Francesca's Collections Reviews

1. Boutique associate ABOUT

Former Employee - Boutique Associate in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Boutique Associate in Columbus, OH

I worked at Francesca's Collections part-time

Pros

training was quick, paid weekly, dress nicely, and 30% off full retail price

Cons

the clothes are pricey, our store was small, so when it's a busy friday afternoon the store will be packed to the point where you cannot move anywhere, personally it gave me a headache. My manager would send me 30 minutes across town to work at another location with out asking me and she'll tell me last minute which was extremely annoying. They write the schedules on a piece of paper and it's no where to be found online (location varies)

let your workers know these changes ahead of time!

2. BMR - overall good job

Former Employee - Bmr in Huntington Station, NY
    Former Employee - Bmr in Huntington Station, NY

I worked at Francesca's Collections full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Able to get creative, easy going, and straight forward

Cons

Long hours, senior management too busy for people

Try to stay on same page so overall business can run smoothly.

3. Questionable Management

I worked at Francesca's Collections

Pros

Friendly Co-Workers/Great Facility/Pretty Good Perks

Cons

Management hiring friends for leadership positions

Growing pains are being felt strong at the store level...

Current Employee - Boutique Manager
    Current Employee - Boutique Manager

I have been working at Francesca's Collections full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- There is a good amount of creative freedom.
    - The discounts range from 30% to 50% depending on your position.
    - BMR and ABM bonus programs.
    - Depending on the region, there are KH incentive programs in place.
    - Decent starting pay at all positions.
    - BMR's receive 10 days/80 hours of PTO.
    - Great product that is easy to sell.
    - Always good promotions to help move product out and up total sales.
    - If you work hard and perform well, you will be promoted.

Cons

- Practically no work-life balance. If you are single, with no children, and don't care to be social then this job is perfect for you.
    - No paid maternity leave.
    - Promotions/sales change irregularly and often. This causes tension with staff and guests.
    - Recently, the company started requiring that any markdowns or merchandising had to be done before or after hours. That, in itself, is not a total con but the expectations compared to the amount of payroll given to complete those tasks are very skewed. I work in one of the bigger stores and we were expected to do an entire floor set in three hours with only three people.
    - Also, because of this new policy, there is almost no time to actually train any new team members how to merchandise.
    - Speaking of training, depending on a new-hire's position, a manager only gets 2-4 extra payroll hours to train them. That isn't even enough time to train someone on the register system adequately.
    - The newest way we are being trained in the Guest Experience is totally commission-based selling and it makes guests and staff incredibly uncomfortable. We don't get paid commission but the way we're trained makes it appear that way to our guests.
    - We're told to be flexible with our refund/return policy which basically means, take it all back no matter what. Then we get questioned on why our returns are high.
    - Shipment is completely unpredictable. In a high-volume store, we'll get 2 boxes one day and 14 the next. We'll get nothing on our slow days but receive huge amount of merchandise on peak days and are expected to have it out to sell. But, technically, we aren't supposed to do any taking during store hours so we're left in this conflict of what to sacrifice. No matter what is done, sales are lost. They either are lost because the new product sits unprocessed too long or a guest gets less attention than usual because shipment is getting processed.

It is incredibly clear that the corporate side of Francesca's has no idea what it's like to be at the store level. The regional and district managers are disconnected as well. Too much is expected to be done in way too little time and/or without the right resources. We give feedback but it seems that nothing ever comes of it. When I first started with this company, I absolutely loved going to work every single day. Now, with all of these recent changes, I'm constantly dreading going in.

Corporate,
    You have to be more aware of what you are actually asking of your teams. You are overworking everyone, boutique manager to boutique associate, with no real compensation. People need to be able to spend time with their family. Get your hands dirty and come work in the stores so you can get a true idea of what it's like before you do anything. Stay connected with your stores, not just through emails, but with real communication.

6. Creative and customer focused

I worked at Francesca's Collections

Pros

Visual freedom and work life balance

Cons

No right visuals it was matter of person opinion, so it was always changing

Set a unified opinion

I cannot in good conscience recommend this as a place to work

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Francesca's Collections full-time

Pros

Perks: decent amount of PTO days, free fruit and soda in kitchen, on-site gym

Cons

- very young, immature office culture. There seems to be at least a 50% turnover in MP&A every year, so every one is always new and there aren't a lot of experienced employees.
    - questionable retail methodologies used. If you come from a major retailer you will not like it here. I am worried that the longer I stay here the less intelligent I will become.
    - poor trainer procedures for new hires.
    - extreme micro-managing from the top. Meetings consistently run over by at least an hour because the CMO and other leaders lack time management and leadership skills.

- new leaders need to be brought in who are true retail visionaries with experience growing a business.

8. Former Key Holder

I worked at Francesca's Collections

Pros

30% off discount to Sales Associates and Key Holders, this also includes Assistant Managers. More of a discount to Boutique Manager. You are allowed to (supposed to) wear three pieces of in-stock jewelry per shift. Yearly promotional raises based on performance. Strong corporate affiliation with management.

Cons

No shoplifting policy. In the store I worked at, the manager was shoplifting frequently and went unnoticed. The idea of promoting from within devastated the boutique I worked at. Instead of hiring someone qualified, or checking her work performance, they promoted her based on her being an Assistant Manager and the store fell dramatically because of it. The girls who work here are extremely cliquey. Too much pressure on management in college towns over summer to reach unreasonable goals. Corporate took away incentives like gift cards they used to give. People again shoplift all the time and get away with it because there is no policy. District manager was incompetent and blamed minor employees for management mistakes. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT.

Don't promote from within. Promote whom is qualified, and professional. In addition, District Managers- there are more to employees than your lack visits and your criticism on their sales. Numbers and UPTs do not lie.

9. I've worked for the company for 2 years

Former Employee - Keyholder in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Natick, MA

I worked at Francesca's Collections part-time (more than a year)

Pros

works with your availability, fashion trendy, opportunities for promotions, fun atmosphere

Cons

low pay, the clientele can be difficult

Terrible company to work for

I worked at Francesca's Collections

Pros

Cute cloths, unique store atmosphere

Cons

The pay is terrible, they make offers to employees & then never follow through

11. MANAGERS

I worked at Francesca's Collections

Pros

Coworkers, customers, the clothes, it was an easy job.

Cons

Upper management, no room for improvement, too much drama, unprofessional environment.

Listen to your employees. When they complain about the store manager, is because there is SOMETHING WRONG! Our manager could not keep any employees for less than 2 months, she was unprofessional, rude, and acted lik she was 12, when in reality she is 32 years old.

Francesca's Collections Photos