Fossil

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kosta N. Kartsotis

Pros
  • great discount 50% and a great environment to work in(in 31 reviews)

• Fantastic work life balance, great environment and nice people for the most part(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seems to be detached from the everyday processes of working in the store(in 17 reviews)

• low pay structure and inconsistent performance for corporate center(in 8 reviews)

Best opportunities for students.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat starting pay and yearly raises based off of stores performance. They're very invested in their employees, I was trained and promoted to a management position within a year. Fossil also offers a college program and will invest in your education if you stay with the company.

ConsStarting hours are not great. You'll get from 5-20 hours a week based on your performance. Always have to be one of the top 5 performers to get decent hours. It's retail so expect to work nights and holidays, however they're very strict on overtime hours.

Key Holder

Third Key Manager (Former Employee) San Marcos, TX

ProsGreat work environment, and great coworkers.Over all a great company to work for. Company stands behind products that are made well and easy to sell.

ConsOver all the it's a great place to wok. Company promote from with in, however they take advantage of those individuals promoted by offer much lower salary's to employees who are promoted then those who are recruited.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay higher salaries to in store middle management and you will be able to keep some very talented people

Was fun at first now all of the fun is sucked out

Fossil Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe discount is the best 50% is no joke!
    I enjoyed learning the tricks of retail

ConsUpper Management is expecting ridiculous standards
    You only get 7-12 hours a week so its not a job you can live off of

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back fossil bucks we miss them also top throwing ridiculous ideas at us then getting pissed when they don't work its not our fault

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Where is the Company going?

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThis is truly a people orientated company. If you want to work for someone that truly cares about their people this company is for you. Internal promotion is huge until getting to upper management.

ConsOperations. For such a major corporation, they can't seem to get basic operations down. "A" doesn't seem to talk to "B" etc. Therefore leaving stores doing double work and wasting payroll. Yet, then get "discussed" about over spending payroll.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet Corporate offices better aligned so that different departments know what someone else is doing. Stores spend way to much time doing double work because individuals at corporate don't inform each other of their decisions. Decide were you are going with this company and inform everyone. There is one thing to have change there is another when you have changed so much in the past 3 years that your employers don't even know the mission of the company anymore. Decide where your SM's are going next. I spoke to 5 individuals in upper management and what our next move was for promotion and no one could answer. In my 4 years here, not one SM has been promoted to DM. You keep hiring from outside.

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

Pros-great management
    - very laid back and fun work culture
    - good benefits
    - opportunity for growth

Cons- some areas are more difficult to move into

A view from corporate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsExcellent employee support - up to date tech, friendly environment, on site library, open space, on site gym, lots of parking, Cafe 54 provides wide variety of healthy options.

ConsWomen's apparel. Sizing is a mess, there is much to be desired in texture,silhouette, and quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind who you really want Fossil to be. While it's style has greatly improved, the company's identity crisis is very apparent.

Amazing company - very invested in their employees future and success.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThere were several levels of how they took the temperature of the workplace environment that ensured if change was needed it was executed quickly and with finesse. Immediate management team is invested in making sure that each person had the tools necessary for their job.

ConsSometimes some peers departments are only accessible through upper management. As the company has grown the collaborative environment/culture which made the company a dynamic place to be creative and unique has been lost due to the multiple layers of internal managers that has been added. Key managers do not always have an open to listen.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has moved away from telecommuting which has limited some great talent from being able to pursue and contribute to the future success. This used to be one of the great companies that believed in work / life balance. Not all creativity comes from being sequestered to a cubicle - work life/balance is key.

Casual Environment with outstanding products

Fossil Sales Associate (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

Proscasual laid back environment; learning about sales; great products; 50% discount, even on sale items.

Constoo much emphasis on sales; lack of mobility; not enough hours. Your sales are tied to hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would highly suggest to not put so much emphasis on sales on individuals. It can create much stress.

dope company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lake Grove, NY

Pros50% off employee discount, awesome

Conslack of hours to give to employees

Advice to Senior Managementtrain better

Not bad, horrible upper management

MHP (Former Employee) Woodbury, NY

ProsGood middle management, not hard work at all

ConsUpper management at my branch was basically a shell, only there for the $. Pay was not bad but hours were scarce

Worked for Fossil? Contribute to the Community!