Four Seasons Reviews

Reset
3.8
Four Seasons CEO Allen Smith
Allen Smith

Pros
  • Great benefits and office environment (in 22 reviews)

• very strong engagement with the guests build a deep relationship with the company and staff around the world (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be a little "off" depending on what department you work in (in 25 reviews)

• long hours and can usually expect to work overtime (in 17 reviews)

1. High standards and great management make this hotel chain a dream to work for.

Former Employee - Front Desk in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Four Seasons

Pros

The Four Seasons has a great track record from hiring and promoting employees from within. Great benefits such as free room nights and 50% off food and beverage while visiting any Four Seasons also add to the great perks of working for this hotel chain. The high level of standards and the strong work ethic that is taught to employees is admirable and makes people proud to be a part of this company.

Cons

Working on holidays and weekends.

Advice to Management

I was always impressed how the General Manager showed the same level of respect for the on site engineers, housekeeping staff, etc. as he did for fellow senior management. It united all of the employees and kept the morale high.

2. Best Hotel Company to work for and with.

Current Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager

I have been working at Four Seasons

Pros

Four Seasons is a great company to work for. Four Seasons walks the talk when it comes to the philosophy of the Golden Rule-- treating other people as you wish to be treated. The culture of a Four Seasons Hotel is one of friendliness and everyone helping each other out. Four Seasons believes in hiring from with in and supporting its employees and managers. Even during and economic downturn the company is doing all it can to ensure its employees keep their jobs.

Cons

We all know that hours in hospitality and the compensation are long, but working for a company like Four Seasons that is dedicated to being the best in class in all locations it makes it okay that we work the hours we do and make the money we do as well.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and support your hourly employees who are in the trenches each and every day making Four Seasons the company it is.. as our guests come back because of them.

3. Great job to have and overall a great company

Current Employee - Server Fine Dining Room in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Server Fine Dining Room in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Four Seasons

Pros

Great compensation pakage in that you get a maximum of 20 room nights per year as an employee. Meaning that you can stay at any 4 seasons worldwide for free subject to blackout dates. The pay vs the amount of hours worked is awesome! I made more working part time in one year than most of my friends did in a year round corporate type job. Overall a great place to work, I would recommend it to anyone who wants a seasonal position or for someone who chooses to work in the hospitality business as a frontline employee.

Cons

Stay away from mid-level management, they try and burn you out. Working every holiday and generally 12 hour days...eek! Also, this is perhaps where they have the highest turnover is in this arena, every 2 years they bring in the new grads to train and burn.

Advice to Management

Try and give your guys a break from time to time, quit "cutting and pasting" managers because you cannot hire more in the moment.

5. Seriously dont go Four Seasons

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Four Seasons

Pros

Well benefits are good but need to be updated theirs a lack of confidence withing the teams

Cons

Its slavery need to work more on htat

Advice to Management

Need to work on the hours

Very happy!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Four Seasons

Pros

* prestigious company, known and loved around the world * seasoned professionals on the job (for the most part ... of course, there's always the proverbial rotten apple) * classy guests (for the most part ... of course, there too, you'll always find the proverbial rotten apple) * salary and benefits not to be complained about

Cons

Rather difficult to think of genuine downsides, apart of course from the obvious ones which are to be expected in a high end luxury, highly stressful work environment in Manhattan - so: * work/life balance (say what ???) * the occasional rotten apples (guests and colleagues) who can make you miserable for a few minutes (which of course you don't show on the job !!!) * too rigid when it comes to implementing standards by the letter. Of course, it is paramount that everyone represent the hotel in an absolutely flawless manner, but this should not happen at the expense of common sense and practicality (can be soooo counter-effective)

Advice to Management

PLEASE keep up a very high hiring standard. With that I don't mean that you should hire hospitality management valedictorians or people with oodles of world-wide experience. On the contrary, the candidates who look perfect on their résumé are not necessarily always the best. Just as an example, they might be consumed by ambition and lacking heart. But isn't that the most important part in our business. All the rest can be learned. But passion for service? Either you got it or you don't. ... Anyhow, keep giving everyone a chance, even if they're not from Cornell or Lausanne. Keep up the good work because, to a large extent, it's the excellence of service that sets you apart from the rest!

7. Challenging, but rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Four Seasons

Pros

Locations, Hotel Benefits are awesome

Cons

Long hours, very intense, advancement is slow

Advice to Management

Work hard and learn as much as possible. It will payoff yourventire career

8. Has been rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Four Seasons

Pros

great work environment, easy to collaborate ideas with staff and management. I have enjoyed my interaction with the staff and management.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement in my field, which is health and wellness. This is not a fault of management, it's more a function of the type of business the Four Seasons is.

Advice to Management

I don't really have much advice for four seasons management, they seem to do a terrific job

9. it's an amazing company to work for.

I have been working at Four Seasons

Pros

great leadership, friendly staff, the benefits are great, you don't get overworked. they have great health benefits. we are the definition of luxury.

Cons

the cons are that it is hard to use your complimentary hotel nights. besides that the company is great.

10. Great Experience, lots of admin work. Amazing company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Four Seasons

Pros

Great company, good values. Good experience

Cons

just admin work usually and worked in worldwide sales office so not much room to grow within specific office. there is room to grow in FS internationally

11. great company to work with

Current Employee - Housekeeping Supervisor in Jackson Hole, WY
    Current Employee - Housekeeping Supervisor in Jackson Hole, WY

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great scope to grow in this property, not of employee benefits

Cons

transfers are bit slow , promotions are slow but if u r best u will surely get it in some time

Advice to Management

try to get ideas from line staff they really have very gr8 ideas

RSS Feed </> Embed