Francesca's Collections

www.francescas.com

Francesca's Collections Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Neill Davis

Pros
  • employee discount (30-50% depending on position)(in 15 reviews)

• Great discount, fun work environment, great products(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No support from upper management in regards to leadership and continuing management education(in 20 reviews)

• unprofessional, no incentives, low pay, low discount, weekly corporate changes(in 18 reviews)

An okay temporary job

Assistant Boutique Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSlow pace a lot of free time.

ConsLow paying job for an assistant manager position. A lot of locations including the location that I work at are NOT diverse, all white I was the only hispanic American working there. Store Manager did everything when it came to operational and visual aspects of the store which was very annoying because I was the Assistant Manager but I felt like I was an associate with an "ABM" title. With previous experience in retail management and working full time in those positions I’ve always gotten 40hrs but with Francesca’s I was only getting 30-34hrs. The SM was very close to some of the associates in the store and constantly talked bad/gossiped about the other people working there. Dress code is NO JEANS, dresses, skirts (knee length) or colored pants. I feel like for the brand the dress code was ridiculous. There is no room for growing with the company. Because this company is still growing a lot of their practices are very “old school” overall if you want to be an associate it’s a great part time job but if you are looking for an assistant manager position I wouldn’t recommend it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your assistant managers more hours and better pay and a more meaningful role in your company.

Very casual

Assistant Boutique Manager (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

Prosyou get to learn about new trends every season the corporate guide you frequently

Consyou get paid very little compare with other competition retails

Losing steam quickly!

District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat managers and store teams.

ConsUpper Field leadership has decided to micro manage DMs. The home office employees are difficult to reach when problems arise.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing your mind every day. Stay consistent. This company pays poorly for management positions, including DMs. No personal days or sick days are available. The fun, family based company culture has completely melted away since Theresa Backes left the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for Fashion Majors!

Boutique Associate (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsWork directly with the latest fashion. You also have a great opportunity to learn about the industry, how they operate and about the merchandise. Employees also gain relationships with customers.

ConsIt is hard to grow into a higher position in this boutique. Francesca's does not really hire within the industry. If you are a boutique associate, it is hard to maintain a consistent schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better incentives and benefits for boutique associates.

It's ok

ProsDon't like rude coworkers seriously

ConsCute stuff to look at

Horrible environment. Do not work here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSome fun, cordial, hard working employees.

ConsCorporate office does not support field employees at any level. They do not take issues seriously nor do they respond in a timely manner. Upper management changes their direction every other day. The attorney that is running the company is running it into the ground. Benefits continue to be taken away and staff and hours continue to be cut. After they eliminated the COO, Theresa Backes, the company has not been the same. The family culture is gone and the company is not moving in the right direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake up your mind on the direction of the company. Listen to employee feedback. Not everyone can be wrong about management and things that need to be changed.

Horrible Employee treatment

Boutique Associate (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsSome of the girls I got to work with were great. When I first started they had really cute clothes and the managements was great. Good for someone wanting to start working retail, but would only recommend it for a couple months (there are better places to work)

ConsPay is low, awful communication between levels of management, LOW PAY, long hours, overwork their employees, company is growing too quickly and isn't focusing on their employees, no benefits for employees if sales goals are met (therefore no motivation to sell), lots of stealing, many tasks that can't be completed, high stress, dissatisfied customers that are hard to deal with, constantly moving/cleaning up after ignorant customers/ fixing displays--therefore disappointing the managers that expect more of you than you can accomplish no matter how much of a work-horse you are, discount is okay but many of the sales the customers get are just as good

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the stores you have rather than expanding the company. You make enough money every year to offer benefits to your employees if sales goals are met and you can pay them more per hour for all the work they do. Give each boutique more hours and positions so those working are not overworked and end up hating the store. Focus the vision of the store to make the job easier for employees to create displays and please the regional, zone, area mangers.

Area Manager

Area Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products and easy dress code.
    Fun environment.
    Make our own schedule. Don't really have to do anything if you don't want.
    Can get away with anything.

ConsAnything and everything!
    No mentoring from upper management to store managers.
    Regional managers do not do their job and never answer the phone when you need them because they are to busy out drinking with area managers.
    Do not work here!
    Pays is terrible and so is upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional Managers need to stop getting drunk with your employees and talking bad on social media about other employees! DO YOUR JOB!

Sales Lead

Sales Lead (Former Employee) Montgomeryville, PA

ProsGet to work with cute fashion

ConsHorrible company. There is no inventory management. There is no promotional management, meaning sales stop and start in the middle of the day, even on black Friday. The company does not set any employees up for success, you are set up for failure and you will hear about it from higher ups and customers. Extremely wasteful company. Horribly mismanaged on every single level. They lie to you and tell you have say in every aspect of the store and make it seem amazing, its all a lie and it's horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd give you advice but you didn't take it as an employee, so I doubt you'll take it now.

Disappointing

Former Employee (Former Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsPeople you are working with, they are the reason you get up and go to work. They are passionate and this company has absolutely no appreciation for them.
    The company is not what it used to be a year ago and it continues to change for the worse. The entire time I was looking for ways to understand it or excuse it, simply because you want to hope you are working for the company that has it together.

ConsThe company has absolutely no structure. It's a daily trial & error experience. Pay is a complete joke. Internal people are constantly taken advantage of through "stretch assignments" and promises of better opportunities. The annual reviews are shameful, the set up is so tight and set up so that you can earn a penny no matter what you have accomplished and achieved. Work is pilled on sky high but your pay will never reflect it. Employees who are being hired now are brought in at a comfortable rate but the employees who have been with the company for years stay the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementLOL they don't care - this is a waist of space

Worked for Francesca's Collections? Contribute to the Community!