Fox Head Reviews

2.7
Peter Fox

1. Dedicated employees in need of a little help

I worked at Fox Head

Pros

During my time at Fox I found my co-workers to be very dedicated and passionate. So much so that they would generally put in the extra hours needed to make the brand shine. Those are the people that made the brand what it is. Usually a fun place to work with friendly people who shared a lot of common interests in and out of work. I wanted to give 3.5 stars but since that isn't an option I rounded up. I think they can really improve the quality of work-life with a few adjustments.

Cons

Many of the teams suffered from lack of man power and clear leadership. My team went through long periods of being half-staffed. Moral was often low because of that / people felt overworked & under appreciated.

Advice to Management

My advice on my way out was to get leadership roles filled with people who could provide clear objectives, make decisions, and hire the necessary people to do the expected work.

2. Exciting company to work for

I worked at Fox Head full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As an avid mx rider, I enjoyed every minute at this company as moto resonates within everything you do

Cons

Lack of structure and opportunity

3. World Class Brand, low class management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Fox Head full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous benefits, nice environment, fun group to work with

Cons

No opportunities to advance, extremely poor communication from all levels. Always short-handed so staff is overworked. Constant pressure to perform though work loads are heavy. Lots of bickering among managers. Some very unprofessional people in charge.

Advice to Management

People continue to leave in droves. Take note of this and get rid of the bad managers to keep the few quality people you still have on board.

5. On the rise

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Fox Head full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New ownership, new leadership and a clear direction, combined with a world class and world recognized brand. It's a great energy and great people, after a few bumpy years this company is fired up.

Cons

Irvine is very nice but expensive. The company is short-handed -- lots of openings that we can't fill fast enough.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum and clarity of purpose, continue to improve communication and planning.

Rough times...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Fox Head full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment, incredible modern office space, some attempt at cultivating a fun and exciting atmosphere via company-wide activities.

Cons

In a constant state of flux, at least over the past few years. Incredible amount of changes, with a lot of poor communication to the employees about them. A company with a lot of potential and a huge market that is just throwing it down the drain at the moment. Chaotic, poor management, and a huge disconnect between departments. Low pay and low rewards. At least 50% or more of the people I worked with there have already moved on.

Advice to Management

Decide who the management is, and stick to it. Beyond that, just communication and transparency- Severely lacking.

7. This is a great stepping stone for someone starting their career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

I have been working at Fox Head full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual environment, can wear what you want and flexible with start and end times in corporate office. Fun place to work, moto environment

Cons

Upper mgmt doesn't communicate to the employees, lots of changes going on, don't know where we stand. Also very cheap don't pay very well.

Advice to Management

if you want to keep good people pay them more.

Terrible Communication and Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Fox Head full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Coffee. Matching 401K.

Cons

Poor leadership. Poor communication. Poor direction. Poor motivation. I have never seen a company with this strong of an outside brand presence be so poorly run from the inside. The decision makers don't listen and therefore almost every employee who has an opinion other than that of the owner becomes alienated.

Advice to Management

Less ego, more ears.

This is not a company to move to for longevity

I worked at Fox Head

Pros

They have a nice new building

Cons

Managment was not on the same page at all- made my job very difficult. I was laid off along with other management at my level and above The cost of the new building came at a sacrafice of employees to hire to do a good job. Nice place to work but now cannot hire?

Advice to Management

Management should liten to ideas instead of self promoting for thie own benifit. What happened is some lay off..and others fired.

Good place for young people to get a start, no upward mobility.

Former Employee - Sales in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at Fox Head full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're into action sports, it's a pretty awesome place to be. Fast paced industry, top of the MX world. The pro athletes are pretty cool to party with. Nice 401k match.

Cons

Hard to move up. Little job security. Design team is treated like Gods...

Advice to Management

Promote within, provide more training and development opportunities. There's more to business than design...

Great place to get your feet wet

I have been working at Fox Head full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People love what they do and have heart. There is a focus on work life balance. You are able to take on projects to develop skills if you are ambitious.

Cons

The last year there has been downturn in morale. I hope that with recent changes that the positive energy will return and people will be excited to work at Fox once again.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees and their development to retain them and allow them to in turn grow and contribute even more to the company. The company is only as good as the talent and how it's developed.

RSS Feed </> Embed