Frankie & Benny's

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014
3.3

Andrew Page

Decade working for this company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This company rewards those who come to work and give great service. I have had great rewards working for frankie and Bennys

Cons

Double shifts because 18-20 year olds can't handle a hang over or still get mum and dad to pay for them. Kitchen under portioning food.

Don't hide in the office. Nearly all great managers are the ones who started from the bottom and worked there way up to management.

Don't allow staff to control the work space. You are in charge prove to them you know everything and then coach them to work to the five star service and the ten rules of hospitality.

Customers recognise which staff care that there spending lots of money and which staff just care about there hourly rate.

Never allow your kitchen staff to under portion. If you think it looks small IT IS! customers pay for meals! Not a tesco meal deal!

I began as a waitress and I was eventually promoted into part of the on-site management team

Former Employee - Supervisor in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hard workers were often recognised and responsibilities were increased as a result
    Good relationship with other staff members - the stress of being part of such a busy site was decreased by the fact that you did feel very much a part of a team

Cons

As is the case with most restaurants, shifts were extremely long with short breaks
    Strong focus on upselling - often so much so that customer care is ignored
    Leadership was often lacking - I was of the opinion that my promotion was only due to the fact that our individual store was running low on attentive supervisory staff members.

not worth working for this company

Current Employee - Waiter in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Waiter in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good tips , pansion contribution ,

Cons

Min wage , long hours , whatever you do is never enough .

Do not say only bad things, evaluate and good customer reviews

A short stay

Former Employee - Busser in Ashton-under-Lyne, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Busser in Ashton-under-Lyne, England (UK)

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is hard work, i was a busser ( cleaning tables, giving drinks out, that sort of thing) and i had to clean like 4 tables in 2 minutes because people would be waiting, and then say if layed the table for 4 people they would tell me to change it to 2 and they did that a lot which frustrated me.
    i also didn't get any breaks on my long shifts but one day i started at 1 and had my break at 1:30 for 2 hours, the whole of the staff were on a break because there was no one in, so i would of liked to at least start later than just sitting there not even getting paid.
    Also some of the staff told me to do one thing then another person would cane different so that trusted me, it was also horrible cleaning the cutlery as there was still food on them when they had come out of the washing department.

Cons

Great place to work for but need to employee more bussers as i had my hands pretty full all the time, also make sure employers get breaks that are needed and not making them come in just to sit there for 2 hours.

I worked at the ashton under lyne one and i am not able to give feedback for this particular restaurant so i placed it in the London category.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Chef in Eastbourne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Chef in Eastbourne, England (UK)

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get discount every time you dine there

Cons

lots of inspections and negative feedback

Pay the chefs a higher wage, they will in return keep their kitchens cleaner

Awful short sighted company

Former Employee - Waitress in Banbury, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Waitress in Banbury, England (UK)

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good tips, free food during shift, uniform is provided e.g. apron & waistcoat, discount on meals at all restaurants in chain.

Cons

Long shifts with long unpaid breaks where you're not allowed to leave; rude managers who are unhelpful at busy times; consistently underpaid by incorrectly submitted rotas; poor hygiene in kitchen.

Understand that continually cutting staff will mean the two that are left can't cover 80 tables on their own, especially when managers are sat in the office during busy times - stop being so short sighted.

Recently employed and I already want to get out of this hellhole.

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only one I can think of is the amount of Tips you can earn, I made an extra £20 on my first training shift.

Cons

Rubbish management absolutely terrible. I'm contracted work thirty hours and I've only been able to work ten of them, because the restaurant was "dead".

My manager does not know how to nor care about training staff. She constantly berates me about how I should know this and that. Making mistakes are the be all and end all according to her also forgetting that I'm NEW!

She constantly always looks miserable, she's unapproachable. I asked her the first time I got paid if it was possible to have my payslip as it was urgent; I was met with the excuse "I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE FOR TWO DAYS I DON'T KNOW WHERE THINGS ARE!" I then had to go and rummage through the office myself because everyone else is just so freaking lame. Anyway I found them on the shelf above the computer in a box called Payroll.

There's also the chance to be put on standby! Thats when management deems the restaurant to be too quiet and basically puts you on an unpaid break.

There's absolutely zero respect for the people on minimum wage contracts within this company. I can honestly say I will no longer support the restaurant group, and will be letting people know how bad it is.

Also one more thing, everyone in management is practically related or dating someone- so basically you're screwed either way -you have no one to talk to.

Just quit your job you have absolutely no idea on what you are doing.

Great for making quick cash, not a long term career

Current Employee - Waiter in Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Waiter in Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quick, easy money
    Good team environment
    Flexible rota

Cons

No real career progression
    Very slim chance of promotions

Very good to work for valued as employee

Current Employee - Head Chef in Birstall, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

very close to my home not much traveling

Cons

somtimes have to start early mornings