Four Seasons

Four Seasons Reviews in United States

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Four Seasons CEO Allen Smith

Allen Smith

Pros
  • there perks that the company give you such as nights away in any four seasons hotel around the world is mind blowing (in 10 reviews)

• Great benefits, employee purchasing of hotel amenities and comp nights to all hotels (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be a little "off" depending on what department you work in (in 21 reviews)

• Long hours as usual for a hospitality job (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights
126 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This was a great place to work! Highly recommended!

Conference Services Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe benefits are fantastic
    The culture is very family oriented
    There is significant room for advancement if you show interest
    They have lightened up on the dress code

ConsWork-life balance can be a little "off" depending on what department you work in.

Decent

First Cook (Chef De Partie) (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThey have good benefits and some great team members

Consthe management team for the F&B department is very lacking.

An Unforgettable Experience

Massage Therapist (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsI met and worked alongside many extraordinary individuals. I had the opportunity to work with top of the line equipment and luxury product lines.

ConsIn 6 years there was a decrease in pay more than once, and this was not the hourly minimum wage, but the commission of service for those professionals who hold a license and provide the liability insurance, as well as the high retention and service sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with employees, especially with compensation and changes within the department. More acknowledgement and consideration to those who started employment at the property since opening day.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Free Labor

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLooks great on your resume, they provide lunch for you, property is downtown and near public transit. Staff is friendly.

ConsThey basically use you for free labor. You won't get much in return from them. They don't seem to really care about you as a person or that you're trying to start a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your interns for working for you full-time maybe? All other major hotel companies do. Realize that unpaid interns are making a huge sacrifice for you.

Very good place to work

Prosgood working environment and nice staff to work with ever! Best management team I've never seen before.

ConsNot bad things there. Lunch is free. I feel satisfied with it tho.

Stay away from Santa Fe

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Fe, NM

ProsIn theory, their concept and ideals sound great. Good amenity ideas.

ConsManagers rarely had time off. Did not see much in way of promotion or growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany that we worked with in Santa Fe had ONLY worked for Four Seasons and had no prior upper management knowledge. Advice: Before acting like you know it all and are here to "save" our city, you should have more experience (in your job and by working with other management companies). Most importantly, learn how to treat people - not just guests. It's tiring to hear "treat others as you would have them treat you" while looking down on co-workers. I only hope it's a regional issue, not company wide. For now, I would NEVER recommend anyone working for this company.

Great Service and training, bad salary and schedule

Assistant Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat training and custom service

ConsLow salaries, high work hours

Advice to Senior ManagementOperational Managers work over 50 hours per week, during weekends and holidays

Great business philosophy - but seldom actually delivers on employee side.

Confidential (Current Employee) Lanai City, HI

ProsBeautiful properties. Interesting people.

ConsEmployees, often, worked into the ground with unrealistic expectations and insufficient tools to do the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is not "all about the guest" - employees need care and attention as well. If you are not taking care of your employees and treating them fairly, the guest experience is going to suffer. Don't worry so much about the Four Seasons "culture". Four Seasons is running a business, not creating a "culture". Just listen to your employees and treat them like you want to be treated. In my humble opinion, Four Seasons has simply grown too big, too fast. The good and simple people principals that helped build the company are being left behind in endless procedures, protocols, and a mad dash to "get bigger". Slow down! Talk to your employees, and learn to really listen to them. Most employees really do know what they are doing and want to do a good job - if you just give them the proper tools and the space to do their jobs properly without running them into the ground.

Also, if you are going to offer free room nights - open up the program so employees can actually use them! Almost every Four Season employee I know finds it almost impossible to actually book a free room night at virtually any property. I've been working for Four Seasons for over 10 years, and I've been able to use about a week of free room nights in 10+ years!

Very corporate

ProsEasy work and good pay for the amount of thinking that needed to be done. Most people were nice but everything was very structured.

ConsManagement stressed out all the time because they knew they were losing their contract in aviara. full timers were lazy as could be but very nice for the most part.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better at your jobs and stop passing the buck. Stop with the scummy practices to bump up profits. Be honest and everyone wins

Four Seasons Assistant Restaurant Manager

Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDeal with CEO's and Presidents of some of the worlds finest companies. Company is involved in constant training for assistant managers.

ConsNo work life balance, micro managing is excessive, "rule by fear" culture.

Worked for Four Seasons? Contribute to the Community!