Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014
1.6

John Ferretti

Wouldn't recommend working here unless your going for Managment.

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Newark, DE

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In my almost decade of foxfire employment I have found only 1 pro! Being upper Management.

Cons

No fair opportunity for growth or a raise. I have done plenty of things for the company, learned many new tasks and machinery. I also stay late when asked and come in early. I've been paid the same rate for almost 3 years. People have come in the door making less than me and now make a lot more than I do. It's not a fair place to work unless your Managment.

Take care of your employees who take care of you.

I wouldn't recommend working here

Former Employee - Bindery Operator in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Bindery Operator in Newark, DE

I worked at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is fair and the (physical) working conditions aren't too bad. The benefits are average for a smaller privately owned company.

Cons

The management treats people very poorly. You are looked at as just another expense and they don't really care about your future with the company. There is very high turnover and there are a lot of other places that you can go where you aren't held to impossible standards. I ended up taking a job for less money just to leave.

A little respect goes a long way. Provide positive reinforcement to your employees.

Really Bad

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Pros

Some of the people are pretty cool to work with. Unfortunately, they all left for greener pastures or are in the process of doing so.

Cons

They really don't value their employees too much. There is a real sophomoric attitude among the workers and you have to fit in with the right group or you are an outcast. The management only wants followers and doesn't want anything to do with anyone who has any outside ideas.

You proclaim to practice lean principles but forget about the part where you may have to listen to your employees that are doing the work to make efficient changes.

Good place to leave

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time

Pros

I really don't know any pros of working here other than knowing this wasn't where I wanted to be

Cons

This is a very poor place to work. I have worked at other places and have never been treated as poorly as I was treated here. Even if you do a good job, it still isn't good enough if you don't have the proper "friends" in high places. I found the atmosphere to be very petty and almost felt as if it was a high school type environment rather than a professional workplace..

There are some nice people, but the ones that make the decisions seem very arrogant and unprofessional overall. I wouldn't recommend anyone work here unless they really need something to make some cash between better opportunities.

Lose the arrogant attitude.

Don't make the same mistake I did!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time

Pros

I made some good contacts.

Cons

No clear definition of duties or chain of command. Terrible communication between management, production and off-site employees. Low morale. Dishonesty. Factionalism. The employees are not appreciated, used up and thrown away. Immoral. HR is interested in covering the company's tracks, not in taking care of personnel.

Not a good place to be

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Pros

The only pros about working here are that they make your life so bad,, it forces you to find better opportunities.

Cons

The only people that work hare are people that couldn't find work anywhere better. The only people here are sub-par people that know this was their last resort for a job. The management gives rave reviews but it is all a front. They are a terrible group of people to work wtth.

Production Manager - loved this company

Former Employee - Literature Production Manager in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Literature Production Manager in Newark, DE

I worked at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, wonderful co-workers, great benefits

Cons

I had no complaints about working there at all. I loved my time with the company and miss my co-workers greatly. I only left because I was relocating.

Do Yourself a Favor and RUN

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging full-time

Pros

There are absolutely no pros at all for working here. I guess you could say that it is OK if you really, really need a paycheck for a week or two.

Cons

This place expects you to devote your whole life to it. All the other employees are miserable. Management expects you to be a miracle worker and do impossible tasks. They assume nothing they do is wrong. If you make one mistake, you are an idiot because they are always perfect (they think) and expect you to be perfect.

I am being serious here. If you are thinking of working here, you will be miserable. I never seen a place where people come and go so quickly.

Get rid of the attitude that you are so much better than all your employees and nobody else could possibly add any value to the company because you already know everything.

This place in absolutely horrible

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Pros

There are literally no pros of working here other than the fact they actually give you a paycheck. Other than that, just stay away

Cons

They really don't value their employees at all. The people that work there are either a bunch of arrogant people who know everything, or are completely miserable and looking for a way to get out. You are discouraged from coming up with new ideas. They already know everything and assume you know nothing. I don't even know why they bother hiring people because they are already the almighty masters of the printing world and you will never be as awesome as they are.

I would seriously recommend staying away from this place. They aren't even ethical in the way they do business. Just read the news release from February when they settled their last lawsuit. There are some good people there, but as I said, they all are looking for a way out.

Treat employees like assets that could grow the business instead of business expenses.

My advice is to run away

I have been working at Foxfire Printing & Packaging

Pros

There really aren't many pros of working here other than just getting a paycheck and they probably only do that because they are required by law to do so.

Cons

Management treats people like a necessary evil, rather than assets that help the company. I have never been anywhere else that treats their employees so poorly. There is just this arrogant attitude that they are always correct and there is no room for employees to discuss alternative methods. Most employees there are either miserable or they adopt this arrogant attitude from management themselves and are very difficult to work with. The company is really a miserable place to work. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

You are not always right. You are printing a few signs for some retail stores. It isn't a life or death situation. Lighten up a little.