Four Seasons Health Care

Updated January 19, 2015
1.8

Four Seasons Health Care Chairman Ian Smith
Ian Smith

The residents are the driving force behind my work.

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work with SOME great people (sadly not all) and the residents are lovely.

Cons

Staff are taken on to fill staff shortages - many are unskilled. The training is inadequate and inconsistent.
    Poor carers are training new staff - which yields poor standards of care.

Look at the training strategies within the homes and understand that e-learning does not fulfill everyones needs.
    Pay all staff a fair and decent wage - dont pay the head chef almost as much as a trained nurse, then pay your senior carer the same as the pot wash!!! Reward staff for their hardwork and dedication. Reward those who are doing their jobs well and exceed expectations. Coach and train those who are struggling - its a tough job in ALL roles - not just care. Give people the chance of advancement,
    TRAIN THEM PROPERLY - PAY THEM PROPERLY - APPRECIATE THEM!!

good for starting career

Former Employee - Care Assistant in Hemsworth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Care Assistant in Hemsworth, England (UK)

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I worked there, I was blessed to have an excellent team and nurse. They taught me so much I went on to train for registration.

Cons

There is a bullying culture. This being a reason I left. Having your views and concerns disregarded is terrifying especially when they concern the service users and their care.

The audits and "spot" checks are not a surprise the staff clean and prepare endlessly for the checks. In order to get a true feel for the level of care provided surprise checks need to be done. Especially on a night time!

Could be a lot better

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The residents are great, that's the reason I go to work! The management team at my current Home are reasonably supportive.

Cons

Pay is poor, no benefits such as sick pay. A culture of favouritism and hiring a number of employees from the same families. The work is heavy, not enough hoists or equipment. Bullying is tolerated.

Reward your staff who stay by introducing more benefits

Awful place to work

Former Employee - Care Assistant
    Former Employee - Care Assistant

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care full-time

Pros

Other care staff are friendly and do their best to help residents.

Cons

Where to begin? Management are more concerned with selling rooms rather than the actual care of the residents already in the homes. As a carer I get paid minimum wage for a very physically and mentally demanding job. You can sometimes be doing the job of others due to staff shortages - never even a thanks for your hard work let alone a reward for doing the extra work. The management of the home and regional managers seem to have absolutely zero respect for the care staff, they just see us as expendable to be replaced if/when we leave. I've never been spoken to as badly by a boss as I have working for Four Seasons health care. Residents are neglected due to the low staffing levels - management rarely leave their office's to help in such instances. The company seems to skimp by paying out the bare minimum for necessary items such as continence pads and hoisting equipment. There are absolutely zero benefits, its a minimum wage job, no sick pay, no extra pay on bank holidays, no reward for putting in extra work, zero chance of a promotions beyond senior carer. I would never ever recommend anybody work for this company.

See the above and put it right.

Shocking caring company do not care about staff

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lovely patients , some staff lovely but most just come to work for the money and they are poorly paid so can't be bothered

Cons

No incentives for care staff no promotions senior team employ family

Wake up and smell the coffee

Care sector

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the most part, elderly care services staff are wonderful and offer much needed support

Cons

Lack of funding means staff are paid bare minimum

To retain staff a fair wage needs to be paid

Worst company ever

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care

Pros

None as no positives to name

Cons

brushing poor care standards under the carpet.senior management lying to relatives and staff.poor staffing levels.lack of equipment.unsafe care practices

Smell the coffee and realise that the resident deserve high quality care.

the best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I am listened to. senior management make it very clear that quality of care for all residents is their priority, they don't tolerate bad practice and do their best to support all staff to deliver the best care for all.

they listened when we said elearning was not for everyone and now we have better face to face training.

the dementia team are outstanding and are always there to support us

Cons

there has been a past culture of blame with some previous MDs and ODs (they don't work for the company anymore) but our new CEO is very approachable and we are now supported a lot more

keep listening to your staff.
    don't just take any Home Managers as these can 'make or break' a home
    continue to listen to the views of your residents

Under paid and unappreciated

Current Employee - Senior Care Assistant Nights in Newark on Trent, England (UK)

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time

Pros

The residents and the staff are so nice

Cons

Long hours and very hard work

Meet your employees and show them they are appreciated. Worked here 3.5 yrs never meet a boss yet

Bad management

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care

Pros

Taking care of the residents, SOME staff..

Cons

Ok, here goes.
    If your face fits your job will be amazing what I mean by this is if your family of the managers!
    The management speak to you as though you are a naughty child.
    It doesn't matter what you do you can never do your job right ( meaning not cleaning a toilet properly) not actually anything to do with a resident.
    If you sit with a resident for more than 10 minutes you get told to go do some work, the meals are shocking and the activities are even worse.
    Things get overlooked if your up the managers bum.
    Also if you phone in sick the management tells you you need to go in (D&V) which can harm and old person. Also if you phone in sick over Christmas they will do everything in there power to get rid of you and sack you. Shocking.

Don't work with your family.
    Do some training so you know what your doing
    think of the residents that pat £500+ a week and not when your next cigarette will be.

Four Seasons Health Care Photos

Entrance to Carleton Care Home (Photo thanks to Geograph user Evelyn Simak, Some Rights Reserved)
Aarondale House care home (Photo thanks to Geograph user Roger Smith, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo