involved all of the FA employees to have the opportunity to contribute their ideas and input on ways to improve the operations of the company. I believe that this is an excellent way to get all employees to be on the same page regarding how FA operates and how they are able to provide the highest quality of service in their respective industry.

2. Terrible

I worked at Forward Air full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were about the only thing I could say that was a positive. Other than that, there were very few bright spots.

Cons

Management was more concerned with advancing the friends they had in high school than the people that actually knew how to do the job.

Learn how to separate your personal relationships from the personal ones. As soon as you are able to differentiate the two, you will grow as managers and Forward Air will be a better place to work.

3. Good company to work for with family type of environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Forward Air

Pros

Family like environment. Most customers & drivers are very nice. Coworkers helpful.

Cons

Lack of adiquit training from supervisors.

Supervisors and employees should be trained in all positions. Take into account employees opinion on how upper management is performing.

5. Operations Supervisor

I have been working at Forward Air full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employees are real dedicated in doing their job. Management is flexible

Cons

Long Hours and compensation does not fit what a supervisor does.

Be fair across the board

6. It's a job.

Current Employee - Contract Driver in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Contract Driver in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Forward Air (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good co-workers. This company is a owner-operator company that relys on good drivers with good experience. They offer nice safety bonuses yearly.

Cons

Manipulative dispatch...very deceitful. A overbearing safety department that doesn't take everything into consideration when passing judgements on there drivers. There upper management plainly just doesn't care...bottom line there about the profit.

Start taking care of drivers that sustain your business.

7. Cons at working at Forward Air

Current Employee - Dock Worker in Groveport, OH
    Current Employee - Dock Worker in Groveport, OH

I have been working at Forward Air part-time

Pros

Long Days long nights

Cons

Horrible place to work sent to LCK alot

They need more people at LCK

8. If you're looking for a company with advancement opportunities or that treats employees well, Forward Air is not the one.

Former Employee - Dock Worker in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Dock Worker in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Forward Air full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice coworkers for the most part. I worked with some really good guys on the dock.

Cons

Management treats dock workers as though they are completely expendable. Horrible pay. I worked there full time for 5 years and the last 2 years part time. So 7 years total and after that much time I was only making $1.00 more an hour than the day I walked in the door. Management will lies to it's employees and will show favoratism towards certain employees. Will even fire an employee based on the claims of another employee without any proof or ever giving the accused employee a chance to defend themselves against the accusations. Overall, not a company worth putting much effort into. It isn't recognized or rewarded.

Start treating employees better, especially dock workers. No matter how good of a business or marketing plan you come up with, no matter how good your sales team is, the workers on the dock are the ones that determine the success of the company.

9. Overall a good company to work for.

I worked at Forward Air

Pros

1. Caring work environment
    2. Good performance oriented incentive.

Cons

1. Bad holiday schedule - only 5 days in a year.

10. Employee Oriented

Current Employee - ASM
    Current Employee - ASM

I have been working at Forward Air full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company values, benefits are very good. Positive work environment and RVP support

Cons

Sales team is required to be in the office daily

Allow field sales reps to start their day straight from home as opposed to the office/warehouse

11. Lack of Balance, Terrible Management

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Forward Air full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good, nice bonus structure, good benefits--insurance, matching 401k and discounted stock, sales team gets phone allowance, mileage compensation.

Cons

Very little balance, long hours, only 1 week vacation for first 3 years, mid-level management has a total double standard--'do as I say, not as I do' attitude, upper management is totally out of touch.

Consider giving more time off to allow employees more balance between work/home life. Take the time to look closer at mid-level management--my regional sales manager was a disgusting, racist, sexist pig and left the company open to liability.