Fossil Reviews

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
3.4

Kosta N. Kartsotis

Pros
  • great discount 50% and a great environment to work in (in 31 reviews)

• Fantastic work life balance, great environment and nice people for the most part (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seems to be detached from the everyday processes of working in the store (in 17 reviews)

• low pay structure and inconsistent performance for corporate center (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company but needs improvement

Current Employee - Accountant
    Current Employee - Accountant

I have been working at Fossil full-time

Pros

Amenities, environment, job security, some of the people, culture, exposure to various business partners, remote access ability, growing company, fast paced

Cons

Pay scale, direct management is unappreciative/inconsiderate, others are not held accountable for their tasks but instead such duties are tacked on to those who have managed to exceed deadlines therefore yielding no reward for going above and beyond. As process owner, there is a lack of decision making power. No mentor program for personal/career development or path/plan for career development. Benefits

Listen to employee feedback and consider it in future decision making, be able to identify inefficient employees and take corrective action/coaching(this applies to the reverse as well, recognition of value adding employees). Make an effort to motivate team members.

Good coworkers, great flexibility

I have been working at Fossil

Pros

Fun products to learn about and sell

Cons

Not the busiest of stores

Retail Work

Former Employee - Fossil Sales Associate  in  Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Fossil Sales Associate in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Fossil part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fossil Retail stores give employees a great sense of community and support, and I have worked at two. Fossil encourages you to love their product, and love their company, and that is exactly what I did. Work in Fossil Retail stores is competitive in nature, but not to the point that you feel you are fighting tooth and nail to succeed. They give you goals they want you to reach for each shift, and if you need help they are always willing to assist you.

Cons

Because Fossil is a retail store, it does come with the typical retail-work stresses. Too-busy days with not enough staff, too slow of days with too much staff, etc.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, laid-back job with opportunities to be creative

I have been working at Fossil part-time

Pros

Great people, good environment, great product, awesome discount.

Cons

Difficult customers, on-call shifts, poor management.

Excellent

I worked at Fossil full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People, Intellectually Challenging Work, Excellent environement

Cons

Limited promotion opportunities based on your role

Keep the good things going. You have a great company! The company's performance over the past 5-10 years, exhibits this!

Amazing workplace!

Former Employee - Sales/Watch Expert  in  Rockaway, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales/Watch Expert in Rockaway, NJ

I worked at Fossil part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Never appreciated a job so much until AFTER the store closed. Always felt liked and everybody worked together so well. Our mall wasn't as busy as it is now. Fossil should definitely come back to Rockaway Townsquare NJ! Amazing discount, felt like an important part of the sales team whether I was working 10 or 40 hours a week. Always loved visual merchandising which I helped with a lot.

Cons

The store closed, since the mall it was placed in was not as high end. I guess our mall didn't have as much of a need for it as it may now since we have higher end stores that have recently opened. Not really any sales, and only 25% off clearance was ever the actual sale for any holiday or Black Friday. That also didn't help with our low foot traffic.

Keep doing what you're doing. Great company to work for. Would kill to work there again as a manager since I have that experience now.

Intern

Former Employee - Design Intern  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Design Intern in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fossil as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Cool brand lots of neat stuff happening with the company they have a lot of perks like the employee store, gym at the facility, and they are always engaging they're workers with programs and events.

Cons

Run like a business, I was an intern and from the looks of things it seemed like yeah it was cool to intern there but I got the feeling that they kinda of took advantage of their interns in the sense that they would extend internships and have kids doing the same job as a designer who works for the company. Design teams would try to get interns hired but in the end HR wouldnt budge.

Collaborative, supportive field team

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Fossil full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, product, discount, global, fiscally responsible

Cons

Technology, leadership structure, PTO, under developed operations,

Great company culture. Leadership and management in some areas is lacking

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at Fossil full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are really smart and great people to work with and the products that the company produces and sells are very good. The on-site gym is a nice amenity.

Cons

Leadership in some of the areas of the company have people that do not seem to understand what they are doing. The IT organization struggles with mid-level leadership. Benefits package is not that great and seemed to be getting worse as costs get pushed out to employees more and more.

Leadership, leadership, leadership....good leaders make a huge difference in executing a business plan. You can't cut expenses to get back to the growth numbers from 5 years ago.

What you'd expect from an average retail position, friendly work environment, great managers.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Fossil part-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff was wonderful and the discounts were fabulous-50% off!!! The dress code was easy to follow and the managers try their best to work with your schedule.

Cons

It was hard to get enough hours when staring out. You have to fill certain quotas throughout an entire schedule cycle and if your numbers are too low, you have to work your way up from the bottom all over again. The logic behind sales also seems strange- they seem to prefer quantity (# of items per sale) over quality (overall $). On-Calls were also a nightmare to plan around.

A partial commission would be helpful to drive salespeople.

Worked for Fossil? Contribute to the Community!