Francesca's Collections

www.francescas.com

Francesca's Collections Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Neill Davis

Pros
  • employee discount (30-50% depending on position) (in 15 reviews)

• Great discount, fun work environment, great products (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No support from upper management in regards to leadership and continuing management education (in 20 reviews)

• unprofessional, no incentives, low pay, low discount, weekly corporate changes (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Boutique Manager

ProsGreat discount, fun work environment, great products.

ConsBeyond low pay. Worked over 40 hours more weeks then I could count and got nothing for it. They tell you about the bonus program but they set the goals so high that you'll never make the bonus. Forced to work alone for hours, doing visuals and tasks alone. No sick days and hardly any PTO days. Raises are a joke, almost an insult.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and value the amazing employees you have. Stop trying to reach 900 stores and focus on the stores you have open. Pay managers what they deserve.

It has served as an educational stepping stone, but it is not a company with which I would plan a permanent career.

Boutique Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits, employee discounts, creative freedom, small staffs per boutique with a family-like atmosphere, and the opportunity to grow your business via private events that involve networking with other businesses in the community.

ConsIt is a young company, and policies change frequently. For example, the bonus policy for all employees just changed dramatically in an adverse way. Managers are required to work eight hours per day, five days per week, which some managers view as excessive (I personally feel this to be manageable). It is difficult to curtail shop-lifting within the boutiques as the only loss prevention policy that is allowed is the recovery statement (ex. "Do you happen to know where that red necklace you were looking at earlier is?") It can be very difficult to work with upper management as they are often difficult to reach and, when reached, out of touch with the needs of your boutique.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe attentive to the needs of each individual boutique. Do not assume that you are aware of the goings-on in each boutique just from weekly conference calls and boutique visits. Additionally, visit your boutiques more often, and surprise them. Catching them unawares will allow you to identify their areas of opportunity so that they might improve upon them. Respond to emails right away. It is understandable if you can't answer every phone call, but you should be available via email. To be otherwise is just unprofessional.

Assistant Boutique Manager

Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWorked 2 weekends a month and had 2 weekends off a month. Only worked 1 Sunday a month.

ConsNo support from upper management in regards to leadership and continuing management education. No support from employee or customer harassment. Company has policies but does not follow their own policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your employees!!! Do not try to tear them down to being them up. Give them opportunities to be challenged in a positive way.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager

Boutique Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe pay is reasonable. Ability to control most of the visual aspect of the store, permitted you agree with your area manager.

ConsDiscount is bad, there is minimal room for internal growth. The company is young and still doesn't really know what they're doing. Corporate constantly changes their mind about almost every decision that is sent out to the boutiques and there's not really a consistent line of communication which is pretty disastrous. There are no floor sets which is great, but in giving you creative license you also had to answer to your area manager about the choices that you've made which I promise will be wrong almost all of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm assuming that everyone who works in our corporate office has never actually WORKED in retail, or they would realize the idiocy of 99% of the things that they do. I don't know how to even begin to fix the messes they make.

Want to basically work for nothing? Francesca's is for you then.

Boutique Key Holder (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsReasonable creativity with merchandising. Was (past tense) a really fun company to work for before they went public.

ConsNowhere near competitive pay. Work will be demanded of you that is above your pay grade. Area/Regional management will probably never listen to any questions, comments, or even concerns. Corporate and upper management speak to associates like they are 4 years old and incapable of reading, writing, and other basic motor skills. Want to get promoted? Good luck and don't hold your breath.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to be "Upper Leadership." The company will fail, not might fail, but will fail because it employs transactional managers that are focused on the dollar and not the employee. Happy employees equal happy customers. I've been with the company for years and it seems like they are taking tips from other retailers on how to be as crappy as possible to the employees. I am truly saddened by the changes made company-wide.

Not worth it

Sales Boutique Associate (Former Employee) Braintree, MA

ProsIf you like working crazy hours for almost no money this is the job for you. Its fun to learn the new styles and pick out outfits and jewelry for customers.They are all about meeting the daily/weekly/monthly goals and empower everyone to make more sales. The balance between school and work seemed impossible and the managers were very understanding about it. I would recommend working here if you are interested in fashion merchandising. All the girls were very friendly and I still keep in touch with them!

ConsThe manager "forgot" to file my paperwork when I applied and I did not get paid for TWO MONTHS. When I did get paid, that money would go towards all of the clothes I wanted from there. There is no room for personal growth unless someone is fired or you move locations. When it gets busy, everyone gets overwhelmed and catty. Getting paid $8 an hour is not worth it AT ALL. There were fraud scandals with some of the associate's checks and our manager got fired (not the first time this has happened). Their lack of organization and sketchy payroll systems lead me to quit this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey still owe me over $100....so pay up. Upper management needs to do harsher background checks on the managers. Nobody is happy unless they are getting paid more than $8/hr so that should be raised.

Cute boutique with little pay

Boutique Key Holder (Former Employee)

ProsGreat discount, they have several vendors which gives customers several style options for merchandise

ConsLow pay, poor management, you put in so much work, but receive very low pay. Management would make you clock out, so you didn't have overtime and would continue to make you work. Doesn't allow you to grow with the company.

Micro managed, very low pay and there are so many great opportunities out there!

Boutique Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGuests are excited to shop at francescas creating a warm and happy environment.
    good place to get your experience to put on your resume.

ConsArea and Regional Management are relentless in micro managing your business. They say "own your business" but they do not allow you to. You constantly have to send pictures to prove you are doing things their way, resulting in an environment with no trust. The management is very critical and no recognition or praise is given. The management team does not support you, they would rather throw you under the bus. Communication is one way, as they really do not show that they are listening to you, or care to. Expectations are very high, long hours, & very low pay. They tell you at the interview that there are bonuses, however, bonuses are unachievable, as they set your goals so high they are unrealistic and out of your control.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your management team, ask for honest feedback from your BMR's, look at your turnover rate...all the money you invest in training and then your teams leave?
    Increase your salaries and revisit the bonus structure.

Fun at first but corporate ended up ruining it for me and my team.

Boutique Associate (Former Employee) Murray, UT

ProsThe discount is pretty good, especially when they'd do the random 50% off for all employees, my coworkers for the most part were great and we got along well, scheduling was pretty flexible.

ConsCorporate had unrealistic expectations for our sales and our store. Our clientele is very conservative and "modest" so many of the style weren't popular in our area and the new sales approach they were trying out didn't seem to work for our demographic. The rules and changes they made ultimately made me and many other girls quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the way you were when the company started. The boutique feel became much more corporate by the end of my employment - and not in a good way.

It has been good so far, but I would like to see more from the company.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsYou feel more like a store owner.

ConsA lot of work for not that greatest pay.

Worked for Francesca's Collections? Contribute to the Community!