Fox Chase Cancer Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fox Chase Cancer Center President & CEO Michael V. Seiden

Michael V. Seiden

It was new and I got to learn a lot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to deal with cancer, see how one cure can change there lives

ConsBeing on the computer all day

a nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat nursing staff, staff cared deeply about the patients

Consit would have been nice if there where more staff

Was good when I joined, but it is going down

Research Associate (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsBenefits used to be great.
    Relaxed environment and collaborative groups around

ConsMost of the really competitive groups are leaving or already left.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice environment, not a Career

I T (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsFox Chase has a worthwhile mission, it was good to be a part of it. There were many nice people and a pleasant working environment. The Medical and Bio-Informatic research was exciting to support. Very nice Cafeteria.

ConsI.T. is not really respected as a profession at Fox Chase, not on a par with other 1st-class medical research institutions. IMHO this leads to a negative feedback loop which contributes to the organization's current (2013-2014) financial woes, wherein Research Scientists expecting a world-class IT Infrastructure are disappointed and may leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps fewer new buildings and fewer layoffs to pay for them, and more attention to personnel.

A place where you can provide quality patient care.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Fox Chase, Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood teamwork, challenging complex patient needs. Rewarding to care for patients who are in the battle of their life against their cancer.

ConsVery strong underlying tone that this is a business and must be cost conscious, time is money, etc. Dealing with cancer patients all day, every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more in touch with day to day operations. Get out of the office and come to the bedside to see what goes on.

It used to be a special place to work...not any more

ProsSome people still care about the employees and the difficulties involved in an integration. Being part of Temple Health is not necessarily a bad thing.

ConsEmployees are not respected by management. New CEO is too far removed from the employees to know what is going on. Human Resources does not care about the employees. People in the HR office are rude to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some new people in Human Resources who care about the employees and the reason people work there...to help fight cancer.

FCCC has contributed to my pharmacy education and gave me a great deal of experience.

Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place for students to learn and good interaction with pharmacists and other healthcare professionals

ConsThe hospital is small and there is not much patient interaction

No investment in science

Research Associate (Current Employee)

ProsLocated away from the city and easy to access. I heard it used to be a nice place to work before all the budget cuts.

ConsPeople who run facilities are mean spirited.

Great to disappointing

Finance (Former Employee) Cheltenham, PA

ProsIt started out as a great place to work. Most employees cared deeply about the mission statement and everyone worked well as a team. It was a great place for anyone who truly wanted to contribute to the cause of fighting cancer.

ConsThe new ceo was terrible and made poor choices for the hospital that caused many people to leave and ultimately a buyout from another hospital. It is now owned by Temple and I have no idea what it is like.

Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe PI and other doctors I work for are amazing. Very generous vacation and sick days (although they may try to cut them down after the Temple merger). The new facilities are beautiful.

ConsSome parts of the hospital (especially the infusion area) tend to be run down and not state of the art like most patients are beginning to expect. The salaries are a complete joke. Many departments could pay more, but choose not to.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to repair your image after the Temple merger. Grandfathered in Fox Chase employees are absolutely furious about what you have done to our benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc. Shame on you for allowing that type of stuff to happen. Stop the mass exodus of highly qualified Doctors. And fix your IRB. It is driving away talent, especially because of those "hanger ons" that feel it is their life and their place to ruin everyone elses. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is effected.

Worked for Fox Chase Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!