Foth Reviews

Randy Homel

1. Resource Center Manager

Current Employee - Resource Center Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Resource Center Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Foth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company love the culture and people. When the CEO says his priority is to invest in human capital you know you work for a company that puts its employees first. I am truly proud to be part of this organization. It has not been since my time in the military that I have felt such team work, camaraderie and professionalism. If you have the opportunity to work for Foth it is a chance of a lifetime.

Cons

As a growing company it is hard to get new high quality employees. With unemployment low the biggest challenge we have is not keeping great employees but rather adding new. However growth is a good problem to have. I sure would not want to have the opposite.

Advice to Management

We are definitely on the right track and I am onboard with the direction we have been provided by our leadership. I can't wait to see how good we will be in the future. We are in a good place.

2. Still an Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Recruiting Technical Advisor in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Recruiting Technical Advisor in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Foth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After 9 years I still believe I have the best job in the company as Foth’s Recruiting Technical Advisor. I get to interact regularly with nearly every aspect of our organization, travel to many of our office locations and interact with our members on a regular basis. Foth is a work hard play hard type of company, I am glad they took a chance on a 22 year Air Force Veteran.

Cons

Because we are consultants and travel to our clients sites for project work our interview process, at times, is longer than candidates might expect.

Advice to Management

Keep up the targeted focus and growth plans for the next 75 years, remember to treat our members and clients with respect and keep true to our Core Values!

3. Senior Staff

Current Employee - Senior Staff in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Staff in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Foth full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that cares about their members. As consultants the need to travel is higher than the average job. However, the company is dedicated to helping the member, and their family while away from home. I've had my lawn cut, the snow shoveled and my wife even got a ride to an appointment. They recognize the hardship travel can have on a family. Also, they create a great work environment with family picnics, ballgames, summer outings, Santa breakfast, Halloween parties, Christmas parties, recognition dinners just to name a few. Finally, the opportunity to advance your career is supported by tuition reimbursement, professional licensure, stretch assignments, mentoring programs, career discussions and planning sessions.

Cons

With 19 office locations, adjusting to working with remote project teams on larger scale projects.

Advice to Management

Remained focused on your members and clients. Great to see opportunities within your company vs. having to seek them elsewhere.

5. Lead Packaging Specialist

Current Employee - Lead Packaging Specialist in Carthage, MO
    Current Employee - Lead Packaging Specialist in Carthage, MO

I have been working at Foth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Engineering consulting firm that really wants to promote the value of every member.

Cons

Turn over of managers has been a little high

Advice to Management

Be cautious of client contracts.

6. Current member and owner

I have been working at Foth

Pros

Member owned and offers ownership to members who have earned it. Great employer

Cons

Only that they take client centered services seriously and your asked to work hard for their customers.

Advice to Management

Keep growing

7. Well structured, but perhaps too much?

Current Employee - Electrical Technician in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Electrical Technician in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Foth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything an employee needs will be ordered, or made to happen. It has an amazing orientation and familiarization plan for new hires.

Cons

They are 100% about the bottom line. If you aren't producing, you are gone. They care absolutely zero about personal impacts on employees losing their nice paying positions. I was let go simply because the department was outsourcing, however I had skills that would allow me to place into other open positions and they did not want to work with me on it. There was a constant sense that the other employees remained guarded and focused to the point that they were not friendly

Advice to Management

Loosen the reigns a little around the office and start CARING about your resources. Letting a person go because they had two weeks training time, not billable, affects more than your budget... it affects lives.

Awesome place to work and recruit for!

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Foth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great life/work balance, competitive compensation and benefits, culture, and they do some really cool stuff as engineering consultants.

Cons

I don't get to travel as much as I would like to.

Advice to Management

Remember to have fun!

Foth as a very good place to work

I have been working at Foth

Pros

Challenging work, good opportunities, good compensation for travel and extra effort, office was close to where I lived, client centered service and the stated values of the company, the long term client relationship model where the company selected the clients they wanted to work with sometimes years before they got their first order.

Cons

Didn't offer sufficient constructive help when some aspects of a project did not go as they would have liked. 360 feedback would get back to you indirectly that made it hard to take corrective action on. Instead leaders tended to ignore you rather then work on addressing problems with personel.

Advice to Management

You all do a great job overall. You often do leave your talent out on their own which is generally good, but when constructive corrective action is needed or desired, the "corrective action" is lacking. Everyone is to busy to do the necessary work to avoid throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

RSS Feed </> Embed