Franklin Covey

Be The First To
Add Photos

Franklin Covey Chairman, President, and CEO Bob Whitman

Bob Whitman

Seven Habits thinking from the brilliant Steven Covey is empowering.

Productivity Consultant (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

ProsTraining and honing interpersonal skills with team building.
    Intelligent minds to guide similar.

ConsNow their products are only online on the East Coast.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management in the store, and customer service support was excellent.

Best team of people I've ever worked with.

Senior Programmer (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreg's team is awesome to work with. He's a great boss who doesn't micromanage, and really tries hard to put his guys in a position to succeed. The rest of his team is the same, no competing interests, just everybody working hard, and often wearing too many hats, but making sure everything gets done the best to their ability.

ConsOutside of the team, the upper management has unrealistic expectations. They want everything cheap, fast, and super high quality. They need to learn that you can't have all three.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your developers more, they are very solid guys who know what they are talking about.

Great Product, I wish we lived what we sold.

Inside Business Partner (Former Employee)

ProsI liked the people I worked with. Very supportive staff, and some are still good personal friends. I truly believed in the product I was selling.

ConsIt seemed very much like the company wasn't practicing what we preached. It seemed very often that important principles like putting first things first, focusing on the important (not the urgent) wasn't focused on, among many other things. If only we could have had a FranklinCovey consultant come give consultation to FranklinCovey, we'd be golden :)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not good - behind the times

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsClosed on Sundays, regardless what is going on (great if any major days is on a Sunday - July 4th, day after Christmas, New Year's Day). Potential to earn bonuses.

ConsLocated in a mall, so those late night holiday hours apply. A LOT of favoritism in the company; very cliquish as others have pointed out. Sales goals very skewed. A part timer sometimes had much higher goals than the manager in spite of working considerably fewer hours. High pressure to sell seats to a workshop, which gets ridiculous when most of the customers are repeat customers (particularly companies) and have already been through the workshops. Not to mention those workshops are ridiculously overpriced (going in the hundreds). They do not practice what they preach and therefore make poor business decisions. The company is way too focused on paper products, and has very little to keep up with the fact that people are using tablets/iPads/smartphones to do it all. Products can be overpriced, which doesn't help when Franklin Covey products are sold for cheaper at places like Office Depot. No room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlay fair and stop the favoritism. Make the goals fair according to how many hours are being worked and if it is a slow/busy sales time (a person working a closing shift on a very slow night as his only shift that week should not have a $900 goal). Focus less on paper products and more on electronic offerings before more of your stores close, or the whole company does.

Overall my time with FranklinCovey was great!

Intern Event Registration Partner (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe atmosphere was so supportive. You could have any question answered instantly and thoroughly thanks to the wonderful employees that work in the Chicago Central Region office.

ConsI don't have any negative comments or feelings towards this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent company to work with and for, good work-life balance

ConsMaking poor business decisions, not keeping up with electronic options.

Mostly positive

Client Partner (Former Employee)

Prosgreat associates, meaningful work with clients who want to improve, cutting edge

Conscan be political, broken promises

Great Part-Time Job

Productivity Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsStore is closed on Sundays, Located in Shopping center not a mall, Management works with school schedule, Easy store upkeep, Easy programs, Internet access, free to use Social Media sites when store is slow, Meeting Goals is based on team as a whole, not individual worker, no disciplinary actions for not meeting goals, most stores do not meet them anyway.

ConsPay, Bonuses are low, a lot of crazy customers (I'm talking hoarders, compulsive shoppers, compulsive returners), no health benefits for p/t employees, work holidays, work weekends.

Advice to Senior Managemente-commerce is not the way to acquire new customers.

Former employee, Inside business partner

Inside Business Partner (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood work-life balance, great people

ConsLow pay, no upward mobility

Dysfunctional Management from the top to the bottom!

Account Management (Former Employee)

ProsGreat employees that are sorely underappreciated and undervalued

ConsAs stated in other reviews; cliques within management and for a "time management" company; they have absolutely none of any of the values they teach. Mr. Whitman needs to step down so they can change the culture back to what it used to be before he "took over".

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach!

Worked for Franklin Covey? Contribute to the Community!