Fox & Hound Restaurant

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen M. Johnson

Inconsistent pay at times, but overall good income for college students

Server (Former Employee)
    Chapel Hill, NC

ProsAfter working there for about 6 months, I started getting better hours and busier sections and more often than not made at least $100 a night. Other staff are friendly and helpful for the most part. Generally the managers were willing to work with my schedule and were very flexible.

ConsDrama, managers could be impatient sometimes, some times $0 tips because of the type of people that come to the restaurant, and many times we were over staffed because it is difficult to gauge when the restaurant will be busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people go when we are not making money instead of keeping us there for minimum wage.

Majority of the staff and my customers were great but from the managers on up all that mattered was favoritism.

Waitress (Former Employee)
    North Little Rock, AR

ProsThe best thing about this pub would have been the customers. Majority of the crowd that would come in were regulars and treated the staff wonderfully.

ConsThe managers will never reward those who work hard and will only focus on their favorites. There are several girls who have been there for a long time and they will bully out anyone they dislike. They would also encourage public humiliation of others.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers need to do their job and manage the restaurant. They will change things that the customers love and drive them away for no reason. They create an atmosphere that intimidates any employee not considered a favorite. On valentines the managers decided to make a wall for people to bash others which was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life. Overall they need to focus on being professional instead of acting like a bunch of high school children.

Poor Management

Waitress (Former Employee)
    Southaven, MS

ProsTips were decent. It's definitely not a very hard job. Most of the time is spent talking to people. Night shifts and sports weekends are really the only time it is worth working.

ConsVery poor management, there is one manager that has worked there for quite some time but I am not sure why, as he seems to hate his job. His customer service skills have also been neglected.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to general manager:
    Bring in new management

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a fun atmosphere but there is also favoritism.

Server (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsFun, laid-back, easy, make a decent amount of money on weekends

ConsThere are some nights (normally weekdays) you won't make very much and there is a lot of favoritism by the managers

Advice to Senior ManagementJust try to keep it fair

Management was lacking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company doesn't really care about you, but if you take initiative you can promote yourself with the clientele and get loyal customers.

ConsManagement is all over the place and lets the power of the position go to their head

Just Plain Awful

Server (Current Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsGreat people to work with and good money during the party season. I can't think of anything else that is positive except that I no longer have to work at a fox and hound

ConsCheapskate management. Decent food. Overpriced drinks. The steps of service require you to solicit your tables for about 5 different things and if makes customers mad. Stop with the groupons!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo more groupons and turn the music down. You don't take care of your servers. They rely on tips and you have it set up so that your servers get stuffed often. I'm glad I don't work for you anymore.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fun but low money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun serving staff (not management), good food.

ConsNever cut, scheduled way to many people each shift to allow no one making money, small sections, pick favorite employees.

stay clear from this Co. if your looking for a job

General Manager (Former Employee)

Pros$2 Tuesdays is the best time

Conswont be around in a few years, upper management is clueless on what the Guest want.

Advice to Senior Managementstart looking soon

You mean nothing to them. You are just another person who bring the money to their pockets.

Server/Bartender (Former Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

ProsShared a lot of great co-workers.

ConsThey will replace you on a whim. You can spend years at this company and they will get rid of you over hearsay because that is their "policy". I was a top server and bartender for them. I was recommended for management, consistently won sales contests, and receive raving reviews from guests. I had an eye-spy at one of my tables who rated my excellent in all categories. The hostesses and the management received poor ratings in all categories. Because of this, it brought my overall score down to "below their standards". I was let go instead of the hostesses or the manager on duty. Pretty messed up. I have never even come close to being let go at any other job I have ever had and have been cherished as a valuable member of their teams. To be let go because of other people's mistakes is a very bad way to run a company. I also witnessed plenty employees that were let go for ridiculous reasons as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers and make sure the right people are held accountable.

Don't Bother. Not Worth The Time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive entry level pay for management.

ConsEasily manipulated bonus structure. Absent regional management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Higher Quality Staff & Management.

Worked for Fox & Hound Restaurant? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fox & Hound Restaurant reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fox & Hound Restaurant CEO Stephen M. Johnson. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Fox & Hound Restaurant employees.