Four Rivers Software Systems

2.6

Henry Wilde

Good Company - If you're willing to work for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home; schedule flexibility; compensation; small company so it's easy to know everyone; team driven; Opportunities exist or are created, but you have to be willing to work and put effort into your position

Cons

Small company so advancement can take time; sometimes slow to learn from mistakes; been know to hire C players that aren't right for the position

Work to make sure A players stay on board by providing value to those individuals.

Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, growth potential, family company, excellent earnings.I really feel this company cares about me, more than any other company I have worked for.

Cons

Bad Hiring, People that dont do their jobs can drain you and the process.

Listen on the product enhancements and recommendations

A learning experience, to say the least

Former Employee - Information Technology in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working from home, dress code, commute

Cons

Working from home..... this can get old quickly, poor training techniques. Everything seems to be very reactionary and not thought out very well. That is the most surprising since so many little things are over analyzed and micromanaged to the point where it's hilarious, until of course you realize you're waist deep in it yourself. You'll see a salary offer higher than what you may from other jobs simply because they have a hard time keeping people, I remember one month seeing 6 employees leave, which for company of 80 people or so is a lot. Management seems to move around very often too, which is unsettling if you're an employee, everything always seems to have a hint of shadiness to it as well. For myself I had planned to evaluate the job after an extended period of time, but within 3-4 months I realized that they didn't really seem like a very good company to work for and the type of work that I was doing, was basically a dead end unless I planned to sign on for the long haul. I really think there would be more turn over here, but I'd guess 60-70% of the people do stay on for the ability to work from home. For me it wasn't worth it, I tried to think back to a previous job that I absolutely dreaded going to more and I could not match it, not even when I was washing dishes as a 16 yr old for the summer.

Focus on actually being a better company and skip the dog and pony show

Great environment providing growth opportunities.

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home provides great work-life balance. There are growth opportunities for those that want to learn. Although the training plans are extensive, you control the implementation and there are many resources available to make sure you are successful. The benefits are above average and very affordable.

Cons

Although video is used extensively for meetings, some miss the personal face to face interaction.

Learn from bad hire mistakes so that they aren't repeated.

Worst career move ever.

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time

Pros

Getting to work from home was nice at first. Then you realize you can't network with anyone because you have no time to actually talk with your co-workers.

Cons

Where do I begin. First they are incredibly false and sneaky when it comes to your performance. They will fire you without warning. They have this idea that if you don't do things exactly their way then you are in fact wrong. For example you must write emails their format or they are "unprofessional". They claim to have this great robust training program, don't believe it for a second it is totally false. They give you a list of stuff to do on your own and then never help you with any of it. Then expect you to know as much as the people that have been there for years. Upper management makes very irrational decisions. For example hiring someone to a management role that has absolutely 0 experience with the company and knows less than most of the employees they already have. This same person they hired also came in and tired to changed the all mighty 4 rivers way and they were totally oblivious to it because he fed them a bunch of lies. They are not a very robust company. They really only have 1 product (their CMMS) that sells. The 2 other products are not up to industry standards (not my opinion but that of many people in the industry I came in contact with) so they are a 1 trick pony. Also them being only healthcare focused they are running out of potential new customers. I promise you that if you take this job you can not make any money.

Don't lie to your employees. Also instead of hiring someone to a management position that is totally new to the company maybe you should look into hiring from within.

If you are in Sales Stay away

Former Employee - Sales in Midwest City, OK
    Former Employee - Sales in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro is when you leave.Upper management runs the company for themselves .They have huge turnover. Still claiming HCA as a customer because they purchased perpetual software license years ago, never mind that HCA no longer uses or buy maintenance

Cons

If you take a job with these guys keep looking management is never satisfied and you will have 4-5 hours a day of training followed by MICROMANGEMENT. Every call is logged via the PC, every key stroke, every E mail, and they expect you to blog every day on what you learned and how you can do better. This place is THE BORG

You are in a dead market sell out.

If in Sales, sell too much and they reduce your commission rate.

Current Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems

Pros

- ability to work from home
    - good benefits package
    - good employees and staff
    - good use of technology for managing sales contacts

Cons

- Very poor management in terms of positively motivating staff
    - Micromanaged in terms of daily activities, tunnel vision in terms of new ideas
    - Sales compensation adjusted every year, and if you made too much the preceding year the commission rates get cut WAY down
    - Very poor record with regards to supporting existing customers, leading to loss of core customer base
    - Job performance becomes amazingly poor about 30 days before next personnel review, ALWAYS

If you have staff who are getting the job done, and done well, do not focus on "number of phone call" metrics. Focus on the results and customer satisfaction. You're making your competitors' jobs easier.

Micromanaged; poor decision making/no direction from the top.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Four Rivers Software Systems

Pros

- Ability to work from home four days a week.
    - Company paid training with Microsoft.
    - Technology is up to date.
    - You could move and keep your position, due to the work from home ability.
    - You could use company time to engage in "learning time" (by proving it relevant to job function).

Cons

- Working from home left you feeling isolated; even if you didn't and chose to come in, no one else was in the office.
    - Micromanaged.
    - Certain decisions coming from the top didn't seem well thought out at times.
    - You had to track your time daily, in as small as five minute intervals.
    - You were required to have a certain amount of learning time each month, no exceptions. (When growing yourself feels forced, it can certainly seem less interesting; see next point).
    - Below average potential for growth/promotion.
    - Cliquey.

- Don't micromanage.
    - Let your employees grow and thrive, instead of trying to force it.
    - Stick to what you're good at.

No focus

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems

Pros

Ability to work from home upto 4 days a week. Flexibility. Good sales team. Great product. Cutting edge technologies and skilled engineers.

Cons

Very poor management. Management is very passive. Management changes around every few months. Prefers to ignore problems. No incentives or recognition for achievements. No clear roadmap or focus.

Hire decision makers - individuals who can lead and motivate. Stop hiring senior management that are passive and are too scared to make decisions.

Run by the man who knows it all

I have been working at Four Rivers Software Systems

Pros

Salaries paid are at or above average. The company is privately owned thus the President and CEO can make decisions that would likely result in shareholder disapproval if public. Many of the employees are excellent at their job and enjoy the work they do.

Cons

The President is proud of having a near 60% new hire turnover rate. Senior management makes it known that if employees make it two years they are golden and then anticipated to be lifers. In contrast to the above noted Pro, the President makes all decisions in the company. Running the company is the life of the President and this is the expectation for the staff.

Quit making all decisions, you have a number of capable employees that would be even better if provided the opportunity to grow. While a focus on sales is required, don't continue to lose sight of servicing the customers that have allowed the company to survive and grow.