Foundation Financial Group Reviews

Mark Boyer

1. Loan Officer Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Foundation Financial Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company while they were in business.

Cons

They eventually went out of business.

2. Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Loganville, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Loganville, GA

I have been working at Foundation Financial Group (More than a year)

Pros

Learning the tools of a business analyst

Cons

The amount of pay for the amount of work

3. Sales Management Trainee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Foundation Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

FFG invest a great deal of time in training employees to efficiently perform cold calls. There are multiple sales trainings through out the day with the entire division as well as with your team. Through the Sales Management Trainee program, trainees are allowed to take state loan officer test at the company's expense.

Cons

FFG churns through employees. During my 3 months of working there I became mentally cold to people getting fired or leaving the company. Each day you make over 500 calls to leads you have been working for weeks. Customers have never heard of FFG, the company's only means of marketing is through the calls we made each day. All in all do not waste your time with FFG, soon after I was fired the entire division was let go. This company will teach you how to communicate over the phone, but with their practices this company does not deserve quality workers.

Advice to Management

Value your people more.

5. Work Hard, Play Hard, But really just work hard.

Pros

Good pay, nice office views.

Cons

The managers work you like crazy and then interrupt you to tell you that you aren't doing your job. I probably could if you didnt check in on me every 15 mins.

6. Lots of high pressure situations with the great opportunity to move up in your career.

Former Employee - Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Loan Officer

Pros

Great advancement opportunity Pay is pretty competitive. Constant Training. I like the location and the tools/supplies available to me was above and beyond.

Cons

There is a lot of micro-managment. Some high pressure deadlines. I never felt as if I had job security. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Let your employees breath.

7. ok job, bad hours, cool people

Pros

job was ok, people were very cool. product was terrible, ownership would not change with the times.

Cons

owners were super greedy, worked everyone to the bone. they also wouldn't delve into new areas, preferring to stick with a very limited product base.

Advice to Management

listen to upper management and ceo

8. Working as employee

Current Employee - Woeker in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Woeker in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Foundation Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and great benefit

Cons

Long hours and tough management skills

Advice to Management

Work on hiring

9. Perfect job for recent college graduate.

Pros

Stability. Experience. Growing company. Opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Long hours. Little pay at first, but it goes up once you become licensed. Emotionally challenging trying to meet sales goals and balance work/home life.

Advice to Management

Be more selective with hiring to decrease turn over rate.

10. They got an lot right, and it was a valuable experience, unfortunately they placed all their eggs in the wrong basket

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Foundation Financial Group full-time

Pros

- Company Culture - Great training and support - Continuous refreshers on a weekly basis - Bonus structure for licensed employees - Atmosphere and co-workers were great - Philanthropic involvement - Benefits - Clearly defined promotion track

Cons

- Saturdays required sometimes - Pay was only "OK" unless you hit bonus - Some managers like to mricro-manage which can stunt your growth as a professional - Too much focus on "the numbers" ,

Advice to Management

- Biggest advice would have been to embrace purchase loans and not focus soley on refinancies, as the market is/was turning away from them. - Great job on the company culture, it really felt like there was a level of caring and concern that isn't present in many places. Keep up the great work. - Be honest about Satrudays, they are a punishment for not hitting sales targets, don't insult people by trying to dress mandatory Saturdays up as an "opportunity" to bring in business, the numbers don't support that notion. - Speaking of numbers; sales numbers work over time, but in a particular 2hr time span the numbers don't always pan out. Save the threats and lofty speeches for weekly, or monthly reviews and don't sweat small inconsistencies throughout the day

11. Good Entry Level Start

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Bedford, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Bedford, TX

I have been working at Foundation Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office was great at times

Cons

Cold Calling was horrible. Manager tried to have us do jumping jacks in the office.

Advice to Management

Increase Pay

RSS Feed </> Embed