Foster Wheeler

Foster Wheeler Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Foster Wheeler CEO and Director J. Kent Masters

J. Kent Masters

Pros
  • 9/80 work schedule allowed for a good amount of time off(in 4 reviews)

• Nice office (Houston headquarters), some nice people there, very good benefits (medical etc)(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Salary is favourable, but employee benefits require improvements, in particular annual leave days and medical benefits(in 3 reviews)

• Management have lost the plot, The old guard are hanging on a straw,too much Gossip(in 3 reviews)

Good company to work for.

Mechanic (Former Employee) Saint Johns, AZ

ProsGood people, good benefits, and health benefits.

ConsPeople are just hiring their own relatives.

Good experience, especially for up and coming young professionals.

Validation Engineer (Current Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

ProsGreat job opportunities as a contractor.

ConsNo real cons as a contractor

Worst working experience

Anonymous (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros9/80 schedule that's the only pro!!!!

ConsGossip, back-stabbing. High turnover. Management doesn't care. They place people in management roles based solely on a friendship. Experience is not needed if you have a friend in a higher position. Lazy employees, no real idea of processes & procedures. Benefits are not good anymore. Raises are a joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the drawing board & start all over!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former great company in America, dedicated to safety and integrity of engineering design and construction

Senior Structural Design/Checker (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorking as a team to perform a high quality product for our clients. We always helped each other to qualify for a better understanding of presentation to construction management..

ConsNew management not having the values of older management that originally brought the company to international recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementBottoms up management works great when dealing with field construction people.
    Everything must be clear in presenting engineering drawings that have integrity.

Great people but there were a lot of politics

ProsGreat people
    Lots of expertise
    Fun projects

ConsWay too much red tape
    Office Space like with TPS reports

eh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosstepping stone, made some good connections to follow after they moved on.

Conspoor organization, planning, execution, and communication.

Advice to Senior Managementgo back to 2008 and see why it worked then but not now.

My experience was good, knowledgeable, a great company to work for.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsProposal Department was busy department, challenging able, my trainee was very trained and very professional.

ConsThe hours for working in the proposal hard, they expected you to work long hours and weekend too.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to stop playing games with employees and be honest with employees. Help employees, care about the employees, stand behind your employees, but most of all respect your employees

Very Mediocre company.

Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThere isn't a real incentive to target this company unless you are unemployed.

ConsThere isn't a real incentive to target this company unless you are unemployed. This company isn't a world class company yet. They want to be but they haven't made it as yet. Upper management has turned over a number of times in the past few years, leaving you with an unstable feel. The recent buyout by AMEC contributes to this feeling also.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead "Cons" closely.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company

ProsEveryone you work with is helpful and pleasant

ConsNo problems at this time

Do not stay there for long if you have better opportunities.

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery good place for a fresh graduate engineer to start works with. The health benefits and retirement plans are excellent.

ConsThe HR people are an not very helpful for international employees. The management has very strict policy on matters like internet browsing, check-in times etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managment should be more encouraging to empower employees according to their talent and interests.

Worked for Foster Wheeler? Contribute to the Community!