I worked at Franklin Fire Department-Massachusetts
Pros – - You are doing a great service for your community
- You are a part of a wonderful, caring, and courageous American Institution
- The work you do has real-life meaning
- Can be exciting at times
- You are free to pursue your own interests during down-time; tv with cable and internet
- Ridealong opportunities to learn more about the field
- Challenging. Maybe a con to some people, but if you want a job where you need to use every ounce of your brain-power in intense situations, then this is a great place to be.
Cons – - Pay!! For the work we do, we deserve to be paid more. I was almost making more as a gas station attendant across town, for Pete's sake!
- Always living with the knowing that any mistakes can cause someone to lose their life
- Your schedule is rarely going to change, so better hope you like the shift you're assigned
- Information about policy changes rarely makes it to the Communications Office in a timely fashion
Advice to Senior Management – It was a great pleasure working with you all. I wouldn't change a thing!... except the pay. Gotta pay us more!
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2010-08-29 05:56 PDT
I have been working at Franklin Fire Department-Massachusetts
Pros – -brotherhood
-sense of pride and fulfillment in your career
-work 10 days a month
-get paid to sleep depending on where you are
-liked by the public
-potential for advancement
-knowing you make a difference in someone's life
Cons – -pay
-away from family for 24 hours
-called in for disasters
-high hazard job
-there is a possibility that when you go to work, you may not come back.
-trauma witnessed at scenes, dealing with death
Advice to Senior Management – Firefighters, or firemen, are rescuers extensively trained primarily to put out hazardous fires that threaten civilian populations and property, to rescue people from car accidents, collapsed and burning buildings and other such situations. The increasing complexity of modern industrialized life with an increase in the scale of hazards has stimulated both advances in firefighting technology and a broadening of the firefighter-rescuer's remit. They sometimes provide emergency medical services. The fire service, or fire and rescue service also known in some countries as the fire brigade or fire department, are some of the emergency services.
2010-03-14 09:23 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –