Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Templeton Investments Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Franklin Templeton Investments President & CEO Gregory E. Johnson

Gregory E. Johnson

Pros
  • follows some of the better practices in the industry and will give you good work-life balance (in 39 reviews)

• Franklin Templeton offers good benefits and competitive pay (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Many layers of middle management that only cares about covering their behind (in 12 reviews)

• Some Senior management have the good ol boy mentality (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsExcellent benefits, very employee oriented company. One of the best things about the company is the people who work there. Depending on your position and who your manager is, there are many opportunities for learning and development

ConsManagers are inexperienced in the art of managing. It seems as if people get promoted on the strength of their technical abilities, but no training is provided to either prepare them or help them succeed in their new positions.

The Ft. Lauderdale location sometimes seems to be the step child of the much larger corporate headquarters in San Mateo

Advice to Senior ManagementSome management has been there too long and sees things only the "Franklin" way. There is value to have experienced other employers, but often that experience is not valued because it has to be done their way. Some managers who have been there 15 or 20 years need to leave as they are no longer interested in what they are doing, but rather "killing time" until they can retire.

Not a great place for IT profession

Director (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsFamily friendly and chilled culture, nice offices and not much more

ConsGetting work done is like pushing a boulder up a hill. Laid back and bureaucratic place

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with people and communicate with them.

Think deeply and do your research before making a decision to join.

Vice President (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsLoved the size of the company - mid sized - international exposure, profitable, good benefits, excellent cafe, workout facility, ample parking, nice facilities, near shopping, near freeways

ConsLack of collaboration and inclusion, and common goals seem to be lacking. No one comes out of their offices, has coffee or lunch together, or seems to like one another. Lack of encouraging words but ample criticism and back-biting culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together, create an inclusive environment, and value your employees. Understand your employees skills and give them a voice commensurate with their organizational level.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent, goal oriented corporate culture

Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI liked the camaraderie and cohesiveness of the employees. All departments work together really well. The company has tremendous benefits and opportunities for career growth.

ConsSometimes the hours can be long, and you might be required to go far beyond your job during market downturns.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to create a career path for all associates, and to review them with goals for future growth.

If you're looking for stable long-term employment, this is the place.

Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsStable company with good healthcare benefits. Fairly well-organized internally. Involved in the community. Offers career opportunities globally. Has many long-term employees. Good bonus structure.

ConsExtremely traditional, very corporate, conservative, large and very slow moving. Many navigate internal processes and protocols that are not easy or quick to navigate. Offers only traditional benefits and perks for employees and not enough. Salaries are not competitive; most are at the low end of the range. Career pathing is not clear and often stunted because of the many long-time employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider 360 reviews so that all employees can review leaders and provide input. Give employees and individual contributors an opportunity to provide more feedback in a safe environment so leaders can be better informed and make decisions based on what is happening on the ground versus information that is diluted as it makes its way to the top.

Very political, people are not stable

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat Location in California, excellent office.

ConsPeople are not trustworthy. Very political place, stay away...

Advice to Senior ManagementTone down the politics, it makes their management paranoid.

Great place with long tenure

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOne of the most employee friendly places in the financial industry.

ConsSometimes the career path is not very clearly defined

Great benefits & work-life balance

ProsBenefits are unbeatable! There're definitely opportunities for growth but it depends on which department. The company promotes work life balance.

ConsWhile our benefits are great, salaries are not as competitive but not below the average.

A Great company

ProsGreat overall company to work for

ConsCould Find new ways to out perform competitors

One of the best companies to work for.

Senior Account Services Adm (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsTools provided, continuous training, benefits.

ConsThere is really no negatives for me to discuss.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is very knowledgeable of their field and very helpful with their teams. Also very accessible.

Worked for Franklin Templeton Investments? Contribute to the Community!