Franklin Park Sonterra Senior Living Center

Updated January 21, 2015
2.0

CEO

Toxic Environment

I have been working at Franklin Park Sonterra Senior Living Center part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job security- there is a lot of turnover, so if you make a genuine mistake odds are it will blow over.

Cons

Management changes their expectations a lot. You're randomly asked to do work that's above your pay grade- and believe me, you won't be fairly compensated. It's us versus them between staff and management. The managers are known to gossip about employees- I heard them gosiping almost every day I worked there and had them gossip to me about other employees. When mistakes are made the first reaction is pointing fingers, usually at the lowest ranking person. Sometime people who have nothing to do with the mistake are blamed and gossiped about. It builds a lot of mistrust.

Try creating a more supportive environment. You have employees that are really good and you don't recognize them. Also stop talking about workers behind their bakc and treating them like they're incompetent. You hired them and if all of them are as bad as you seem to think, then the problem is you.

Residents are amazing... Management HORRIBLE!!!

Former Employee - Care Aide in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Care Aide in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Franklin Park Sonterra Senior Living Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Second shift works together a lot and the residents love the workers. One main reason people stay is because of the residents and who can blame them, they are grateful for the work you do.
    When you need help, second shift, they are willing to help you to become a greater worker and enjoy the place.

Cons

Now where do I start...

GOSSIP: when I initially came in to work at this place, management advised me that there was no gossip allowed within her employees or they will be fired. They advised me anything we talked about would NEVER go outside of her doors because it was kept anonymous. First day on the floor during orientation and BAM... "Did you hear about.... Wow management told me this.... If you work here keep your life to yourself cause everyone gossips..." I did not know what was going on here with this place, but I kept going with it.

NOT ENOUGH STAFF: certain shifts are only out for themselves so that's all I'm going to say. When someone calls off or you need a day off, whether you have a doctors note or not, you HAVE to find your own coverage PERIOD! Management does not like anyone calling off because there is not enough people to cover anyone's shift. Not enough aides of any kind so when management makes your schedule, most likely you'll be short one day a week.

You will be overworked, understaffed, and underpaid... PERIOD!

Care about your employees. They are the reason you have a job so show some compassion for them because they have lives too.