Foth Reviews

Updated July 21, 2014
Updated July 21, 2014
3.9

Randy Homel

Awesome place to work and recruit for!

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Foth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great life/work balance, competitive compensation and benefits, culture, and they do some really cool stuff as engineering consultants.

Cons

I don't get to travel as much as I would like to.

Remember to have fun!

Well structured, but perhaps too much?

Current Employee - Electrical Technician in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Electrical Technician in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Foth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everything an employee needs will be ordered, or made to happen. It has an amazing orientation and familiarization plan for new hires.

Cons

They are 100% about the bottom line. If you aren't producing, you are gone. They care absolutely zero about personal impacts on employees losing their nice paying positions. I was let go simply because the department was outsourcing, however I had skills that would allow me to place into other open positions and they did not want to work with me on it. There was a constant sense that the other employees remained guarded and focused to the point that they were not friendly

Loosen the reigns a little around the office and start CARING about your resources. Letting a person go because they had two weeks training time, not billable, affects more than your budget... it affects lives.

Foth as a very good place to work

I have been working at Foth

Pros

Challenging work, good opportunities, good compensation for travel and extra effort, office was close to where I lived, client centered service and the stated values of the company, the long term client relationship model where the company selected the clients they wanted to work with sometimes years before they got their first order.

Cons

Didn't offer sufficient constructive help when some aspects of a project did not go as they would have liked.
    360 feedback would get back to you indirectly that made it hard to take corrective action on.
    Instead leaders tended to ignore you rather then work on addressing problems with personel.

You all do a great job overall. You often do leave your talent out on their own which is generally good, but when constructive corrective action is needed or desired, the "corrective action" is lacking. Everyone is to busy to do the necessary work to avoid throwing out the baby with the bathwater.