Fractal Analytics

Fractal Analytics Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Fractal Analytics CEO Srikanth Velamakanni

Srikanth Velamakanni

Pros:
  • "Work culture in simple words 'Reporting is treated with reverence as it can generate most of business""
    in 31 reviews
  • "Work Life balance is quite easy with flexi timings and location of working"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "As company is growing very fast, work - life balance is a concern"
    in 11 reviews
  • "I can not say it is middle management incapability as they were not given proper coaching"
    in 16 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

analyst for past one year

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros1-Employee friendly,cares for employee,very transparent(like salary bands).
2-Since Fractal has taken reboot i hope it will become again same as it was year back(There was some changes which some apex member termed as operational excellence,timesheet fill ups,log in-log out monitoring,quarterly team party were cancelled)
3-i hope after reboot it will be again Fractal analytics which was turned into IT factory(6 months back)

Cons1-Middle management need to take more responsibility of training A's,SA.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do waste extra money(in logistics) on meetings which is not needed(Specially in Gurgaon like Townhall,other events which were held recently)

Organization with lot of hidden tricks

I have been working at Fractal Analytics

ProsRelocation options and client communication.

It is still in naive state not well established.

ConsSlow learning curve. You will reach stagnant stage in few months. They neither let you grow nor go. Keep rotating doing same works. Very limited grooming and low pay checks.

Indirect comments and biased views based on favoritism. Managers harassment demotivates employees.

Flag Review

Fractal Analytics CEO responded to this review

Feb 27, 2014

Hi there,

Sorry that you are not enjoying yourself at Fractal. If there's anyway I could help you, please let me know. You can reach out to me safely (at srikanth@fractalanalytics.com) and discuss ... More

Terrible Finance management and Cheap culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fractal Analytics

ProsDecent experience. They spend lot on branding and company looks.
Instead of spending efforts in branding and company looks, It is appreciated to create better work culture. Analytic rigor is very low. Too much micromanagement.

You will face corporate politics with in 3-4 months. Even though you are genuine, blame game makes you weak.

ConsLess responsive Finance team. I worked in fractal little over 2 years.

On my last working day, I was said final settlement will happen with in 45 days. They made it delayed by more than 5 months.

I had to follow up more than 10 times to get cleared with finance dues. None of the times, there was any clear communication from Finance team. They keep saying we will send you soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your work ethics

Flag Review

Fractal Analytics CEO responded to this review

Feb 4, 2014

Hi there,

I am truly sorry to hear your experience at the time you left Fractal. We have now re-designed the exit process to enable the final check to be delivered on the last of employment ... More

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay scale and HR needs improvement

I have been working at Fractal Analytics

ProsGreat leader. Srikanth is like role model to many employees.

Flexible but long working hours. Poor work life balance. Lot of employees work beyond late nights.

Good experience with reporting tools training and internal competitions.

ConsTeam management is horrible. Senior management focus is merely on firm initiatives but do not groom middle management. This leads to blaming each other. I can not say it is middle management incapability as they were not given proper coaching. It leads to political scenarios.

Average performers do not get much newer opportunities.

I never saw the motivation from apex members other than CEO.

Pay scale is terrible. You have to negotiate with HR very seriously. These are some of the rough estimation numbers I heard from peer group.

Analyst A1 varies from 2.5 LPA to 4.5 LPA
Analyst A2 varies from 3 LPA to 6 LPA
Analyst A3 varies from 4 LPA to 9 LPA
Senior Analyst A4 varies from 6 LPA to 10 LPA
Senior Analyst A5 varies from 7 LPA to 12 LPA
Lead Analyst P1 varies from 9 LPA to 13 LPA
Senior Consultants and above get more than 18-20+ LPA

We can clearly see lower band people get higher pay checks than some of the higher band people. Good to hear minor corrections happened after recent town hall in the end of 2013.

Best Work culture, poor salary & grade for experience joining

Pros1) CEO
2) Work Culture

Cons1) for experience joining salary and grade are similar to junior people who already working. i have 4 year experience my grade is a3 and person with 2 year experience within same team also have same grade, really upset
2) Poor HR communication, after you get offer letter or forward your friend cv for buddy referral.

Trying to be Great, but isn't

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

ProsNice initiative driven culture, various types of analytics work, Flexi hours, thought process of CEO

Cons- with growing numbers could not maintain the same culture as was there,
- middle management is all from outside and doesnt care or even know about erstwhile culture of Fractal,values of CEO doesn't trickle down to managers
- people are allowed to die in a single assignment and not allowed to change
- a big time non-analytics work which wont add any value to a person, they dont even think before taking up a project if it is Analytics or pure reporting

Advice to Senior Management- Let analysts get the flavour of some good analytics work which can add to their knowledge
- More organic home grown analytics oriented managers may help
- First work on the proposed "People Principles" (if it is possible) No use of participating in "Great Place to work"...if you really get people oriented you will be...

Good to Great

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery open environment. You can talk to anybody from the CEO to the janitor with ease.
The CEO, Srikanth, puts in a lot of effort and energy in creating an open, just and transparent culture. And now, a lot of money too.
Quality projects and a lot of emphasis on learning and development of individuals (Not denying that there are reporting projects too)
Fractal believes that people are Fractal's greatest asset and it is becoming evident in its upcoming policies and People Principles
Pay is decent
Opportunities to learn and grow with great peers. Some of the hardest working people I've met in my life happens to be from Fractal.
Flexible timings and work from home option

ConsMiddle management is the weakest link. Many of the Leads and Sr. Consultants are not the people whom analysts would look up to.
HR is getting better but on the parameter of 5, HR Dept. won't land more than 2.5.
Managers hired from outside the industry need to go through more rigorous analytics training and learn the tricks of the trade before working with analysts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBridge the gap between Good to Great. Middle management (Leads and Sr. Consultants) need to spruce up. Throwing jargon in meetings without much context of the analytics itself should not be a reason for Middle Management to be able to justify that they add value to the organization.

Amazing company to work with - best culture and great learning

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

ProsComplete focus on client, independence given to employees, open and transparent culture, good focus on learning

ConsInfrastructure needs improvement - need more offices in other cities, need more meeting rooms,

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the great culture. Improve infrastructure. Hire fast - we need a lot of people and hiring engine has to work much faster. The best thing about this company is the transparency which senior management shows and expects --- this must continue

One of the Best Organization to Work for

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for less than a year

ProsNice work culture , Transparent & Friendly atmosphere . Balance between Professional & Personal Life and good pay scale. Having worked with companies like TCS , Nielsen found Fractal which is better then them in a lot of way

ConsPoor IT support it can literally frustrate anyone

Advice to Senior ManagementIT Infrastructure should be better. Software & OS are always outdated

Different from all organizations i have worked for

Director Finance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for less than a year

ProsFreedom to experiment & No Nonsense approach

ConsIts Growing , so some ifs and buts but its learning and evolving

Advice to Senior ManagementClear communications and consistent approach.

Worked for Fractal Analytics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fractal Analytics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fractal Analytics CEO Srikanth Velamakanni. All 165 reviews posted anonymously by Fractal Analytics employees.