Fox Restaurant Concepts

Add Photos

Sam Fox

Chef

Chef (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat Work/life balance, corporate but always able to put personal touch on things, innovative, proactive and very team driven. Sky's the limit for growth opportunities

ConsSelf motivated, coaching and training come within. Very little interaction with the corporate level. Pay is average

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate better training and developmental plans.

Poor Management from the Top Down-Owner Sleeps with New Hires

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFood overall is pretty good, with an appealing seasonal menu.

ConsPoor management from Sam Fox all the way down to shift leaders. I was part of a new restaurant opening and placed as a server, owners came down personally to oversee the opening and handle training of the staff. The corporate chef had an ego bigger than the Superbowl as well as an affinity to treat male and female staff differently, very differently.
         I was part of the first wave of employees(about 15 total), then the second wave came through. In that second wave, several attractive employees were targetted by the corporate chef and caught in inappropriate situations throughout the restaurant opening. After the restaurant opened, the corporate team left, more than one female employee brought up having relations with the corporate chef, which made things awkward for most of the staff as the corporate team would come back in for progress reviews, menu changes, etc.
         The corporate chef is actually part owner of FoxRC, which is about as unprofessional as it gets. Little respect was given after the opening to the corporate team, as they had other simliar incidents down the road and heavy turnover at the VP level. This unprofessionalism drifted down to the GM and Asst Mgr. level, as the corporate standard was pretty loose, no pun intended.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to lead by example and have some self respect.

Good company to work for

Sous Chef (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood base foundation for food and cooking techniques. Most jobs reflect the industry standard for pay or may be a little better. Good benefits for managers. Expected 55 hours a week for managers.

ConsThey have a very corporate structure, can be a little overwhelming and repetitive at times. It is a big company with many regional and corporate managers that influence day to day operations even though they are not present in said operations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor organization within the company with poor leadership in and above store level

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRestaurant standards are well maintained on the outside, guest standard is high. From the outside it seems like it is running seamlessly

ConsEmployee standards are low, not that they hire below standards but the way they treat their employees as disposable part of the industry. Poor training standards for both hourly and salary based positions. There is now leadership within the store our outside of store level

You get what you put in.

Chef (Current Employee)

ProsA lot of opportunity to learn. Average market pay. Flexibility in career path. Management legitimately wants to actively train staff.

ConsUnorganized training methods. Inconsistent training and validation. Lack of communication. Lack of tact and professionalism when coaching staff, although not by all chefs or managers just a few.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold everyone to the "standards" that are constantly being talked about. Make sure everyone is in on what's going on. How can you expect staff to maintain a standard that the management team fails to themselves produces?

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Exceptional training, opportunities, and pride follow employment at FOX

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsIndustry leading company that values the art of hospitality, high standards, performance based promotions, and exceptional quality, knowledge, and professionalism.

ConsVery long hours, and moderate salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay motivated, focused, and always strive for perfection.

Fun and Enjoyable work environment

Server (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsI worked with great people and enjoyed the work environment. The guests that we had were usually very friendly. The hours were great and the tips were fantastic.

ConsThere were too many politics within the work place. The prices of the food were too expensive.

Upper management has no idea what is going on on the store-level

Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsInstill good service values in their employees
    Great food
    Beautiful restaurants

ConsUpper management places too much emphasis on restaurant management scolding the staff

Great Company- Long Hours

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGreat growing company, definitely has a cool factor, higher ups are extremely passionate, great food, and service, strives to be the best

ConsYou are expected to work long hours with out much pay compensation, they pay a middle management salary and little room to grow

Great service! Great food! Great place to work!

Bartender (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe atmosphere is great. Everyone is friendly and i love going to all the different concepts. It is a great place for college students to work and make some money while in school.

ConsI honestly cannot think of any. To some the concepts may be pricey but it is quality food and you get exactly what you pay for, therefore i am completely accepting of the prices.

Worked for Fox Restaurant Concepts? Contribute to the Community!