Fractal Analytics

Fractal Analytics Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Fractal Analytics CEO Srikanth Velamakanni

Srikanth Velamakanni

Pros
  • Work culture in simple words 'Reporting is treated with reverence as it can generate most of business"(in 34 reviews)

• Work Life balance is quite easy with flexi timings and location of working(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • I can not say it is middle management incapability as they were not given proper coaching(in 22 reviews)

• As company is growing very fast, work - life balance is a concern(in 11 reviews)

Good place to work

Prosvisibility, personal growth, time-off, opportunities

Consrole clarity, compensation, xx, xx, xx

Advice to Senior ManagementAnticipate the future better

Bad experience

ProsSrikanth and his humility, Few jovial ppl
    Had joined hearing it had good culture, still trying to find it though

ConsPeople principle, flexibility to work is a big big facade and hoax. Senior senior management refers to it as 'people principle and all that crap'.
    I voiced my opinion and was threatened it will 'effect my growth'. No ethics, except for a handful of people. Specially US leadership is ready to fall down to extreme levels for immediate and short-sighted benefits.
    A bunch of bullies pushing anyone who differs. Don't give power to even account managers after mismanaging expectations. Unable to staff people after promising sales. Ask middle management to handle things, while they try to 'engage' with false growth promises. Old people show too much power while new ones have to establish against all obstacles. Almost threatening.
    Salary is also very low compared to others because of few decision makers.

Hoard of new senior managers joining who are ever so loud and cannot stop boasting about themselves. Pushy, desperate to impress Srikanth.

Advice to Senior ManagementBroaden your vision. Srikanth has it, but a hollow leadership, too busy to micro-manage. It will get you the short term wins, but cannot take you any further.

Bad Management

(Current Employee)

ProsCEO and management team in India is good

ConsSenior management in US is dysfunctional. Most are bullies with no corporate experience. They have great designations but don’t know how to manage people.

They don’t set good example for juniors. One of their most senior employee keeps bragging about how the US office was setup by him, and he is hounded by MSigma to join them and has so many offers from companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHumility and honesty are important traits of leadership – the juniors can see through your shrewdness, double standards.
    I don't think the company will go anywhere without work done by junior people on the ground.

Fractal Analytics CEO responded to this review

Feb 27, 2014

Thank you for your perspective and sorry to know that you aren't enjoying yourself at Fractal. Please reach out to me to discuss your specific issues, should you think I could be of help.

Regards
    ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, enabling and enriching environment with tremendous value placed in people

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe industry is transforming clients' business needs, Fractal is at the forefront of solving Insight/Impact problems. Hence, the environment and typical day are challenging, exciting and filled with opportunities to learn and make an impact. Very supportive Management team that is focused on growing the right way.

ConsNone in my 2 months at Fractal.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone in my 2 months at Fractal

Great opportunities to learn and grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe space of analytics is just breaking out and there are opportunities for many types of smart people across disciplines to learn, grow, and build an exciting career. High expectations and lots of great role models. Client relationships are strong feedback is very favorable and complimentary to individuals and peers. You should only join if you want to evolve and continually challenge yourself and peers to be the best we can be.

ConsThe company is undergoing massive growth so there are expected growing pains. Don't come if you want a boring static life.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecute the people principles as recently laid out so people can really feel the unusual degree of trust and freedom afforded them.

Great environment to work in. Smart people around - enjoying my time.

Proswork culture, crowd, talent, flexibility

Consprocess transparency, hr policies not covering every possibility, still evolving

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from some good places. Make HR more transparent and talented.

Senior Management and HR are the biggest hindrances in the company

ProsA bit of a freedom in doing and exploring new stuff and taking initiatives

ConsSenior Management lacks the leadership, team management and proactive decision making. The company takes care of an employee only when they need one, otherwise no care about the employees at junior level.

Company just talks about Values but there is no effort in achieving them.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust change the complete Executive team and hire some good leader, so that other employees can look upto them.

Warning---stay away from this company

ProsThere are no positive ratings

ConsSelf-serving management with very little understanding of US markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour company is a joke in the industry.

Imbalanced employee mix

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLooks like there are opportunities and growth is rapid but you must know how to grow

ConsA company that only appreciates the employee whom he needs, promotions are given randomly but no one is concerned about any of the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementThe HR and team mix needs to be balanced. Too many senior employees in the team can't grow the team, they can only fight among themselves for the best approach

Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe flexibility of the organization is refreshing as many companies are not and the genuine caring of the staff and employer of their employees. This is a young company so they are eager and hungry to learn, be productive that results in being successful.

ConsBecause of my role and having to deal with many who are in India it sometimes makes it a challenge to get this done as quickly as you like.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds consistency across the board in respects to administration and the need to be more communicative in order to get things done in a timely fashion. Although there is a time difference, but if your able to get all your question/request answered with less back and forth would be helpful

Worked for Fractal Analytics? Contribute to the Community!