Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center

Updated January 27, 2015
8 reviews filtered by
3.3
CEO

Sometimes it just felt like family.

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Fountain Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You meet the most amazing people culturally, intellectually and at times you feel like you are a part of the TEAM.

Cons

The only challenging part of this job is the language barrier. I encourage anyone to take advantage of the English speaking family members to gather basic words of communication for your field and practice, practice, practice !!! Trust me it makes the job easier when people understand why you're there and why you need to touch them.

Other working staff members should be able to have unions or given the opportunity to join. Nurses are protected, why isn't everyone considered ? Isn't everyone's job equally important in some form ?

2. Past Days

Former Employee - Tumor Registrar in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Tumor Registrar in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center

Pros

I liked Tenet and Fountain Valley. Unfortunately, the hospital had changed. They had the greatest HR manager while I was there, unfortunately he retired. He was so "gung ho" on everything. He would email us with so much enthusiasm.

Cons

Allowing micro management and bullying to go on regardless of reports to ethics.

Try not to control everything. You can't control some employees.

3. Horrible Management

Former Employee - Admitting Representative in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Admitting Representative in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for random shifts part time this is the place. You'll be shifted all over the place with no set schedule.

Cons

Don't expect a full time position unless they fire someone. Politics are rampant here. Very negative environment.

Current management needs to eave the company so they can bring in some fresh talent to oversee the departments. Most if not all of the management overseeing the Admitting department (which is an outside company) needs psychological counseling, they are negative, rude, extremely condescending, patronizing, and cause major issues with staff. They don't appear to have any managerial experience or ability to run the department in a professional manner. They lack the ability to control their emotions, are extremely negative and depressing to work with. They treat the staff as if they were low level slaves at their disposal.

5. Professional, Clean, Great atmosphere

Former Employee - Central Supply Tech in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Central Supply Tech in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, caring and supportive supervisors, good pay, and they do their best to accommodate your outside schedules.

Cons

Possible exposure to contagious diseases, but I was never sick.

Stay focused on Employee Satisfaction!

6. Overall rating of FVRH

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Fountain Valley, CA

Pros

The people. You have some dedicated staff in each department. Many of them are team players and will help others, while some just do the job and leave. We don't follow the same pt and increased communication between CMs may help discharge and keep a pt out of the hospital longer.

Cons

It should be a requirement that the pt be able to understand the nurse. When I was a pt, I had to ask foreign nurses to speak slower, directly to me and about specifics. Don't get me wrong but older patients have more problems with hearing and if they passively say yes and don't understand, whose fault is it if a patient comes back.

The training is uneven. You can't expect evening and wknd people to catch on write away. There isn't assistance on the wknd from corporate. Coming in for four hours may not be enough for everyone.
    I have to say this: Corporate needs to realize that a stronger UM/UR Dept means greater reimbursement for the hospital. We don't always get breaks because no one is covering for us. We are one person on the floor. We could have clocked out and are side tracked. We don't have two-five pts. We have 20+. The more detailed we are in a review. The more the insurance company isn't going to work with us. Vitals and "awaiting results of bloodwork" is not enough to hold a pt.
    Walk the floor and talk to us more frequently. See where problems could be from being hands on. You may pull up reviews online, but a lot of communication isn't recorded. Mgmt doesn't know about the difficulty reaching someone or obtaining information for DME, transfers, meds that aren't covered by insurance. It's how many reviews and discharges are done. How are we preparing for Obamacare? More people having insurance means more people getting checked out for the first time. I see an increase in some communicable diseases because they are not hidden behind doors (pts without insurance who are afraid of a high bill) and longer waits for PCP appts.

7. good to work.

Former Employee - Nurse in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Fountain Valley, CA

Pros

old fashioned but trying to catch up

Cons

short staff and not so enough resources

I was a loyal hard-working employee that was treated very unjustly and let go.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

I have been working at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center

Pros

The people I worked with are great!! Great benefits and flexable work schedules. I love my co-workers!!! Great group of people!!

Cons

Accusations to employees with no proof it was actually that employee in question. Employees used as scape-goats for problems that were all around due to new changes being made by management--and the new changes weren't working!

Trust your valued, loyal, hard-working employees! They are a great asset to the company! Treat them fairly and listen to them and don't be so quick to blame and judge!! Thereby getting rid of a good employee to protect others that were in the exact same situation!! UNFAIR!

9. fair and decent place to work

I have been working at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center

Pros

fair pay, benefits(medical, dental, vision), location, state of the art medical equipment, free and easy on-site parking, easy access, good patient education.

Cons

low patient compliance, most patients do not speak english,

Work at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center? Share Your Experiences

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center