Francesca's Collections

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
2.5

Neill Davis

Pros
  • employee discount (30-50% depending on position) (in 18 reviews)

• visual merchandising freedom (to an extent) (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't understand that they ask too much and provide too little (in 30 reviews)

• unprofessional, no incentives, low pay, low discount, weekly corporate changes (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Awsome

I worked at Francesca's Collections

Pros

Wonderful boutique to work for. I'd recommend any one to get retail experience from here. They make sure to take care of their employees and also give monthly bonuses to those who meet sales goals.

Cons

Employee discounts aren't that good.

CHANGE NOTHING!!!!

Not much progress

Current Employee - FT Assistant Boutique Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - FT Assistant Boutique Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Francesca's Collections full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to love products and it's very satisfying to work with guests to add to their wardrobe. You are pretty free to do your own visuals.

Cons

There really isn't much help from upper management at all. The support system needed just isn't there for store managers. Many times you are left to deal with issues on your own because no one will effectively communicate back to you.

Take care to look inside the business before hiring outsiders to fill positions. Many dedicated and loyal employees are frequently overlooked for promotions, and it is very sad.

Fun place to work in college, wouldn't want any more than that

Current Employee - Key Holder
    Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Francesca's Collections part-time

Pros

Great hours, really cute clothes, very small staff so you get to do everything (visuals, customer service, sales tracking)

Cons

High turnover (constantly training new people), corporate is always changing policies, I did more work for no more pay

STOP hiring people completely based on availability. It is terrible to have to work with unqualified people. STOP continuously changing policies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company experiencing many growing pains.

Former Employee - Boutique Manager
    Former Employee - Boutique Manager

I worked at Francesca's Collections full-time for less than a year

Pros

Freedom in merchandising store, nice employee discount, more control over store than other retail companies, you gain a lot of management experience in different capacities

Cons

Long hours, under staffed, absurd sales goals, salary and bonuses are a joke, corporate expects managers to run their store and still be a able to help out everywhere else.

I understand that when I joined, the company was expanding extremely rapidly. However, because of this they were blinded by the issues that were coming up at newly opened locations. New stores weren't give the training or support they needed to thrive and thus, were prone to failure. The degree in which they expanded was phenomenal but they should've prepared for what they were going to do once the stores opened rather than just turning around to open the next.

Work Place

I worked at Francesca's Collections full-time

Pros

Visual Freedom, Great customer service background

Cons

They pay is low, policies and guidelines are consistently changing.

Great experience. Managers and area managers very helpful in learning process and procedures.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Francesca's Collections part-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits and rewards for doing well, organized, great group of people, ability to climb the corporate ladder, learn how to run a business, learn how to market, customer service.

Cons

No clear rules or regulations regarding how the store should be set up. Normally are told to set store up one way and once visited by higher ups we were told that it was wrong. Made our job very confusing.

Clear procedures in setting up stores, effective communication all around the company.

Seasonal Boutique Associate

Former Employee - Seasonal Boutique Associate
    Former Employee - Seasonal Boutique Associate

I worked at Francesca's Collections part-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the products sold here. Fashionable and affordable. Discount is decent enough, and the job is pretty simple. Fun dress code, and you get to wear the jewelry while you work. I really loved the people I worked with and had the best manager.

Cons

The pay is pretty low, and they give you very few hours. Definitely not somewhere to work if you're trying to make tons of money. The job was pretty boring, honestly. It was fine for a seasonal part time job in the summer but not much more than that. No room for growth, and very few positions.

Make things smarter, not harder. And for god's sake stop breaking and throwing away perfectly good merchandize just because it's last season!

Wonderful staff but not a lot of growth

Current Employee - Boutique Key Holder
    Current Employee - Boutique Key Holder

I have been working at Francesca's Collections part-time for more than a year

Pros

The clothing, the team closeness, and the fun customers were the best thing about this position. My original team became close friends and even after leaving the company we all keep in contact.

Cons

There's no growth and the upper management is going under changes in Ohio (2014) so things are pretty unstable.

Fill positions before people lead and make sure associates and key holders can voice options or suggestions and feel heard.

GREAT!! JOB!! FOR FIRST RETAIL JOB

Former Employee - Key Holder  in  Rolling Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Rolling Hills, CA

I worked at Francesca's Collections part-time for more than a year

Pros

You learn everything there is to know about retail. Because it's still a small company you are able to do Visuals, shipment, help customers, host in-store events, assist manager with store displays.

Cons

Company does not offer Internships, It is way too easy to get promoted. So sometimes the managers don't know what they are doing either.

Ask lots of questions, and don't be afraid to make any mistakes.

Boutique Associate

Former Employee - Boutique Associate  in  Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Boutique Associate in Westlake, OH

I worked at Francesca's Collections part-time for more than a year

Pros

This job was very good retail experience. It was a good first "real" job to have. The environment was also fun at times.

Cons

There is not a lot of personal development or leadership from management. Other than basic technical training (register) there is no real teaching.

Francesca's Collections Photos

fitting rooms
Under the Gunn accessories wall
visual
yup

+ Add Photo

Worked for Francesca's Collections? Contribute to the Community!