Fox Rehabilitation

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
3.1

Tim Fox, PT, DPT, GCS

Interesting place to work!

Former Employee - Business Operations in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Business Operations in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working for FOX. My boss was terrific, my colleagues were great. My interaction with Dr. Fox was limited, but every experience I had with him was positive. The people I worked the closest with were fantastic; they were driven, ambitious, smart, and pleasant to be around. Although limited, every interaction I had with upper management was pleasant. They clearly care very much about their patients and the practice. Their passion was tangible. I often worked beyond 5 o'clock, but I didn't mind because the work was largely fulfilling and exciting.

Cons

Dissatisfaction in the workplace was tragically endemic. Some employees didn't take their jobs very seriously. There were a few key people that were shockingly inept at their duties. Not all employees were very approachable. The on-boarding process (for me personally, I do not think this is standard practice) was non-existent. I was left to my own devices to navigate the ins-and-outs of the biz.

"Take the time to do it right the first time, or you'll take the time to do it over."

Plan and strategize, but don't skip the crucial evaluation and re-evaluation process.

Time to be honest

Former Employee - Management in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Management in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I wish I could put something positive here for them.

Cons

Honest was not in their vocabulary.
    In 2011 everything started going to hell. I worked closely with upper management and was privy to their many "spins" on the truth. Dr. Fox was convinced that he could "sell" employees on anything he wanted to do. Upper management thought that the therapist were the "live and soul" of the company and that the administrative staff were "a dime a dozen" and treated them that way.

They have "lost" or fired all of those who truly wanted to make a difference and better the company.

They have called themselves a cult and that is what they are trying to create. if you do not believe their "truth" you are against them. You can be golden one day and expendable the next. Believe me, the latest round of "positive" reviews are a standard practice of their management.

Sell the company to someone who thinks of others as much as themselves.

Great Place to Advance Career and Work with Great People

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I love the fact that the focus of this practice is Evidence Based. Since being a part of this excellent private practice I have had the ability to advance my clinical knowledge and improve quality of care to my patients. I have also learned a great deal with understanding Medicare changes and adapting accordingly to healthcare reform. Great colleagures to work with who are very knowledgeable and compassionate towards the development of clinicians.

Cons

It can be difficult understanding the changes with Medicare in accordance to documentation and being able to understand the bar is set very high for excellent documentation and excellent clinical care. Fox Rehab allows for clinicians to practice very autonomously which can be difficult for some clinicians.

Continue to work with clinicians on ways to improve efficiencies with clinicians. Stress the importance of excellent time management skillls to be sure all have a good work-life balance.

Great Job for those who are motivated and appreciate working with and for other therapists

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I appreciate working with like minded people. I found Fox after being referred by a former co-worker who knew that I love working with older adults. The practice places a strong emphasis on evidence based practice and the notion of running your territory as if it were your own private practice. Pay and PTO are great and once I figured out scheduling and the EHR system I really felt empowered, it took about 3 months of effort for me to get there, but that's when the light bulb went off for me. If you give of yourself you will get it back. My Regional Director is great and my co-workers have been a tremendous support to me, everyone is quick to return a call or text if I have an issue. Medical benefits are good and of reasonable cost. We also have CEUs that are pertinent to our patient population. Despite some issues that the company has gone through recently I see a great need for what we do here and I am excited to grow with this company.

Cons

This is a hard job, as I mentioned above, the first few months required a lot of effort on my part to learn what it takes to do the job. This adjustment was tough on my home life, but the support was there when I needed it and I put the pressure on myself to figure it out and I am glad I did because now I see the benefits of this practice setting.

Continue to share information regarding the health and direction of the practice, at my last job we never heard from the leadership.

Love the people at this practice!

Current Employee - Business Operations in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Operations in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about Fox is the people and a culture built around them. Everything we do as an organization is about the clinicians and our patients. I think it really makes a difference that the founder and CEO is a PT himself. There are great resources for training and you really feel satisfied knowing that evidence-based practice is the standard across the board.

Cons

With employees working autonomously in the house call model, there can be some disconnect in communication. The hq staff is great. they do everything they can to support the clinicians, but sometimes changes are made at the office that effect the field but we don't have a lot of notice or instruction until its happened.

Fox Rehab:A Challenging, Progressive,Proactive Rehab Company

Current Employee - Clinician in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinician in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flexible work schedule, professionally rewarding, total autonomy with patient care, proactive treatment approach utilized, solid team camaraderie, good salary and benefit package, company sensitive to needs of employees, therapist owned and operated, built to handle everchanging healthcare environment

Cons

None really except for having to deal with the limitations imposed by Medicare and insurance regulations which may directly impact patient care

Fox Rehab is a great place to work. There is job satisfaction here because of the great people and great work performed . Employees are compensated well. Management is understanding in that employees must have proper balance between work and personal life in order to be happy. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in being challenged to being the best they can be.

"Place to have a career and a family"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the emphasis placed on quality clinical care and that I get to work with colleagues and management who all have clinical backgrounds. I am motivated everyday by the hardworking, passionate people who genuinely care for older adults. And no one tells me how long I can treat a patient!

Cons

It's hard work being a really good therapist and documenting detailed treatments. The flexibility can work against you if you are not disciplined. It takes a little longer to get oriented in the beginning but over time it becomes second nature.

Continue working on efficiencies with administrative duties and documentation.

Tread lightly with this company

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation

Pros

CEUs, uses evidence based practice, allows you to make your own schedule

Cons

Many, many hours outside of work spent on documentation which you are not paid for, working in one of their ALF facilities is stressful due to disorganization and very little support, no company phone provided so you are using your own personal cell phone and your number to give out to clients and patients, expect to spend many hours in nights and weekends documenting at home.

Its interesting to me how suddenly within the past few months there are so many "great" reviews popping up about this company on different hiring websites, yet all the ones before that tell a different tale. This in and of itself should be a red flag. This company is in trouble and they know it. After working there for only a few months, the turnover I saw at this place was tremendous. People leave because the work demands are so high, so much so that so many new hires spend countless hours on nights and weekends doing free work for the company. This free labor is what got me, affecting my personal life, so I decided to get out, as do so many other new employees do. The concept behind what they do is brilliant, they are very good at selling themselves, and it's clear to me they are giving some type of incentive to employees to write all of these "great" reviews that are suddenly popping up everywhere. A truly effective, organized, successful company that keeps their employees happy wouldn't feel the need to do this.

Realize the unrealistic expectations that are placed on your employees.

Fox Rehabilitation is a great place to work for!

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was laid off and they hired me back. They care about their employees. Upper management is always upbeat and motivating!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Fox.

Keep pushing us to be the best we can be. I love the way you motivate us and reward us for doing well.

Horrible management- not trustworthy

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Make good money when the work is available but unfortunately the company is failing on many levels and has a poor community reputation. In response, management squeezes the treating staff members and fails to pay out earned salaries. Management is very inexperienced clinically, in basic business management, and in relationship building skills. I saw a change in the past 18 months in which questionable ethical decisions were made by employees under duress to meet their quota of billable units. These decisions were supported by low level management to improve the bottom line but did not support what was in the best interest of the patient.

Cons

Very unstable work place from headquarters to the local level. The company has changed it's mission statement so many times it is obvious they have no idea what direction they are going in. Failing financially and not honest with employees regarding company stability or job security. Expect the therapy staff to be dedicated but fail to support them or pay a fair wage for work performed and repeatedly renigged on committed bonus money after the bonus was earned.

Get a business management degree, learn basic relationship building skills, learn and practice ethical healthcare that puts the patient first. Be honest and fair to employees.