Four Seasons

Updated January 25, 2015
3.8

Four Seasons CEO Allen Smith
Allen Smith

Pros
  • Great benefits, employee purchasing of hotel amenities and comp nights to all hotels (in 22 reviews)

• there perks that the company give you such as nights away in any four seasons hotel around the world is mind blowing (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be a little "off" depending on what department you work in (in 25 reviews)

• The very high standards that must be kept, the very long hours and working with many people at once (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

159 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Hiring

Former Employee - Guest Services Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Guest Services Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The rigorous interview process results in a really solid group of well-meaning employees in most departments. Compensation was competitive with similar positions in the industry and the benefits package was quite nice too. Also, the opportunity to interact with hundreds of people on any given day is a great way to build social skills and learn more about how people operate. Room for growth exists, as long as one is willing to transfer to other properties.

Cons

Lower level management gets worked too hard resulting in a high level of stress on them, which at times can affect work conditions for line staff. This overworking, coupled with relatively low pay serves as a disincentive to move up in the company.

Look for the "silent stars" in operations, there are some really great, hard-working individuals whose efforts tend to be overlooked.

Summer Internship

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Intern in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Four Seasons as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I loved the close-knit and friendly environment that made me feel at home everyday at work. I got to enjoy the benefits of a regular employee. My manager genuinely wanted me to learn and succeed.

Cons

It was in an odd location in the middle of nowhere and I had to find housing on my own.

Amazing

Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Four Seasons as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

People are nice and friendly.

Cons

NO cons whatsoever about this company.

NONE!

Great!

I worked at Four Seasons

Pros

All the Four Season's perks are awesome

Cons

the part of the company I worked for was a little disorganized

Concierge

I have been working at Four Seasons

Pros

-lots of perks and
    Professional atmosphere

Cons

The only con is the hours

Good company, horrible work-life balance.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Genuinely caring staff with a family mentality. Benefits are great, nothing beats staying at our hotels and reaping the same guest that pays rack. Good upward mobility, particularly if you're willing to travel.

Cons

Horrible work life balance, particularly at the upper levels of management. Tone, as always, is set from the top and there's a huge tendency to cover your own A. Pay is generally at the upper end of market, annual increases are minimal.

Stop over promoting your General and Hotel Managers. Some of these guys have no business leading other managers, let alone a luxury hotel. Be more concerned about standing up for our company values than bending over for our owners. You will continue to lose good people because you refuse to support your managers.

Overwhelming

Former Employee - Server in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Server in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to work with different cultures. Great benefits and office environment. Friendly coworkers. Overall a great organization. The executive team was awesome very hospitable and welcoming.

Cons

I may have had a better experience if I were in a different department the turnover was excessive turnover! Poor work conditions, expected to work 5am-close with no breaks. If you spoke on your concerns you would be punished. There was obvious favoritism towards employees that were submissive.

Better training for department managers. Human Resources need to take complaints made by employees more seriously and investigate those claims made.

Great Environment!

Former Employee - Pool Attendant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Pool Attendant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

Amazing company to work for, great medical benefits, free hotel stay around the world (you gain certain amount of nights per year), good leaderships and management. Training provided, as well as meals every day/night. Opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

Schedule might not work for everyone, have to be very flexible, otherwise management point that out as your negative during the review.

I was second shift supervisor, I trained and oversaw three to four people at a time

Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a top brand, high customer service and able to enjoy free nights at the company around the world.

Cons

One challenge that I encounter was the training was uniform in security. So everyone did not have the same skill set.

To ensure all employees can carry out their work duties and not play favorites.

Good short term job

Current Employee - Reservations Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Reservations Sales Agent

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good training
    Free meals while working
    Uniforms are provided and cleaned on site

Cons

Negative office environment
    Low pay and not much opportunity to earn incentives
    Did not feel like there was much room for growth

Four Seasons Photos