Four Rivers Software Systems

1. Good Company to work for

Current Employee - TMS CAFM SPECIALIST in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - TMS CAFM SPECIALIST in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems

Pros

Supervisors allow the employee to set their on pace. Work from home. Travel as need to meet with upper management.

Cons

Company was recently acquired by Accruent, LLC. Unknown factor of how recent acquisition is going to affect employees and job.

Advice to Management

Keep employees up to date on company changes.

2. TCS CAFE SPECIALIST

Former Employee - TMS CAFM SPECIALIST in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - TMS CAFM SPECIALIST in Athens, GA

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems

Pros

Good job and good supervisors.

Cons

Recently purchased by another company

Advice to Management

Encourage workers more.

3. Great People - Changing Culture

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems

Pros

The people are great to work with. I had one of the best bosses at any place I've worked.

Cons

Recently sold, new culture is aimed at recent college grads and not towards mid-level careers. Lots of people were let go, and many others have left.

Advice to Management

Keep your senior people - you need SMEs. Embrace the success of remote culture - Austin is a great town, but you have an entire country of excellent employees already.

5. Former employee. Good company and co-workers.

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems

Pros

Work from home option,decent salary and benefits.

Cons

More training needed for support analysts.

6. Good Company - If you're willing to work for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home; schedule flexibility; compensation; small company so it's easy to know everyone; team driven; Opportunities exist or are created, but you have to be willing to work and put effort into your position

Cons

Small company so advancement can take time; sometimes slow to learn from mistakes; been know to hire C players that aren't right for the position

Advice to Management

Work to make sure A players stay on board by providing value to those individuals.

7. Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, growth potential, family company, excellent earnings.I really feel this company cares about me, more than any other company I have worked for.

Cons

Bad Hiring, People that dont do their jobs can drain you and the process.

Advice to Management

Listen on the product enhancements and recommendations

A learning experience, to say the least

Former Employee - Information Technology in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home, dress code, commute

Cons

Working from home..... this can get old quickly, poor training techniques. Everything seems to be very reactionary and not thought out very well. That is the most surprising since so many little things are over analyzed and micromanaged to the point where it's hilarious, until of course you realize you're waist deep in it yourself. You'll see a salary offer higher than what you may from other jobs simply because they have a hard time keeping people, I remember one month seeing 6 employees leave, which for company of 80 people or so is a lot. Management seems to move around very often too, which is unsettling if you're an employee, everything always seems to have a hint of shadiness to it as well. For myself I had planned to evaluate the job after an extended period of time, but within 3-4 months I realized that they didn't really seem like a very good company to work for and the type of work that I was doing, was basically a dead end unless I planned to sign on for the long haul. I really think there would be more turn over here, but I'd guess 60-70% of the people do stay on for the ability to work from home. For me it wasn't worth it, I tried to think back to a previous job that I absolutely dreaded going to more and I could not match it, not even when I was washing dishes as a 16 yr old for the summer.

Advice to Management

Focus on actually being a better company and skip the dog and pony show

9. Great environment providing growth opportunities.

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home provides great work-life balance. There are growth opportunities for those that want to learn. Although the training plans are extensive, you control the implementation and there are many resources available to make sure you are successful. The benefits are above average and very affordable.

Cons

Although video is used extensively for meetings, some miss the personal face to face interaction.

Advice to Management

Learn from bad hire mistakes so that they aren't repeated.

Worst career move ever.

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time

Pros

Getting to work from home was nice at first. Then you realize you can't network with anyone because you have no time to actually talk with your co-workers.

Cons

Where do I begin. First they are incredibly false and sneaky when it comes to your performance. They will fire you without warning. They have this idea that if you don't do things exactly their way then you are in fact wrong. For example you must write emails their format or they are "unprofessional". They claim to have this great robust training program, don't believe it for a second it is totally false. They give you a list of stuff to do on your own and then never help you with any of it. Then expect you to know as much as the people that have been there for years. Upper management makes very irrational decisions. For example hiring someone to a management role that has absolutely 0 experience with the company and knows less than most of the employees they already have. This same person they hired also came in and tired to changed the all mighty 4 rivers way and they were totally oblivious to it because he fed them a bunch of lies. They are not a very robust company. They really only have 1 product (their CMMS) that sells. The 2 other products are not up to industry standards (not my opinion but that of many people in the industry I came in contact with) so they are a 1 trick pony. Also them being only healthcare focused they are running out of potential new customers. I promise you that if you take this job you can not make any money.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees. Also instead of hiring someone to a management position that is totally new to the company maybe you should look into hiring from within.

If you are in Sales Stay away

Former Employee - Sales in Midwest City, OK
    Former Employee - Sales in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is when you leave.Upper management runs the company for themselves .They have huge turnover. Still claiming HCA as a customer because they purchased perpetual software license years ago, never mind that HCA no longer uses or buy maintenance

Cons

If you take a job with these guys keep looking management is never satisfied and you will have 4-5 hours a day of training followed by MICROMANGEMENT. Every call is logged via the PC, every key stroke, every E mail, and they expect you to blog every day on what you learned and how you can do better. This place is THE BORG

Advice to Management

You are in a dead market sell out.

RSS Feed </> Embed