Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Updated January 21, 2015
Updated January 21, 2015
1.7

John Ferretti

Great experience with good company

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Supportive Management, helpful and quick HR, good work/life balance, adequate benefits.

Cons

I didn't see vision for personal growth in my division, it may be there but I wasn't able to see it. Compensation a bit low for role responsibilities.

Because it's a small company, employees get to wear many hats which allows for personal and professional growth.

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a small to mid-sized manufacturing company, so everyone knows everyone on one level or another. For the most part, people are friendly and willing to help whenever possible. The work is dynamic and fast-paced, and management is willing to consider new ideas that improve the process. This is a great place for people who like to be challenged and enjoy the satisifaction of finding a solution to a problem or learning a new skill. I've never been bored!

Cons

While being a small to mid-sized company was a "pro" for many reasons, it's also a "con". Managers care but are so busy themselves that things like reviews and training get skipped in order to get the daily work done.

Budget some time each day to focus on your employees...training, reviews, career progression, or simply to acknowledge the hard work they do.

All the negative reviews are accurate! Very incompetent management.

Current Employee - Employee in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Employee in Newark, DE

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time

Pros

There are no good reasons to work here unless your only experience is in the printing industry and you have no other choice. Nice review written on Jan 20, must of been ghost written by Foxfire's HR. I was hesitant to work there because of all the negative reviews. Wish I would have trusted them and saved myself the aggravation. So therefore I do not believe the review to be real.
    If your willing to marry Foxfire than it may be a good place for you. Work 24/7 because "Do what it takes" is the CEO's motto.

Cons

Low morale, most people hate working there. The CEO and his henchmen micromanage. If an error is made they march down to the production floor to yell at people. Most people I worked with just don't care anymore. The attitude is, so go ahead and fire me, I don't care. The good people who have options will leave Foxfire because, who in their right mind wants to work in such a poisonous environment. Good luck if you are a customer of Foxfire. So many reworks and jobs not completed on time.

Time for Ferretti to execute his exit strategy and sell. Might be a good company to work for with a good management professional running the show.
    Stop hiring engineers to manage the place. They are out of their element and do not know how to manage people and the operation.

WORST PLACE I'VE EVER WORKED

Former Employee - Bindery Operator
    Former Employee - Bindery Operator

I worked at Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Pros

There are none at all

Cons

This place is run by a bunch of dictators who think they know everything. The morale is extremely low and everyone hates their job and are looking for a way out. Upper management wants to micro manage what goes on but has no idea what they're talking about. The disconnect between management and the staff on the floor is astronomical. There is no opportunity for advancement at all. No matter how much overtime and above and beyond you go, its never enough. Nothing is appreciated.

Get a clue

Wouldn't recommend working here unless your going for Managment.

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Newark, DE

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In my almost decade of foxfire employment I have found only 1 pro! Being upper Management.

Cons

No fair opportunity for growth or a raise. I have done plenty of things for the company, learned many new tasks and machinery. I also stay late when asked and come in early. I've been paid the same rate for almost 3 years. People have come in the door making less than me and now make a lot more than I do. It's not a fair place to work unless your Managment.

Take care of your employees who take care of you.

I wouldn't recommend working here

Former Employee - Bindery Operator in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Bindery Operator in Newark, DE

I worked at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is fair and the (physical) working conditions aren't too bad. The benefits are average for a smaller privately owned company.

Cons

The management treats people very poorly. You are looked at as just another expense and they don't really care about your future with the company. There is very high turnover and there are a lot of other places that you can go where you aren't held to impossible standards. I ended up taking a job for less money just to leave.

A little respect goes a long way. Provide positive reinforcement to your employees.

Really Bad

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Pros

Some of the people are pretty cool to work with. Unfortunately, they all left for greener pastures or are in the process of doing so.

Cons

They really don't value their employees too much. There is a real sophomoric attitude among the workers and you have to fit in with the right group or you are an outcast. The management only wants followers and doesn't want anything to do with anyone who has any outside ideas.

You proclaim to practice lean principles but forget about the part where you may have to listen to your employees that are doing the work to make efficient changes.

Good place to leave

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time

Pros

I really don't know any pros of working here other than knowing this wasn't where I wanted to be

Cons

This is a very poor place to work. I have worked at other places and have never been treated as poorly as I was treated here. Even if you do a good job, it still isn't good enough if you don't have the proper "friends" in high places. I found the atmosphere to be very petty and almost felt as if it was a high school type environment rather than a professional workplace..

There are some nice people, but the ones that make the decisions seem very arrogant and unprofessional overall. I wouldn't recommend anyone work here unless they really need something to make some cash between better opportunities.

Lose the arrogant attitude.

Don't make the same mistake I did!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time

Pros

I made some good contacts.

Cons

No clear definition of duties or chain of command. Terrible communication between management, production and off-site employees. Low morale. Dishonesty. Factionalism. The employees are not appreciated, used up and thrown away. Immoral. HR is interested in covering the company's tracks, not in taking care of personnel.

Not a good place to be

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Pros

The only pros about working here are that they make your life so bad,, it forces you to find better opportunities.

Cons

The only people that work hare are people that couldn't find work anywhere better. The only people here are sub-par people that know this was their last resort for a job. The management gives rave reviews but it is all a front. They are a terrible group of people to work wtth.

Foxfire Printing & Packaging Photos