Four Oaks of Iowa

Add Photos

Jim Ernst

Accounting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsThe people who work are great.

ConsPay is low then a profit company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the benefits.

Very fulfilling yet challenging experience helping others lives that will always stick with you.

Youth Counselor (Former Employee) Monticello, IA

ProsYou could be that person, or one of a few, who changes a troubled kid's life for the better path. Excellent work experience for future work. Fulfilling.

Consburn out, high turn over(not for everyone), - work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining of new employees should have a higher importance.

Horrible

Family Support Worker (Former Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsOpens your eyes to the social services in the area.
    If you want to be a babysitter for parents and a taxi for their kids you might like this job.

ConsLack of support from supervisors
    Rude and unprofessional supervisors
    When I asked for support on what to do for one family I was instructed that the mother was a druggie always would be there was nothing I could do and to just supervise the visits because she was never going to get her kids back.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire some managers who actually care about their employees and the people they serve. I know there is a high turnover for this position, please look at the supervisors to find your reason why.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Youth Counselors

ProsThe Company is doing great at trying to change things a trauma informed care. T

ConsSupervisors do not support their employees. Employees are discouraged a lot and they do not get a lot of feedback on the progress that they are making. When their is a problem and an employee goes above that co worker it can cause a lot of issues. There are supervisors who encourage negative talk to both clients and employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and make sure that your employees and clients are not being bullied by other staff.

Worked for Four Oaks of Iowa? Contribute to the Community!