Foster Wheeler

Foster Wheeler Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Foster Wheeler CEO and Director J. Kent Masters

J. Kent Masters

Pros
  • 9/80 work schedule allowed for a good amount of time off(in 4 reviews)

• Nice office (Houston headquarters), some nice people there, very good benefits (medical etc)(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary is favourable, but employee benefits require improvements, in particular annual leave days and medical benefits(in 3 reviews)

• Management have lost the plot, The old guard are hanging on a straw,too much Gossip(in 3 reviews)

Look Elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsCoworkers are talented and good people to work with.

ConsLost confidence in executive management's leadership and integrity.

my experiense with foster wheeler has lead me to believe in myself at a different level, my exspectations are greater.

Combo, Welder/Foreman (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsQuality from experience from different crafts coming together to do a project is as smooth as butter.
    productivity from comittment is a powerful goal for the hard workers on site.
    The respect that people give to one another for safety for us and our families.
    The kindness of each other to at least be a some what family through the others of the day we got to spend together.

Consdont really hav a down , only because i worked for other companies before and never really had such a respect for any company such as this one.

Advice to Senior Managementmaybe, the lack of communication when one is tryin to tell the reasons of missing work or maybe late. Being a female, and a mother, my responsibilty as a parent is kids first... their education their health, ect. dnt shut us out cuz were trying to explain.

Truly enjoyed working there! Tried to loosen up the place and individualsand make it fun for everyone to come to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosnice bldg. and good location. Flex time Great. Catered lunches you can buy and a lounge was build.

Consa mens world there. some managers have never been managers and are promoted to rapidly into positions. Hard to get kudo's

Advice to Senior ManagementTo much mgmt. turnover. PM's need to be more involved on Projects and keep employees that are able & willing to communicate with Clients. The procurement dept. needs a make-over (no personality)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Foster Wheeler was like family ... would work there again.

Civil Structural Designer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFoster Wheeler Civil Department has a tremendous group of people, a great department manager. For the most part employees seemed happy and very easy to work with. Do not get me wrong there are difficult people at Foster Wheeler, but they are the exception and not the rule.

ConsLet me see.... you have a long walk from the parking garage to the bank of elevators that take you to you office.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter Troy Roder left it seems as if the Houston jobs left as well. I know there are a lot of proposals for new work that is not producing work the Houston office. Bring Troy back to Houston, please.

Laid off from FW USA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMoved to a beautiful "green" facility on the west side of Houston, very accessible by freeway. Did their best as far as keeping people active on projects and having something to charge to before the layoffs.

ConsNepotism runs rampant here: hiring inexperienced friends at a higher salary while not bringing salary up to current market rates for more experienced and senior personnel (before the recession). Unfortunately, gossip and bringing personal problems to the work place have also had a negative impact on employee morale here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck to you in the Upstream Market. Improve and spend some money on a more updated and integrated EDMS system and other IT tools.

Excellent company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBenefits, flex time, modern clean office building, large usefull well thought out workspace, every other weekend is a 3 day weekend with Friday off.

ConsHaving to spend 9 hours plus lunch everyday in the office in order to earn that every other Friday off. Absolutely bizzare design of the water faucets in the bathroom lavatories.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe will survive the Obama administration. The economy will recover and we will be busy again. Keep up the good work and vote against politicians that hurt our business.

One year at Foster Wheeler

Product Manager (Former Employee) Clinton, NJ

ProsThe pros are the following:
    Educational assistance
    Relocation Package

ConsCareer Path help from supervisor
    Training for career development

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer path development for young engineers

Overall, Foster Wheeler is a great company to work at but great disparity between offices regarding management ability

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Bangkok (Thailand)

ProsFlexible working hours, so much good hard working individuals trying to give the company a boost.

ConsSome office project management offices need a better understanding of project requirements and employee benefits.

Excellent company if you are cautious

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent working environment. Scope to improve your knowledge.

ConsHR's manpower planning to be improved. Some of the employees were terminated without notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerformance of managers to be reviewed.

Staff ethics are poor, most are just there to collect a pay check.

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible working in the true sense, good salary compared to others in the reading area. Real opportunities to work oversea on good packages.

ConsNo expectation to high achieve, full of whole family units, husbands wife's and their adult sons daughter, brothers sisters all using the company as a cash cow. Staff very unhelpful, no one willing to explain when asked questions which relate to their role just get vacant looks and expressions. The management still operate like its 1980, staff must know their place.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy more younger professionals, to dilute the dated and insular culture.

Worked for Foster Wheeler? Contribute to the Community!